3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 1.31.11 - 2.6.11: Let's stick together!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/224272-binge-free-challenge-1-31-11-2-6-11-lets-stick-together.html)

LLBoldAsLove87 02-01-2011 05:02 PM

Hey guys!

I'm currently waging a war with a bowl of M&Ms in my kitchen (my roommate thinks its cute to have candy out). Last night I grabbed a handful when I got up to get a glass of water - at FOUR AM! It was such an inappropriate time to eat candy that, despite the small amount, I'm considering it a "binge" and have been beating myself up about it all day.

Violin Jenn 02-01-2011 08:14 PM

Today is day 1 binge free!:dancer:

I really feel like I need something to eat, but that'll mean going over my cals for the day. Since I've gone all day with out a binge or unhealthy foods, I'll continue the momentum, fight the urges and have a cuppa raspberry green tea.:coffee:

The weekday will be the easy days, the weekends with the down times will be difficult.

spingirl9 02-01-2011 09:47 PM

Completed day 18 today! I ate what I had planned thru lunch, and then I was tempted to mix things up for my afternoon snack. It is so tempting for me to use food as entertainment during my work afternoons, which is so inappropriate! bUT no bingeing, so another win on that front. The rest will come with time I hope.

Great job everyone! Fruit lady: great job avoiding the binge monster. I hate those days when the scale is not a friend. But I am sure that it is not a real gain -- there is no way! Ivey: good job on resisting the urge to overeat even when starving. That is the toughest time for me. Sarah: contests for resisting the snickers bar! Crazy: I agree with you on how binging can become habit. I used to follow that same once every 2-3 week pattern .... It can totally feel normal, even though we know that it is anything but!

fatmac 02-02-2011 05:22 AM

Today is day 2.

tamara72 02-02-2011 07:19 AM

day 19 today and feeling a little stronger than past few days.
fauxtini and tarte ; welcome and good luck with your first few days.
sarahinbalance ; congrats on resisting the snickers and reminding yourself that it never makes you feel better.
spingirl ; wow 18 days and staying strong and positive!

paris81 02-02-2011 09:24 AM

265--100 days to a full year!

Today, I'm feeling confident that I'll make it. Tomorrow though is another story!

Vixsin 02-02-2011 09:54 AM

116!!

krampus 02-02-2011 10:15 AM

Day 4 of no candy completed. Had some white rice and felt so guilty about it that I did a compensatory/punitive workout. I feel like a psycho but this has been the most awful fat day.

SarahinBalance 02-02-2011 11:35 AM

Day 16 - I have been feeling SO weird this week. Depressed, weather sucks... this AM woke up to the power being off and was a little freaked out trying to find flashlight, get candles lit etc. - Then went to head off to the gym of course to realize that the garage wouldn't open (auto-door opener) - Managed to eventually make it to the gym for a 3 mile jog on the treadmill - Feeling anxious about having dinner with friends tonight where I know that wine and good food will be involved - I haven't had any alcohol this year in an attempt to support my weight loss but the plan was to ease back into it in February (I also thought that most of my weight would be off by now and that is definitely not the case) So going into tonight, wanting to make sure I have enough calories saved up to enjoy the meal...

Not at all feeling confident about anything right now - Broke down crying and said a huge prayer with my fiance this AM because I'm feeling SO funky, SO dejected, and yet, even though our power is off, we have a home. Even though our fridge is off, we have food in it - Even though my clothes are too tight, I have clothes - So much to be grateful for yet I find myself wallowing in petty cares....

Human nature?

Krampus - Totally understand, but white rice is much better than candy :) good job!

Tamara, Paris, Vixsin - Great job on the numbers, 1 day at a time, making it easier and easier to resist :)

Mac - Each day is a victory! We can't control yesterday or tomorrow, but can control today :)

mountain mama 02-02-2011 12:06 PM

Well.. I completed day 1!
My bf is being so super supportive! He's eating what I eat and helping more with the baby and around the house so i can work out and everything. He was gonna put his evening snack away last night cause he knew i couldnt partake.. but i told him to sit back and enjoy it. Hes great. :)

Sarah: I understand where you are coming from. It's easy to lose perspective sometimes... I'm glad you took the time to find things you were grateful for and stuff.. It's def hard to do sometimes.. especially if you arn't feeling so hot. I hope things look up for you soon.. and congrats on over 2 weeks binge free!

Paris: 100 days left! you rock!

Tamara: 1 day left to the big 2-0!

ivey03 02-02-2011 01:17 PM

Day 5 today for me.
I agree with Sarah about this weather situation! I'm not up North where all the snow is, but down here in the South we have gone from 30 degree days on Monday and yesterday to 70 degrees today! Its giving me a major sinus headache and throwing my emotions all out of whack. One day Im cold and depressed, the next day I feel like Snow White coming out to greet all the little animals and sunshine and what not.
Congrats Spingirl on sticking to the same snacks! You're taking the desirability away from food, which, I find, makes eat easier to eat a proper portion and not binge.
So, Although I made it through yesterday, I found myself having a major self-control issue w/ nuts. In the past nuts have never been a problem for me, but now I can't seem to stop popping them!I think someone else was mentioned a problem similar to mine - when a food that never used to set you off has now begun to do so.

leblebi 02-02-2011 01:29 PM

Day 3 and going strong...
KRAMPUS: I am just like you when it comes to peanut butter. i cannot have just a little bit. I have never met anyone as obssessed as I am with PB. Oh how I love thee PB.

Eurydice 02-02-2011 01:40 PM

fruitlady, great job on avoiding a binge. Good tactic.

I missed posting yesterday, but it was day 28, i.e., four weeks binge-free! :carrot: Today will be day 29, assuming I don't binge (and I won't). I still get the urge to every day. However, the volume's been turned down. It's like, "Yeah, yeah, I want to binge, what else is new?" Sometimes it's still hard, but repeatedly avoiding it has made it so much...not easier, but I guess more routine? I take it for granted now that, when faced with the two options--eat a ton more food, or don't--I'll pick the lesser of two evils.

Food choices haven't been good. Depression and anxiety are up, triggered by school-related stress. Makes it a lot harder to care about or even remember the fact that I'm trying to not, you know, choose donuts for breakfast (like I did this morning...). :/

ivey03 02-02-2011 02:29 PM

Eurydice - a month straight of no binging is NOT an easy feat. It is absolutely something to be proud of! I know depression tends to feed this apathetic attitude, but you will feel so much worse if you give in and binge! I have definitely become pawn to that vicious cycle.
Stick to it, don't give up! You are a major inspiration to all of us ladies who haven't even made it through week one

fruitlady 02-02-2011 06:17 PM

Thanks to all!

Day 16- still fighting this craving for junk I've had for 2 days. Foods with hubby, so I will make it.