3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 1.31.11 - 2.6.11: Let's stick together!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/224272-binge-free-challenge-1-31-11-2-6-11-lets-stick-together.html)

spingirl9 01-31-2011 09:55 PM

Completed day 17 today and feeling strong! This week I will be sticking to the same meals and snacks with the exception of dinner. Everything is planned and laid out so I feel like I am ready to just eat and not have to dwell on it too much. I want to focus on simply following that meal plan exactly -- no exceptions!!

Great job, Tamara -- we are getting up there in numbers! I am so impressed that you have been able to resist the work pressure.

Chloe: I totally know what you mean on the feeling of crazy anxiety. I am reading beck diet solution, and she says something that really helped me with that. She said that intense anxiety comes from the stress of the craving (the food haunting you) but just as eating can relieve that pressure, so can making a firm decision NOT to eat. So if you just say, I am absolutely not going to give in -- like you successfully did yesterday -- then the stress of the decision will go away. Kinda like how we sometimes rationalize just eating food to be "rid" of it (or at least I used to) -- it is all the stress of the decision itself that trips us up; not the food at all.

Fruit lady and Ivey -- how has eating the same uniform foods been working for you?

krampus 01-31-2011 11:53 PM

Halfway through Day 3. I feel extremely twitchy. I suppose this is what I get since my body got so used to binging and eating candy. Hanging in there.

girlonfire 01-31-2011 11:58 PM

krampus- I feel really twitchy as well. Like I should be stuffing myself full of candy or ice cream or burritos! I am drinking some hot tea to minimize that.

Finished Day 2 today. I came *this* close to bingeing on something I never have cravings for: peanut butter. I actually ate two spoonfuls, but then I reminded myself of my goals and closed that jar right up! I have never eaten peanut butter like that before and it scares me that I am "widening" my list of acceptable binge foods :(

tarte 02-01-2011 12:22 AM

Hello, I would like to join you guys... I too am a binger. I can't seem to make it past more than a week. I got up to 10 days a couple of months ago once. I feel like I've been doing it for so long that it's more of a habit than anything else.

Day 1 for me - hoping to make it to 7 days and beyond!

bonnie2009 02-01-2011 12:58 AM

Hi,
I haven't posted or even been on the 3fc forum for awhile. I fell off the wagon and fell hard. I lost almost 10 pounds using WW back in the fall but for some reason all my good intentions went out the window.I stopped WW. I started looking at the forum about a week ago and it felt like I coming home especially this thread. I am so, so glad to have a place to share.

In the time since I have been gone from 3FC I have gained some weight but also gained some insight. I didn't see a light at the end of the binging tunnel but then something very, very scary happened to my niece she was in a bad automobile accident. The car rolled 3 times she was thrown out the back window. Luckily her injuries were not life threatening. She required 11 staples in her forehead and 19 stitches above her eye brow. After seeing her in the hospital and how nearly miraculous it was that she didn't have any severe brain injuries or any broken bones. I started to think and think about how close I came to losing her. The major "aha" monent I received from this is no matter how hard you try to do things perfectly or don't do things because you're afraid none of us are guarenteed the next second . So why not do the things you really want to do for yourself i.e. losing weight, exercising, more rest etc.

I realized that part of my problem with not following through on my earlier weight loss is I thought for #1-I had to diet perfectly. Earlier when I lost the 10 pounds I relaxed my rigid rules and just went with my "gut" on how strict I should be with myself it worked but then things happen and the perfection and fear came knocking at my door again more like taking it off the hinges. But if anything could come out of something nearly tragic it was that I realized I cannot be successful with weight loss or life in general if I cannot put down this heavy load of perfectionism and fear.

For the past several days I have been following roughly the same plan that I lost the 10 pounds on and it feels just fine for a change. Oprah said and I think it is true that it is a fact that losing weight and getting healthier are difficult but having the right attitude is going to see you through the hard times.

Thanks for listening and have a wonderful and safe Tuesday.

desiresdestiny 02-01-2011 02:11 AM

arrgghhh this weekend has been bad. I try not to eat past midnight but insomnia keeps me awake and then I get hungry and stressed with school and before you know it BAM....

krampus 02-01-2011 05:20 AM

chloekinsicle I can't have peanut butter in the house any more for that reason. Good on you for stopping what could have easily become a full-on binge.

It's 7:15 pm on Day 3 and I am done with dinner. Just under 1400 calories total for today. I'm not sure why, but I felt so fatigued and tired tonight. No energy to exercise or even really hold myself up. I've been eating plenty, spreading it out through the day, so I don't know why I would have low blood sugar or anything like that. I think I'm going to take today off of cardio and go to bed early.

ivey03 02-01-2011 08:24 AM

Spingirl & fruitlady - I did ok yesterday trying to eat the same meals. I had no problems sticking to a uniformed meal at breakfast, but dinner was difficult! In my defense, my night class decided to meet early, which put me in class right around dinner time. I didnt get home until 9 pm and by that time I was starving, so I just ate foods that were easily accessible. Although I didn't have the healthiest dinner, I did manage to keep it low in calories and i did NOT binge!
Today will be more normal, so I am going to try and do a better job of eating uniformed meals. I will say, that not having to worry about what to eat or having so many options defiantly makes things waaay easier. I know exactly what and how much I will be eating, and the boringness of it all drastically reduces the urge to Binge!
Major shout-out to Eurydice for a whole month of not binging! You are amazing, and all of you ladies continue to inspire me!
Today is my day 4!

SarahinBalance 02-01-2011 09:32 AM

day 15 - Limiting it to one <big> bowl of cereal this AM instead of 2 - If I want to get on the treadmill then I can't have a full belly - Though it's windy and cold out, our privacy fence blew down and my puppy is curled up next to me - which makes it HARD for me to want to do anything <except eat>.

How I wish there was a magic button that would make me a 'normal' eater.

Going to peel myself off the computer, put gym clothes on and GO.

Vixsin 02-01-2011 09:54 AM

115!! :yay:

mountain mama 02-01-2011 10:00 AM

You guys are all so awesome! you have racked up so many days without a binge! It's a real inspiration!

Bonnie: i know what you mean about the perfectionism with weightloss.. im a very all or nothing kind of girl when it comes to weightloss. I lost a bnch of weight a while back.. and gained it all back because in the real world it's hard to maintain the 'off the deep end' lifestyle i had created for myself. This time around, i hope to find more balance and chill out..

Well this is the morning of day one! wish me luck ladies!

Krazy 02-01-2011 11:04 AM

Day 1. I pretty much continued binging throughout Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I feel better after today’s workout though. I don’t feel hungry right now, which is weird for me since I always feel hungry, haha. I’ll probably eat light today, but not too light or that will lead me right back to binging.

SarahinBalance - I long to be a normal eater. I don’t know anyone IRL that binge eats. Yes, they might overeat every now and then, but I don’t think they binge eat like I do. Have fun exercising! A good workout usually makes me feel better.

Tarte – I understand what you mean about binging being a habit. For me, I’ll be totally on-plan with eating and exercising for about 2-3 weeks, and then I’ll binge. Lately my binges have been lasting 2-4 days! I definitely need to break this binging habit now.

Fauxtini – Good luck! :)

fatmac 02-01-2011 12:15 PM

Back to day 1. Sigh.

SarahinBalance 02-01-2011 03:17 PM

Wow I am so bummed out today - the weather is funky so maybe that's it - was 80 degrees on Sunday and now it's in the 30s outside and is supposed to hit the teens tonight - Fed my sadness with ice cream at Jason's deli and it was all I could do to not get a snickers bar just now at the gas station - I KNOW it's not going to make me feel better - will make me feel worse and use up precious calories better spent. Just feeling kind of hopeless and down and tired today - So maybe it's fatigue coupled with cold, windy weather - Just keep praying and praying and praying - prayed through the desire to get a snickers and God answered. Praying through my struggles with food and other tendencies.

Still day 15...

fruitlady 02-01-2011 04:49 PM

ivey- I'm glad it's helping you, I've been doing the same. So far it's working just fine.

I think it's day 15- Lost track, sorry. I wanted to binge today cause I unexpectedly gained almost a pound for no reason, I felt like just giving up. Instead of binging I tried on my summer clothes from last year, two pairs of shorts were hard to button, the rest were fine. I did gain about 5 lbs. since the summer, had to gain some because of problems with TOM. I figure if I don't gain anymore, I'll still be able to wear everything. So I stayed on plan.