Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #91  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 32! Annnnnnd just one pound away from my first mini goal of -20lbs!! eeeee!!!!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #92  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 7 yawn thinking of an afternoon nap
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

WOW! It looks like most of us here have had a good week! I'm so happy to see that! I feel like this thread is very helpful to us all. Keep checking back here and remember all that we go through, we're not alone, and we can fight this battle!

I've been doing more yoga lately, and have noticed that I feel so much better after a hard workout. I feel like yoga puts me in a good mood, and prevents me from wanting bad food. Last night I did about 50 min on stairclimber, then 1.5 hours yoga, and afterwards had dinner at a RAW / vegan restaurant, had 1 raw chocolate bon bon, and no cravings for any other food. I avoided my sugar cravings at night with a bowl of fruit, and just watched my movie which helped me sleep and have a good night's rest.

If you like yoga, try doing it more often and near the time you would normally binge. It's a great way to remove the anxiety from that time of day. It also removes the anxiety / stress from a hard workout.

Here's the last of Bethenny's rules from Skinny Girl. Enjoy!

Rules 8, 9, and 10:
8) Know thyself (know your trigger foods).
9) Get real (eat more whole foods and fewer processed ones).
10) Good for you (make peace with food).

The above really helped me not binge. I have really figured out what are my trigger foods, and stay away from them. I have analyzed my past food binges and near binges, and knowing myself was a huge part of it. I have to understand that I am weak and emotional at times, and during those times, I try to stay away from triggers. I just don't buy them now, and I only have a bite or get single servings of them. When i'm at the store, I catch myself if it's in my shopping cart, and remove it and put it back on the checkout shelves. I do see myself getting stuff like chocolate, pretzels, and other foods that I would like to enjoy, but are my triggers, so I quickly scan my food before the checkout, and be "real" and make sure nothing in my basket is processed foods. Making peace with food to me means having a healthy relationship with food. I can't make food the enemy. I am responsible for whatever goes into my mouth. So if I blame food, I really end up blaming myself later, which is not good, cause then I punish myself with restricting, feeling guilty with weight gain, and having to exercise more. I just make food a way to live, to survive, and have proper nutrition. So now I just eat healthy stuff.

------

I'm really hoping we finish strong today and start another great week and do well then. Don't give in to binging. End binging for good!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boys View Post
Day 32! Annnnnnd just one pound away from my first mini goal of -20lbs!! eeeee!!!!!
That's awesome! Congrats! Just 1 more lb!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
Thanks Beila and Ncuneo for the kind words and advice.
So far Day 5 is going well and I'm feeling pretty determined to see it through.
Ncuneo, I think you're probably right about the scales. I was actually thinking along those lines on the way to the gym this morning. I'm obsessed with the number again like I was a while back, and it sucks as it is dictating my mood for the day again. I'm just so scared that if I stop weighing the number is going to keep going up, even if I don't binge...
I know my focus for now needs to be on not binging, I just don't know how to remove the fear of those numbers carrying on rising...
If you don't binge, believe me, the weight WILL go down. It sometimes takes 2 weeks, or a month to see the numbers go down, but it WILL! Trust me. I have been at it for months now. I notice that when I binge, the metabolism gets out of whack, and no matter how much I exercise, and still eat right, it's hard to lose weight. But after 2 weeks or so of repetitive consective days of eating normal and exercise, the weight comes off. It may only be 1 lb at first, but then keep going at it, and 2 lbs, and then more if you keep up the routine. My metabolism seems to reset at the smaller weight, so I just increase the exercise, and keep eating normal. Just no sugar, no refined carbs, maybe occasionally have a treat (every other day, or few days) so that you can keep your sanity, and the weight will drop. If you keep weighing yourself with expectations, that will make you feel upset, so either stop weighing yourself, or don't build high expectations about the number. Just go week by week, maybe start keep a record so you can see the numbers drop week to week. Pick a day of the week. I weigh-in Wed/Thurs and when the numbers drop, I get happy and push harder on Mondays/Tuesdays in hopes of more weight loss for my Wed/Thur weigh-in. Of course, I also weigh myself every day, just to make sure I'm on track, but I fluctuate from 2-3 pounds every day, and I expect that. It just slowly moves down every day though. Also, maybe try to set up realisitc mini goals of 1-2 lbs per week. Imagine, in 1 month, you'll be up to 8lbs down!

I hope you find something that will work in terms of weight tracking.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Day 5 is over and I resisted the urge for TCBY earlier on a gorgeous, hot, Saturday!

Geaux Me
Awesome! Yeah, for these hot days, I'm freezing cherry juice for juice "pops". Also I'm thinking of making smothies with greek yogurt and frozen berries and freezing those too for "fake ice cream". Ice Fream. LOL
Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #97  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Made it through day 6 (yesterday) and I know I am going to make it through day 7 because I am just feeling awesome today! I am so proud of myself for making it through the weekend and not blowing it at any point! I didn't even over drink, I just had a single drink on Friday and Saturday nights. I had a wonderful workout last night which just put a nice big bow on the weekend. I highly recommend the "walk at home" series of videos to everyone they are so much fun and surprisingly a great workout.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #98  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 9. Went over on calories a bit yesterday, but still haven't binged.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #99  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

34!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #100  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Just got back from my trip. The trip itself was epic, but my eating was... less epic, to say the least.

Had a couple smaller than normal binges, mostly toward the end of the trip, and one huge one after I drank way too much. I think part of it was that I got SO tired of eating snacky things like carrot sticks and refried beans so much that I snapped. But I could cook nothing, and we didn't eat out ever. -sigh-

So, now I'm starting again. Today is day 1. My first goal is to make it 7 days without binging at all.

I'm going to try focusing on good foods. I may track my food, but I'm not going to calorie count right now. I'm also going to weigh in once a week or so. I like knowing what I weigh and calorie counting, but I think I need to distance myself from all the numbers right now. It's making me stressed because I've not been doing well.

Hope everyone's last couple weeks have been going well!

Here we go again...

Last edited by LiannaKole; 06-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote