Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Default Can't stop fantasizing about food

I have kept the binging in check for 9 days now, but deep down there is always a part of me that thinks "man it would be SO easy to just give in and binge right now." That underlying thought is there almost every minute of every day. I have tried many different diets/approaches but i feel like nothing will ever make that go away. In fact, sometimes my motivation for dieting is, i think to myself, "when i reach my goal weight, i can eat a huge serving of cookies/cakes/anything sugary (my downfall) and i won't feel guilty about it because i've reached my goal." i mean, really, i know this kind of thinking is not healthy!!! But i can't stop it. And i'm not depriving myself. I allow myself some treats every day. I've also tried cutting sugar entirely. Neither approach has worked. Either way, i am constantly thinking about how much i would enjoy a sugar binge
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/133/125

Height: 5'6

Sadly, I think the same way. I keep thinking about what I'm going to eat once I reach my goal. In a way, that's what keeps me going. I know with this mentality I'm going to gain it all back. Not sure how to get past this thinking. I also allow myself a treat everyday but it doesn't seem to be enough.
Kimberley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you might need to keep busier? When I'm bored my mind travels to thoughts of food- it's TERRIBLE!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #4  

Kimberley--so glad i am not alone.

Beerab...yes, these thoughts do tend to go away when i'm busy doing something i enjoy. My job is kind of boring though, so i find myself thinking about food 8-5 M-F

I am feeling particularly down today. Hopefully it's just PMS. The feeling never goes away though...it will subside a little but i'll ALWAYS wish i could eat with abandon. I guess it really is an addiction. i feel like i'll NEVER have a normal relationship with food.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Right now I am thinking about the M&M's sitting in a candy dispenser in my coworker's office. She is on vacation this week and her office is locked. I just want a tiny handful! I get into these moods where I think about all the things I can't eat and then obsess about it. The moment eventually passes but it's torture until it does.

Like the poster above, I keep thinking about what I am going to eat when I get to goal. In fact, I want to be 1 pound under my goal so I can gorge on it all.

OK, time to chew on yet another piece of gum. *sigh*
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  

It is an uphill battle. Seriously i wish i could just binge right now.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

I just want to say congratulations on 9 days binge-free! That's a feat in itself. I am wondering, you said that you tried cutting sugar out and that didn't work either... how long did you stay away from sugar? I'm just asking because I've thought of trying that too and I don't know how long I should give it.
...fantasizing about a binge feels like fantasizing about shooting up heroin (not that I've ever done that, but just illustrates how much of an addiction it has turned into). I feel your pain!
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #8  

Teff...i would encourage to you try it, because it works for many other people. In my case, i didn't try to restrict calories when i cut out sugar, because that would have just been too hard. So instead, i allowed myself to eat as many whole foods (such as cheese, meat, veggies, nuts) as i wanted. So every time i'd have a sugar craving, i'd reach for nuts, or whatever. I ended up overeating that way, because i'd constantly want sugar and feed myself with something else. I don't know if i just lacked discipline, or what. I tried it for probably 9 months, and didn't lose any weight--just overate too much.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #9  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I dreamt last night that I ate a whole box of chocolates- and then didn't tell anyone. I woke up feeling SOOO guilty- then I realized that at least I'd only dreamed the offense.

It is seriously an uphill battle every day to get over these hurdles... but you know, it gets a teeny tiny bit easier each day you go.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/330/230

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats on 9 days binge free! I feel ya, I am always fantasizing about food as well. I don't want to sound negative but I am not sure if that will ever go away. However, there is a difference between giving into that fantasy, and saying, Ok yeah I am thinking about food, what can I do to keep away from it.
JadestoneDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

ditto above! congrats on 9 days!!
are you nearing your time of month? i notice that when i get those crazy urges, they coincide with PMS!! those damn hormones!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

9 days is great! I hope I can get there.

Sugar is the devil and I am still ever so slightly dependent on it. I have at least 400-500 calories of desserts/sugary sh!t a day still, and it's getting harder, not easier, to prevent from going totally binge monster on it. Maybe another sugar detox would be a good idea for you? After a week sometimes you think "hm, I could go one more day."

Binge fantasies are the worst. Sadly some of the most euphoric feelings I've experienced in the past few months involved shopping for binge food.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaella View Post
ditto above! congrats on 9 days!!
are you nearing your time of month? i notice that when i get those crazy urges, they coincide with PMS!! those damn hormones!
Yes, i am. Ugh thank god that feeling passed. I was kind of panicking when i started this thread because i had eaten so much so early in the day. But i made it through this day with 2000 calories (my plan). I mean...not that i couldn't go for a binge right now...but the strong urge has passed, thank god.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Binge fantasies are the worst. Sadly some of the most euphoric feelings I've experienced in the past few months involved shopping for binge food.
Ohhh my goodness, I totally agree with this. I think that a binge eater thinking about binging would show about the same brain activity as a drug addict thinking about doing drugs. Something to do with dopamine (I know I've read a bunch of stuff about this but it is too science-y to be able to repeat it lol)
The euphoric feeling of anticipation before a binge, and the feeling of reckless abandon and calmness and lack of pretty much any other emotion when you are mid-binge. And then the desire to just keep binging and binging because you can't stand it to end, especially because once it does end, you know you're going to feel like crap. And then feeling like crap, maybe the next day, you start feeling like... Hmm, I know how to feel better. And then you think about binging again and the vicious cycle continues.
At least that's how it is for me ^^; I didn't mean to go on a rant.

Anyway, surfergirl, glad the urge passed Congrats.
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

man you think with all the medication these pharma companies come out with, they would have something out already to control over eating during that time of month!!!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote