Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question What food is your "binge" trigger?

Is there any specific food that triggers binges for you?

Mine is definitely baked goods like cookies and pastries - got all the main food groups in 'em - sugar, white flour and fat. I was at a client's house on Wed. p.m. catsitting and she left me an invitiation to eat anything I like. I really, really liked the 3 different kinds of cookies she'd left out for me. I liked them so much I felt afterwards and couldn't sleep that night 'cause of the 2 a.m. sugar hangover .

Cookies/pastries/pies/teabiscuits etc. are NOT welcome guests at my house any more. I tried eating the suggested serving on the cookie box for some time but inevitably the rest of the box followed. Now I miss 'em but not so much any more.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Any kind of meat, chicken, beef, pork. It could be roasted, baked, grilled, you name it.

I know it sounds strange but for some reason that's my weakness. Which makes it somewhat difficult b/c they're staples of my diet, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, and very lean cuts of beef. It's a good thing I know it's my weakness so I start talking to myself when I'm in the kitchen with a roast sitting on the counter...lol.

The other helpful thing is that usually with a family of 5 adults, the meat doesn't last more than one day or 2...
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I don't know if they are triggers, but I know I pretty much do my best to avoid:
cookies
peanut butter
hummous

those three things I could really overdose on!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

For me . . .

Chocolate . . . I can make a 100 gram (3.5 ounces) bar last at least 45 to 50 minutes

Ice Cream . . . a serving is a litre (quart) isn't it?

Peanut Butter . . . 1 or 2 tablespoons you say . . . more like 1/2 a cup.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default binge trigger

HI
Mine even has a time frame - the weekends and it is salted vinegar potato chips - can't have them around,
then chocolate fondue is also a very mean trigger food for me as well
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

For me, it's starchy carbs like rice, bread and pasta. I used to live off them, and they kept me on the cravings rollercoaster. Now, I only have white rice in sushi.

I have a whole grain high fibre cereal for breakfast, and only one other starchy carb serving per day most days. And it has to be brown rice, whole grain bread or whole wheat pasta. I have also found the Peak Freans Lifestyle Oat Cranberry and Orange cookies don't trigger my cravings either, but I limit my consumption of those.
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
For me . . .

Chocolate . . . I can make a 100 gram (3.5 ounces) bar last at least 45 to 50 minutes

Ice Cream . . . a serving is a litre (quart) isn't it?

Peanut Butter . . . 1 or 2 tablespoons you say . . . more like 1/2 a cup.
Your servings of these are about the same as mine . The chocolate never lasts that long for me though. I can glom through a Lindt bar in minutes. If there were a chocolate Olympics I bet I'd get at least a silver for speed of eating.

Dagmar

Dagmar
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Most white carbs, sugar, white pasta, potatoes... Some whole wheat breads I think it's the sugar in them, they have a LOT of sugar if you look at the ingredients... I have found a flax bread without sugar or fat, I can eat 3+ slices of it but it doesn't trigger cravings, it's just so darn good....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Most white carbs, sugar, white pasta, potatoes... Some whole wheat breads I think it's the sugar in them, they have a LOT of sugar if you look at the ingredients... I have found a flax bread without sugar or fat, I can eat 3+ slices of it but it doesn't trigger cravings, it's just so darn good....
Is the flax bread available province wide? I'd like to try it if it is and you don't mind giving me the name.

thanks
Dagmar
Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/135/140

It's not really food that triggers a binge for me it's a situation. Boredom and being around certain people.
AmandaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar, this bakery is called "Première Moisson" (translation=First Harvest) and there are only bakeries in Québec although there is one store in Cornwall selling it and Costco in Québec sells it too... Here is a review It is sooooo good
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #12  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Mine would be...pasta, sugar, any kind of baked goods and soft pretzels!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #13  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

ice cream
cookies
cheese

are 3 things that have wooed me to the darkside. Not sure about them being triggers but let's just say they don't stand a chance around me
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Eating anything after supper for a snack is my weakness. I love pasta though. I almost always go back for seconds.
justdoit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #15  
Mum to 4 noisy lads!

Hi. Mine would be raspberry licorice - if the stuff is around, I will eat it - and then it is downhill from there. I used to be addicted to Raspberry Bullets but had hynosis - yes, you read it right - to get rid of that craving. I am the biggest sceptic but I havent had a raspberry bullet *(which is different from raspberry licorice) since. Cheers, Kerrie
Downunder Mum is offline   Reply With Quote