Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #106  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Day #4 of no binging! It's been almost 4 weeks of eating healthy, counting calories, and controlling portions. I've had a small handful of binging incidents, but I'm really proud of all the days I succeeded . Before, I could have overeaten or binged almost daily, and that's something I need to remind myself of. I've made progress.

On a related note, my fiance and I have a planned date night coming up this weekend. We're having dinner and dessert at Black Angus, and I'm not going to even attempt to track what I eat that day. I'm just going to eat super healthy and light the rest of the day and then enjoy our date guilt-free. I think it'll be good for both of us to eat for a day without fretting about calorie intake. It's one night, and I'm going to have fun!

Last edited by 2Dy2MrwAlwys; 11-15-2012 at 02:42 AM.
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #107  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I've been hiding out for a while because I've been so ashamed- 4 days of bingeing/ overeating and I felt myself slipping down a very slippery slope- today is day 2 back on track and I'm digging in trying to stay on the straight and narrow!. I've had a nasty cold for a few days- so I've been half-exercising and pretty sad that I can't feel like myself an get back to my normal routine.

Last year I gained around 10 lbs over the holidays- I've got to stop myself from getting to that point again. So I'm clawing my way out of this binge-hole. Hopefully tomorrow ill be able to get a good workout in to lift my spirits.

Anyways- I'm still here watching everyone! ;-) keeping an eye on 'y'all. I hope everyone is finding success and feeling great about their progress!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Joss - Making small goals has definitely helped. I also think you're right, I kind of felt like I was "allowed the binge" which was why I caved. I also did a lot of other bad things such as baking when I knew I didn't have the self control for it. On the bright side, I don't think the binge was as bad as I thought it was. There was hardly any weight gain the next day. I think that might have been because I didn't add that much sugar to the scones. Usually I binge on really high sugar foods.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Wanted to send a quick hug to danzingurl! I am so glad you've been able to come out of hiding and start climbing out of your binge-hole. Well done, I know you can make it through the winter!!

Also, amyamy, awesome job on finally making it a whole week!! Good luck with your next goal!

I'm on an iPod so can't go and check everyone, but I wanted to say GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE for keeping up the fight this month!! Halfway already!

Still unplanned-binge-free here as well. (: Had a bit of overheating earlier in the week, at dinner the day of my planned refeed, but I've recovered and the forecast is clear for now.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #110  
Jessica

Thanks mottainai! I read your post about your progress and I am so impressed! You are an inspiration and I love hearing stories about what different strategies work for different people!

Today will be day four of no binges... I'm starting to feel back in control. This stupid cold just won't go away, so I still haven't been up to my normal workout routine... Praying that I'm back to working out by tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone. Bad news, just had a BAD BINGE. What is going on with me lately? Sometimes it's so hard to think I can beat this. I just ate 3200 calories or so today, and it's only five! My tummy hurts so bad and I could live with the binge if I wasn't dreading the discomfort tomorrow. It will be Saturday, and I won't be leaving the house I'm sure. Every time I think it's going to be different. but I always fall back into it. These past two months have been extra bad for me after a period of doing really well. So feel better Danzingurl, you're not alone! Does anyone have any words of wisdom?
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #112  

I binged yesterday. I'm feeling motivated to get back on track roday. I think I need to be careful with how I plan out my diet so I'm not getting hungry. I also need to include more regular snacks.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #113  

I spoke too soon. I snuck out to binge. Feeling bad at them moment.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #114  
Jessica

Amyamy- it happens... Hugs to you and good luck getting back on track as soon as possible- the longer I wait the harder it seems to get, better to just start now! You CAN and will do it

Lacey- how are you feeling? Were you able to get back on track? Let us know!

Today was day 5 of good eating- and day 5 without a workout- so good and bad, but I keep telling myself that I'll get over this virus sooner if I don't workout. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back into it! But I'm feeling good about my not-bingeing.

How are all of you planning on handling the holidays? I'm actually planning to just stay within my regular calories- since I'm not a huge fan of any thanksgiving food anyways. But we'll see how it goes!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

To all the lovely people here: just wanted to say that I'm going to stay off this particular part of the forum for a bit as I feel like it'll be more beneficial for me to separate the binge issue from other diet related things, ad also to not overly devote myself to it in general, at this point! So don't be worried if I'm not heard from, lol. I wish all of you the best continuing your efforts here!!! (:

I want to say just that I read the book called Brain Over Binge, and it really rocked my world, and I feel like it may be a real game-changer for me. I would highly recommend anyone to get it if you are interested!!

Love and support to all of you!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Good luck Mottainai, sometimes it helps not to be reminded of it every day. I get that. Danzin, things are better though I haven't started exercising again. I'm back on plan food wise, but I ate even more after that post and I honestly just feel so gross and squishy right now that I can't face a workout! Congrats on your day 5! All in all I think I just need a reset. I'm not going home for Thanksgiving this year and honestly I'm just relieved. I think the stress of all the yummy foods right now would make everything worse. What I really would like to do is to eat intuitively. I recently bought a book on the subject. I'm not sure if it will work for me but I'm interested in what the author has to say. Hope everyone has had a good Sunday!

Last edited by laceyj; 11-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #117  
Jessica

Mottainai- good luck!

Lacey- thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you are feeling better! Will you let me know how that book is?? My hunger cues are so messed up- I have never even considered intuitive eating...

I came so close to a binge today. I'm still barely hanging on-actually- but I think I'll make it now. I ate 2500 calories- my "limit" that I get once a week for emergencies... I am happy that I didn't binge but a little disappointed that I ate that much... I did get a great workout in this morning though, so that makes me feel better. I just can't win lately! Is anyone else super stressed about thanksgiving?? I don't even LIKE turkey, potatoes, cranberries, or stuffing, and pie isn't my favorite- so it's actually easy for me to not eat much on thanksgiving but the food pushing that goes on at my in-laws in unreal. I'm already half-tempted to not eat anything at all just to prove a point. :P

Ok rant over. Sheesh I'm always so whiny on this forum- it's like having a journal that responds... It's my place to let it all out I suppose!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #118  

Height: 5'4

Just a quick check in! Still here, and still On Plan... that makes today day 15 for me of no binges (with one high calorie yet controlled day in there... been 8 days since that.)

I was on a road trip in PA the past few days and not only did I manage to ignore the cheesesteaks, baked soft pretzels and Hershey (OMG) but I also stayed within calories and got in a moderate amount of exercise!

Thanksgiving plans have changed unfortunately, but now my husband and I will be going out for dinner as opposed to eating with friends all day long and taking home leftovers. We're still going to indulge big time, but it's planned for and I'm really looking forward to NOT having to stare down leftover pies and goodies for days afterward.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #119  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have felt "out of sorts" lately. Not binging, but overeating and feeling like a bottomless pit. I'm not terribly stressed about "THE HOLIDAYS" and TOM is late - that could be it.

Will be at my bf's mom's for Thanksgiving. She will probably be cooking with "special" ingredients (if you get what I'm saying) and their tradition is to drink whiskey all day, so I'm sure my appetite will be literally limitless all day. She is an amazing cook and is making multiple turkeys and tons of sides for...six people.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #120  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
I was on a road trip in PA the past few days and not only did I manage to ignore the cheesesteaks, baked soft pretzels and Hershey (OMG) but I also stayed within calories and got in a moderate amount of exercise!
Talking of Hersheys, in one of my local stores they had a 5 pounds Hersheys bar. Can you imagine! My 13 year old son saw it first and was almost drooling I think, lol.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote