Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #46  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 9 today! I failed at mission "eat more fat" at dinnertime but had salmon cooked in a generous amount of oil and 6 servings of vegetables, no junk food. I usually eat my biggest meal at lunch unless I'm going out like I am tonight to the mall.

The adrenal vs. thyroid type information is interesting. I took the quiz jendiet posted on another thread and I'm 100% thyroid, I never crave salty things, just sugar and carbs.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

On plan again today...Sunday was my only slip up...ate about 2700 cals total because we got pizza and wings. I didn't overdo them terribly, but I already had about 800 for the total beforehand.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Day 1.

I'm already feeling TONS better today. My weight went back down to 154.5 finally. Maybe today the bloating is not so bad. Yesterday was so frustrating and it was like JenDiet said, I was aggravated by my weight not going down too by this time of the month. I should be in the 140's by now. I am probably not giving my diet enough time to sink in. Vixsin, I do believe that my diet when I was skinny was under 1400 cals every day. I don't know why, but I have always eaten that way. Some days would be 1000 cals. I guess I had a slow metabolism my whole life, and it's hard to make it work faster now with exercise and more cals. Maybe that's why I keep gaining weight, my metabolism hasn't adjusted to the higher cals.

As long as I don't look 3 months pregnant today, I should be fine emotionally. And binging won't happen since last night I've thrown the rest of the chocolate, bread, and goldfish crakers in the trash. I even had to spray it with hairspray, something I never do, but had to make sure just in case I went crazy again. So that's something to be happy about, that I quickly trashed the food mid-binging!

Ladies, I really want to make it through this week and an addditional week and see weight loss. That way, I know that my weight loss stall was due to the binging and nothing more serious like thryoid or metabolism issues.

I hope this works!
Beila, I suspect that with all your fiber intake, it is simply water retention-fiber can cause a ton of it, before it flushes out-and that can take so long. Even when I pooed, I still felt bloated for a long time when I had a ton of fiber. Either take a diurex or drink tons of water and wait if you do not want to decrease your fiber intake. I don't think that you should be gaining weight-not real weight-because you aren't eating an excess of 3,500 cals. It is probably bloat.
I watched way too many weight documentaries over the weekend and while people can have slow metabolism, it is very very rare. Funny thing is that when people were told that nope their metabolisms were normal, they were annoyed, but this is a good thing to have a normal metabolism-otherwise, the goal would be even harder to attain. Either tends to be due to eating foods that make them retain water, or they are eating enough to maintain or gain and do not know it or all of that at the same time.
When I first lost weight 3 yrs ago, I thought that I was doing it on 1200 cals a day, but nope, it was more than that because I did not realize how many cals the pretzels I was eating were.
Looking at your diet-the cheese, pasta (especially whole grain), broccoli, and onions would all give me gas. It is likely that you are slowly losing because there is a calorie deficit, but you aren't seeing it because of the gas.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #49  

Oh and Beila, it is highly likely that increasing your calorie intake to maybe 2000-2500 for 1 or 2 days with lower sodium-dont worry, that still will not cause even 1 lb of weight gain-because it is not nearly 3500 excess cals (but not cutting sodium out 100%, because that would also cause water retention). Not because it will cause your body to burn more (it is believed by some that when you decrease your cals, your body maintains at these cals because the metabolism lowers so much-but the rate that your metabolism lowers is smaller than we think, at least from studies that I checked out-your body is still burning at a deficit), but because your scale probably is not budging due to your cells retaining water from such a big calorie deficit for a long time.

That starvation mode study-those men STILL lost weight and went through a more severe regimen than any dieters because they were strictly watched. At first, they lost weight at a steady rate, but then found that they would lose weight in spurts-not because their bodies were burning at random intervals, or because they were no longer losing weight-but because their cells started holding onto water (I believe that it is because the body increases cortisol due to the stress, which increases water retention-but NOT fat weight, just water weight) as they continued eating so little. They had 1 day a week big eating days, and then they would see a big flush in weight because their cells released the water. That is probably a good reason why so many diets call for "cheat" days-not just for the mental sake of the dieter, but because it helps with the water retention.

Last edited by pixelllate; 06-28-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 130/125/119

Height: 5'4

day 9!
ivey03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 AM   #51  

Just finished up Day 5 today! I'm going to bed and am absolutely pooped, so I'll try and do some personals tomorrow.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #52  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 31.....I am excited and nervous....

Yesterday, I was so exhausted after 13 hours of school but it was good.....I have a night class tonight as well as clients....

I think I need to eat more as my body is craving at night, I eat frequently during the day but I need more energy on my crazy days.....I came back after class last night and had two 60cal yogurts and was still hungry, so I had a handful of wheat tins and a laughing cow, drank water and brushed my teeth lol....it was good...

I can't believe it is almost July, where did the month go?
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #53  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

PS...anyone tried or like the 5 hour energy or would recommend something like that?
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Day 9 today! I failed at mission "eat more fat" at dinnertime but had salmon cooked in a generous amount of oil and 6 servings of vegetables, no junk food. I usually eat my biggest meal at lunch unless I'm going out like I am tonight to the mall.

The adrenal vs. thyroid type information is interesting. I took the quiz jendiet posted on another thread and I'm 100% thyroid, I never crave salty things, just sugar and carbs.
What is this? I would like to take this quiz. Can you send me the link?
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Beila, I suspect that with all your fiber intake, it is simply water retention-fiber can cause a ton of it, before it flushes out-and that can take so long. Even when I pooed, I still felt bloated for a long time when I had a ton of fiber. Either take a diurex or drink tons of water and wait if you do not want to decrease your fiber intake. I don't think that you should be gaining weight-not real weight-because you aren't eating an excess of 3,500 cals. It is probably bloat.
I watched way too many weight documentaries over the weekend and while people can have slow metabolism, it is very very rare. Funny thing is that when people were told that nope their metabolisms were normal, they were annoyed, but this is a good thing to have a normal metabolism-otherwise, the goal would be even harder to attain. Either tends to be due to eating foods that make them retain water, or they are eating enough to maintain or gain and do not know it or all of that at the same time.
When I first lost weight 3 yrs ago, I thought that I was doing it on 1200 cals a day, but nope, it was more than that because I did not realize how many cals the pretzels I was eating were.
Looking at your diet-the cheese, pasta (especially whole grain), broccoli, and onions would all give me gas. It is likely that you are slowly losing because there is a calorie deficit, but you aren't seeing it because of the gas.
What documentaries did you watch? Sounds interesting!

I think mine is slow due to some medical reason, maybe my diet is bad? I don't know. I can show you what I eat on MyFitnessPal if you are a member. It's pretty healthy. All of my friends tell me how healthy I eat.

I dont' think I'm in starvation mode. I think I'm in maintenence mode, but my body thinks I'm normal, even though I want to be thinner.

155-157 has been the highest weight in my life.

I don't know
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post

Beila: Hang in there, love. You're doing great. TOM is the worst!!! I used to have some pretty severe swings around that time too. Weight-wise, mood-wise..all of it. Your journal looks so great! I love all of the clean foods that you're eating. I'd love to chat about it. I use myfitnesspal also and it!!! LOL You should be very proud of yourself for being conscious of those things. You should also be very proud of yourself that you're here with all of us. We ALL know what you're feeling. This is the time to pick up and keep trudging ahead.
Thanks! TOM is almost over! I feel so much better after a good day of eating on plan and just a bit under my cal limit. Didn't exercise yesterday though. But I did manage to keep the bloating away with a large coffee, and fruits and water.

Btw, looking good in your new picture!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #57  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
What documentaries did you watch? Sounds interesting!

I think mine is slow due to some medical reason, maybe my diet is bad? I don't know. I can show you what I eat on MyFitnessPal if you are a member. It's pretty healthy. All of my friends tell me how healthy I eat.

I dont' think I'm in starvation mode. I think I'm in maintenence mode, but my body thinks I'm normal, even though I want to be thinner.

155-157 has been the highest weight in my life.

I don't know
IDK if you read both of my replies to you Beila-I feel like we are having communication issues lol- but as I stated before-broccoli, onions etc they are NOT unhealthy-they are good for you and will help with weight loss in the long run. However, they do cause gas and bloat and may keep you from seeing results, even if they make you regular.

I know that you are not in starvation mode, but looking at your weight and height, I doubt that with such few cals you are at maintenance-if you take into account your resting metabolism and the amount of energy it takes to even do normal things, 1400-1500 cals will still cause a deficit. You simply either need to eat vegetables do not cause gas for awhile OR take diurex OR eat more for a couple days-like 2000 cals so your body can let go of water it is clinging onto because you have been eating so little for so long

OR just simply accept the bloated weight (not fat weight) on the scale.

Plus the water retention from the binging may last a few days or more.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
IDK if you read both of my replies to you Beila-I feel like we are having communication issues lol- but as I stated before-broccoli, onions etc they are NOT unhealthy-they are good for you and will help with weight loss in the long run. However, they do cause gas and bloat and may keep you from seeing results, even if they make you regular.

I know that you are not in starvation mode, but looking at your weight and height, I doubt that with such few cals you are at maintenance-if you take into account your resting metabolism and the amount of energy it takes to even do normal things, 1400-1500 cals will still cause a deficit. You simply either need to eat vegetables do not cause gas for awhile OR take diurex OR eat more for a couple days-like 2000 cals so your body can let go of water it is clinging onto because you have been eating so little for so long

OR just simply accept the bloated weight (not fat weight) on the scale.

Plus the water retention from the binging may last a few days or more.
Thanks Pixellate! No I understood what you were telling me. I was just letting you know that I eat healthy, not debating what you said. What you said makes sense though. The binging, the water, the cals, and bloating. Thanks for the advice! I'll consider all of those things

Also, and I think many of you will like to hear this...

Some research study was done to show that when there is stalled weight loss, sometimes what might be happening physiologically is that the fat cells are holding onto more water as they "shrink". In other words, the fat cells are shrinking, but then also replace the contents of the fat cells with water. So the people in the study would lose weight quickly (in pounds) when actually their body fat percentage stayed the same.

If i find the article again, I'll post here.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

beila, i thought you knew where the link was?

here is a link: http://www.findyourbodytype.com/body_type_quiz.php

also here is some useful information to go with the quiz, sample menus and recommendations:

http://www.weightlosscentral.org/die...type-diet.aspx
http://www.healthynewage.com/type3.html
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/ (there are some "tests" on here, but i'm not sure of their validity. I definitely have the whacky pupil response though)

ok, well i am sick. I might have been really craving salt yesterday because my adrenals were sensing the onslaught. Today I want to bury myself in salty soups and herbal teas.

I have a small assignment due tonight (By the way desires 13 HOURS OF SCHOOL OH MY!) and the baby is fussy, and I have a sore throat and body aches.

I made split pea and lentil with ham soup for dinner with yankee-style corn muffins. I need to limit my intake of the soup and watch the corn muffins.

I already had a small serving of each because my SO NEVER comes home from work right away, he always has several stop overs--and IT'S so irritating that I just want to eat ALL THE DINNER to show him that is what he gets for taking my cooking skills and availability FOR GRANTED. Any body else want to eat all of their so's food by themselves as a way to punish them? Bad thinking. you got it.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote