Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Default 1st time

While I have admitted to myself and my sister that I might/probably have a food issue I have never reached out for help. Having just finished a Hardee's burger, a pint of B and J ice cream, a bag of chips and a candy bar I feel terrible. My stomach hurts and the guilt has arrived. It occurs to me that not only do I need help but that the internet might have an answer for me. Enter 3 Fat Chicks. I hope you can help me.

I looked up OA and think I might try an online meeting also. I know me and I know I will need support. I am my own worst enemy.

I am overweight and have been since I was in my 20s. I am over 40 now. I am under 200 lbs thanks to exercise. Not a lot of exercise- just enough to keep me under 200.

So in a nut shell that's why I am here.

Thanks in advance for any support or help you have to offer.

eulila
eulila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #2  
hee haw

S/C/G: 182/173.6/120

Height: 5'2"

I also have issues with overeating and making unhealthy food choices. One thing that works for me when I am having uncontrollable thoughts of food and eating is to workout. Throughout the workout I may still be thinking about food but usually at the end I am over it but sometimes it still ends in a binge : (

Best of luck to you.
torta del burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #3  
*** kicker

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5'6"

I just realized about a month ago that I binge eat, not just over eat. It's nice to have these message boards so that we can feel like we have support 24/7...and if nothing else it's a distraction from eating when we type!!!
HappiestMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

I definitely think maybe finding an online OA meeting would be helpful. I myself have been thinking about attending a meeting in person, because it would be kind of amazing to be face to face with people who can actually understand where I'm coming from. I had an epiphany last night.. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have always kind of thought that everybody deals with the same issues with food that I do, they just are able to deal with it way better than me. I know that's irrational, but for some reason I still thought that, and I thought I was just weak. Now I know that that's wrong. Not everybody has these issues, some people have just a way easier time dealing with food and don't use it as a coping mechanism for anything, but we are different. I am different, anyway. So we're going to have different struggles, and normal eating people can't ever really understand them.

So anyway, I feel like you are very brave for even admitting to yourself that you have this problem because it is not one that is very much sympathized with. It is NOT an issue of not having self control, as some might think. And you are also brave for wanting help, wanting to fight it.
I wish you the best of luck. I'm curious to hear if you do an online meeting, I'd like to know what that's like.
-Teff
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone- I appreciate everything you've said. It is a tough thing to admit. I hope I can get it under control.

Take care and good luck!

eulila
eulila is offline   Reply With Quote