Your binge weakness? - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  

Unhappy Your binge weakness?

Mine is chocolate - I was doing so good till...

Today I saw a stack of bars at the checkout
I told myself I would get them for taking to the office as a treat for co-workers or our lounge room.
Obviously I knew I was lying to myself.....
I started eating them in the car..I am so embrassed
By the time I got gas I was through a few..I ate while I pumped gas..by the time I got home only one bar left (originally 6) whole candy bars.
Worst part is I feel SICK
GROSS
LIKE MY STOMACH WILL KILL ME
I FEEL STICKY
SWEET
AND JUST SAD

Why do I lie to myself.."its for the kids.."its for the party.." its for the bbq " i need to keep XYZ around for visitors
anything I buy I eat up so quickly
I feel out of control!
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

It's the same for me. If I'm in the binge mood then anything high calorie, high salt or high sugar can seem appealing. And no matter what I tell myself, I usually eat it all.

I lie to myself saying this stuff is for the entire week, so it's not that much. Or I'll share it with my sister etc.

I felt the same way, completely out of control. To try and stop feeling out of control I would stop eating for days at a time. Then I'd binge afterwards because I was so hungry. I felt horrible and lethargic and ill all the time.

Now I eat healthy foods and I try to eat enough and the binges are getting less frequent and I don't feel that same sense of doom and panic from lack of control.

I've just realised this is a really long post and most of it probably isn't that helpful to you. But if anything just hope you feel better knowing that it is possible to feel control again. I'm not going to pretend I feel in control all of the time and that I never binge anymore. But I am a **** of a lot better than I used to be, and a lot happier for it.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

McDonald's. Not any fast food place but only McDonald's. I always have the same 'binge meal' and even though I know it is bad it is like I am on autopilot the whole time I am driving there, paying for it, driving back, and here shoving each french fry into my mouth AS IF I am even hungry when I am not.

I eat it all and then feel terrible about myself. Rinse and repeat.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I love Nutella with very soft white bread. I could eat that all day long. Obviously, I don't. I highly recommend not buying foods that trigger a binge. The best way I deal with it is by purchasing items that don't particularly appeal to me but they do to others. Ok, maybe they do appeal to me, but they're not like crack to me. For instance, cereal is a huge trigger. Nuts are too, but if I just don't start, I'm ok. However, if there would be donuts in the house, I don't know if I could control myself so something like that is off limits, no matter the occasion (excuse).

To the OP, try to learn from this experience. Remember this sick feeling and tattoo it into your brain. This temptation will occur again but tell yourself something that you think you can remind yourself of next time. For instance, I say a quote to myself that I've read on here: being fat is hard, dieting is hard, pick your hard....something to that effect.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Too much groceries bought. It's weird to me that if I buy lots of groceries I want to eat lots of groceries especially if I end up only buying snacking type foods (mostly healthy). Even too much healthy food is a bad thing. :/

Hanging out with friends. I always tell myself "ok, I'll just try a little bit of the unhealthy food they are having to make myself not feel so out of place" and then I end up eating a full plate of bad food.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Mine is whatever sounds good at the moment. Sometimes it's candy, other times it's chips, or something really bready, like pizza or battered chinese food. The bad part is when I have some of it, suddenly some sweet sounds really good to go with that savory, or vice versa, and then it spirals downhill from there. I end up eating everything. .
Exactly that. Even right now I have such a burning to desire to throw myself into the kitchen and just eat everything in sight, starting with chips and salsa. However, I refuse to let myself even set foot in that room. Once I give into a craving like this one (which differs from the "I'm hungry and I'd like grilled chicken!" cravings in that I am not at all physically hungry now), I'm done for. Some particular foods that usually switch off my self-control are: cheez-its (oh sweet baby Jesus), my mom/grandmother's homemade chex mix, chips, these specific peanut butter vegan cookies, and oftentimes ice cream and pizza.

I have to agree with the posters who said the best thing to do is keep such things out of the house. It is difficult to say no, especially when it comes to impulse buying, but it is always important to remember that a single binge does not define your success in weight loss. It was not one binge that made any of us gain all of the weight, and one binge will not undo all of our hard work.

I hope you feel better soon!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My biggest triggers are chocolate and nuts. If I have chocolate I think "hmm some nuts would go nice with that." If I have nuts I think "wow I could go for chocolate!" I have totally done the "eaten too much sweet crap and then ordered a pizza to balance out the flavors." What a gross and sad habit.

Being tired or constipated are both huge triggers as well. Constipation might be the worst one. "OMG I CAN'T F-ING POOP SO I NEED TO EAT SO MUCH THAT I DO."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #8  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

Pizza and doritos. I just can't stop.
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4''

Ice cream. I cannot say no to its allures. If I didn't worry about my family noticing all the ice cream missing, I could eat the whole container in 1 sitting. Oh I say "All just have a 1/2 cup serving". I know I will have several times that.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #10  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Ooh good question. For me, pizza. Definitely. I don't ever get pizza if it is just me or just a couple people because of the leftovers. I can easily eat a pizza by myself in a couple days by eating it for all meals!
So now I only allow myself one piece and a big salad. But it satisfys me.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #11  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

PIZZA!!!! I can eat so much of it. Oh and waffles with lots of butter and syrup. Basically anything breaded. lol.
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #12  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
My biggest triggers are chocolate and nuts. If I have chocolate I think "hmm some nuts would go nice with that." If I have nuts I think "wow I could go for chocolate!" I have totally done the "eaten too much sweet crap and then ordered a pizza to balance out the flavors." What a gross and sad habit.

Being tired or constipated are both huge triggers as well. Constipation might be the worst one. "OMG I CAN'T F-ING POOP SO I NEED TO EAT SO MUCH THAT I DO."
I have constipation issues as well....I take exlax now. I use to use smooth move laxative tea but it doesnt work if i eat bread or cereal. I have IBS with constipation. You should visit a Gastroenterologist to see if you have it as well.
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Crackers/chips I can't have in the house at all. Sometimes I will buy them for the kids, but I ask DH to take custody of them (he preps the lunches). I love doritos and cheez-its (can't even buy an individual serving of it only, it will trigger a massive, mindless binge) and saltines in particular, but even nasty stuff like weight watchers/diet snacks will be gone, the whole box, if I buy it and open it.

I will eat whatever size container of hummus I've purchased once it's opened. I prefer it with celery and cukes but if those aren't available I'll just eat it with a spoon. I thought I could circumvent that and still have it in the house by buying a costco box with a bunch of individually packaged 2 serving cups--no dice. I ate it all, and cried at seeing tons of little cups in the garbage can.

Easter chocolate (especially the candy-shell mini-eggs); I won't raid the kids' stash BUT any unclaimed I'll just eat and eat and eat the rebought stuff. This year, to help with that I put money in the eggs instead of candy; the kids liked that better than candy and this year was the first year that I did not eat a ton of easter candy from March-May.
tigerchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #14  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
McDonald's. Not any fast food place but only McDonald's. I always have the same 'binge meal' and even though I know it is bad it is like I am on autopilot the whole time I am driving there, paying for it, driving back, and here shoving each french fry into my mouth AS IF I am even hungry when I am not.

I eat it all and then feel terrible about myself. Rinse and repeat.
This is me. I buy the same exact thing each time I am there.

My list is pretty extensive but basically it's anything I can dip. My favorite is scoop chips and I make this valveeta, sausage and salsa dip in my crock pot. I'd also dip those large pasta shells into sauce. I can eat the entire box and down it with half a gallon of whole milk.

I also have issues with Kraft mac & cheese, pizza rolls and basically anything in the frozen food aisle that I can slap sour cream on.

I like threads like this because it reminds me of just how sick my eating habits used to be. But it just triggered a couple cravings!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I could take or leave sweets. I binge with salty foods, Chinese or McDonalds, pizza or burgers. Pasta, tacos. French fries, salty snacks like beef jerky and pretzels and onion dip....
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote