Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 1.31.11 - 2.6.11: Let's stick together!!!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #2  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Today is my Day 114! This thread is what got me started. The support you receive here really does work.

I encourage ALL new folks to post. Talking it out helps. We've all been there before and needed to reach out. You will find what you seek here.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #3  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I'm in

Do have a bad food addiction and prone to binging..
Trying to lose weight now and surprised how well I'm doin so far
I didn't weigh the first week I started but I think I lost 9-10 lbs now, am @ 249..every day REALLY is a huge struggle.. Keep staring at certain foods wondering if I should just give in etc evenings are hardest. Last two nights esp..hard to fight so hard, manage to not give in some how..I drank full bottle of water then a bit of diet coke which seem to help from grabbing the candy and popped a couple mints in my mouth ..
Gawd keep wonderin "when" will I give in..but I'm tryin not to think that way..I talk to myself more now than I ever did lol ill be standing in front of the cupboards and remind myself what will happen if I eat, how horrible ill feel etc how good I'm doin now, and every day foward will only get better etc
Seriously the self talk works more than I ever believed...I was always told that in past but never really bothered to try over and over etc

I'm agoraphobic and have noooo choice but to get better..my son will be goin to school in sept and its on me to get him there etc, I can't be stuck inside anymore
I have to keep fighting w myself reminding myself all the benifits from doing this

I already feel a difference in how I feel physically from the food changes

Much love to you all, we can do this!

Last edited by alsten02; 01-31-2011 at 09:52 AM.
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

263!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

Hello!
I am so glad to have found this place! I am a binge eater too and suffer from OCD and anxiety issues. I am starting today with eating healthy and trying NOT to binge. So today is day one!
erialicia2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #6  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

Today will be day 4.
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #7  

Finished Day 1 yesterday, onto Day 2 today! It was very bizarre last night because I wanted to binge SO BADLY. I resisted and decided to go to bed instead of eating a snack, but I had a horrible period of straight anxiety. I was so anxious because I wasn't eating some comforting food and at the time I was battling between "this is worth it; I need to lose weight" and "this awful feeling isn't worth it". It almost felt like if I didn't binge, something bad was going to happen to me! Has anybody else experienced this or am I just truly bizarre?

P.S. I am so glad I pulled through it today, but it was just AWFUL last night laying in bed feeling so anxious.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

I haven't even completed day 1 but am feeling good. Today is the first day of a long and happy life with good eating habits...I do have one confession: other than my usual half 'n' half in my coffees, I haven't yet eaten anything. No, I am not being extreme -- I literally cannot stand the thought of food right now after the bingeing weekend I had. I am still so uncomfortably full I have no idea how I will go to the gym today. I still have 5 hours to digest...and, when and if I get hungry at work, I have my snacks: apple, mozarella/cheddar swirl cheese stick and a handful of almonds.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloekinsicle View Post
Finished Day 1 yesterday, onto Day 2 today! It was very bizarre last night because I wanted to binge SO BADLY. I resisted and decided to go to bed instead of eating a snack, but I had a horrible period of straight anxiety. I was so anxious because I wasn't eating some comforting food and at the time I was battling between "this is worth it; I need to lose weight" and "this awful feeling isn't worth it". It almost felt like if I didn't binge, something bad was going to happen to me! Has anybody else experienced this or am I just truly bizarre?

P.S. I am so glad I pulled through it today, but it was just AWFUL last night laying in bed feeling so anxious.
I can totally relate to this! If I feel hungry or the need to binge I panic if I don't. Weird huh? I sit and try to ask myself what do I really need besides food, and all i can think of is food makes me feel numb.
erialicia2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Today is Day 14 - I did some overeating yesterday, but honestly did pretty well all weekend long - Was convinced that i would give in this weekend and binge, but I didn't! So this is a success - I'm wearing jeans today that HAD been too tight (today they fit pretty well). So moving forward.

I have this weird habit I've started where I'll want 2 bowls of cereal instead of 1 in the AM - I know it's an emotional eating of sorts - Today I had 2 bowls and then wasn't hungry for lunch until 2PM (wasn't even THAT hungry, but knew I needed to eat). I think it's partly because I love the blueberry/soy milk combo that I put on my cereal and just want more? I've been trying to justify it with "Breakfast like a king...."

Anyone else have problems controlling bfast portions?
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

well done spingirl you doing great!! nearly completed 17 days binge free just bath then bed and day 18 to look forward to. thought it would be getting easier but seems to be getting more difficult as the days go on. stress at work is intense at the minute but visiting this thread is helping so much so hopefully will be able to continue without giving up like i usually do. got a couple of days off work now so will try to keep myself occupied and out of the fridge!!
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahinBalance View Post
I have this weird habit I've started where I'll want 2 bowls of cereal instead of 1 in the AM - I know it's an emotional eating of sorts - Today I had 2 bowls and then wasn't hungry for lunch until 2PM (wasn't even THAT hungry, but knew I needed to eat). I think it's partly because I love the blueberry/soy milk combo that I put on my cereal and just want more? I've been trying to justify it with "Breakfast like a king...."

Yessss. Especially with cereal. I'm not sure why, exactly. It's actually sort of funny, in a messed up way--a few years ago, when I first started binging on a regular basis, my breakfasts started getting bigger. Instead of just an omelet and a cup of coffee with cream, I would have an omelet and a cup of coffee and a banana. No big deal, right? Then I expanded it more. I'd have an omelet and coffee and a banana and a bowl of cereal. Or a bagel with cream cheese. Basically, I was having these 600-700 calorie breakfasts each morning which were really just this grotesque amalgamation of three or four separate breakfasts. Aaaaaaaaaand I was trying to lose weight at the time.

chloekinsicle, I get the same feeling sometimes. It gets really hard :/ I don't have much advice other than, get yourself away from food when that happens!

Anyway, I'm at Day 27. Almost four weeks! And I'm counting this Saturday as a month I don't think I'll have a problem making it...I was just refilled with motivation, so that'll probably last a few days...
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #13  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hi guys! I'm starting feb 1 to see how long I can stay perfectly on plan! glad you guys are here!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahinBalance View Post
I generally eat tiny breakfasts - under 200 calories - but I always feel like I could keep going and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner all before 9 am. I feel that way about lunch and dinner too, of course.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm officially counting this as DAY 1. Seen as there's nothing to binge on at home and the 20 degree weather we're having will prevent me from going out foraging for chocolate, this day is over. Woo hoo. And I went to the gym. I deserve a dancing carrot:
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote