3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free challenge ~ June 14 - 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/204584-binge-free-challenge-%7E-june-14-20-a.html)

nmgirl 06-17-2010 10:34 PM

Well i binged... on the homemade brownies i made for my DH.. 2 glasses of milk and 3 brownies... he ate the rest they were that good.. well i told my self tomorrow is goin to be different.. he told me a comment that he didnt mean to hurt my feeling and it kinda did but it made me snap. so tomorrow im startin with drinking nothing but water.. no sodas no sugar drinks ( sept oj when my blood sugar goes low) and i love sodas! but ill stick to maybe 2 fountain drinks a week then go from there... wish me luck for tomorrow!!! :)

tater tash 06-17-2010 10:44 PM

I feel ya nmgirl!!

I didn't work out today because I'm so exhausted and I felt a binge coming on about 40 minutes ago.. I tried to let it pass before I made dinner, but I just wanted my mind to stop feeling fuzzy so I had steamed veggies with tofu and 4 scallops tossed in some pasta sauce, and peice of whole grain bread.. then I had the smallest piece of cookie dough ever.. and now im writing on here to remind myself that tomorrow is 2 weeks of not binging or overeating. Tomorrow IS going to be Day 14, NOT Day 1. Plus, I need to feel good tomorrow! It's already bad enough I decided to make today my day off from working out. (I did do some weights this morning)
I need to brush my teeth and get busy with something. Stat.

fruitlady 06-18-2010 12:14 AM

Day 8 for me, I think I have this binge thing figured out. I am really trying to stop, I don't want to live this binge life anymore, nobody does. I keep a piece of real strong mint sugarless gum on top of my cell phone all day, if I feel the need to binge, I grab it and chew it right away. It stops my hunger and cravings in about 5 min. Also, I have no binge foods in the house, all healthy stuff. If I'm going to binge, it will be on fruit or some kind of whole food, I don't eat processed foods. Another trick I found was to make my own peanut butter w/ just peanuts, one serving at a time so I can't eat too much, it's great. I do the same with ice cream. Instead of buying it, I make my own ice cream, any flavor I want to make it, just one serving at a time. I actually stand there and shake it myself, I don't have an ice cream maker and I don't want one. I make it low calorie and fat free and it's much better in taste and healthier than the stuff you buy. Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to share this with all of you, I was hoping it might help someone stay binge free!

dangerouscurves76 06-18-2010 08:11 AM

I'm sad to report that I ate way more than I planned last night. 3 large chocolate chip cookies and an entire bag of Swedish fish. Don't know why I waited until 8 pm to sabotage myself. :(

Starting Day 1...again!

nmgirl 06-18-2010 08:51 AM

tatertash good luck on today and congrats on 2 weeks of bein binge free!!!

Fruitlady how do you make your own icecream? or your own peanut butter?

dangerous curves good luck luck today you know u can do it! :D

Today is the beginning of day one for me. im going to make some eggwhites and a piece of toast but i gotta have my coffee lol anyone know of a good low calorie sugar i can use? ive tryed splenda but i cant have that my doc says its not healthy for me lol

tater tash 06-18-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmgirl (Post 3347147)
i gotta have my coffee lol anyone know of a good low calorie sugar i can use? ive tryed splenda but i cant have that my doc says its not healthy for me lol

Thanks nmgirl! soo funny - I've been trying to cut down on coffee so I become less addicted to caffiene, be a little less bloated, and etc. I usually have coffee twice a day and in the mornings its usually 2 cups. I just really like the way it tastes. But, I can definitely not help you with the sweetner! I don't like stevia, so I still used Splenda and I used Torani sugar-free syrups (like caramel, vanilla, choc.) to flavour it up, and they're made with Splenda. I figured my diet can't be perfect.. the food I typically eat is clean anyway. I am going to cut down on diet sodas though.

This morning is the beginning of Day 14! If you read my post earlier, you saw that I was struggling toward the end there. But, I managed to get through the rest of the night without over eating! I didn't stop eating after my message though. My blood was missing something so I had a serving of non-fat greek yogurt and to satisfy my 2 week long sweet tooth craving, I gave in to cooke dough, equivalent to maybe 1.5 average size cookies (if baked). Even though it wasn't "OP," I did NOT eat it in a frenzy or have way more than I allowed myself too. So this was a feat for me and I am soo happy I've made it to the 2 week mark.
I need to find good ways to get through the "light-headed-urge-to-binge" thing like I got last night.

Oh, I have my group 'date' tonight with the new guy included! I need to get through today and hopefully by tonight I'll still feel good about myself, maybe even better! I still don't know what to wear.:p

Good luck and congrats everyone!

-I just want to also say, I'm so glad to be back on this site. I didn't post anything for over a year up until 2 weeks ago. It's definitely been a big support for me and my will to be binge-free. Thanks everyone!

LataJones 06-18-2010 09:28 AM

Starting Day 22. Have a great day everyone.

tyla 06-18-2010 01:54 PM

Day 130!!! :yay: :D :carrot: :woohoo:

Fruitlady, Congrats! :congrat:

LataJones, Congrats! :congrat:

tater tash, Congrats! :congrat:

TGIF! :D Have a Happy Father's Day!

Here's to a great weekend to all of us! :dust:

Tyla

fruitlady 06-18-2010 06:51 PM

I can't believe I made it to day 9! Yesterday and today were very hard though. I really had to fight it off mentally. But, I did it so far, I hope I can continue this, I was so tempted to just buy a can of chocolate icing and eat it right out of the jar. I stuck a piece of gum in my mouth as I was looking at it in the market. It worked, thank goodness

nmgirl- I just put 1/4 cup of shelled peanuts in the food processer( I heard you can use a blender also) blend it on high until it's creamy.
The ice cream is easy but it takes alot of arm power. That's ok, your arms are too tired to make another batch.- In a quart size zip lock bag, put a 1/2 cup of fat free milk and some type of sweetener, the type you use determines the amount. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 tbsp. of sugar, I don't eat refined sugar, so I use stevia ( to taste) Then add any flavors you would like in it. Vanilla extract and fruit is good or you could use 1 tbsp of cocoa powder for chocolate, then seal the bag. Then you need a 1 gallon zip lock bag with 2 trays of ice cubes and 6 tbsp. of salt in it. After you have the ice and salt in the 1 gallon bag, place the 1 qt. bag w/ ingredients in it, in the gallon bag and seal it. Stand over the sink and shake it constantly for 7 min. , check the mixture, if it's solid, it's done. If not keep shaking. When done, then open the bags and scoop it out of the 1 qt. bag. Enjoy!

Lizaly 06-18-2010 06:52 PM

Day 1 is done.
I watched a dvd with some friends and we had chips and chocolates and I only had a handful of chips. I actually saved calories because I knew there would be snacks.

eryn s 06-18-2010 07:14 PM

Day 7! I haven't been perfect this past week I'll admit, I certainly over ate at some points but I really suprised myself with my will power, last time I managed 7 days it was a huge struggle every day but this time it's not been so hard. Now I just wish my scale would reflect the fact I've managed not to binge all week!!!

nmgirl 06-18-2010 10:40 PM

thanks fruit lady! :D

ugh! today didnt go so well.. i over ate and went way over my calories... ive been getting so bored i just dont know what to do.. i have no friends really ( kinda shy ) and my man just wants to relax after work i dont blame him though because he works hard bein an electrician i work tomorrow so i know i wont eat much.. wish me luck.. im really going to try this time...

harrismm 06-18-2010 11:54 PM

Day 3

motivated chickie 06-19-2010 09:38 AM

I haven't binged in two days. Friday night, I was contemplating a binge, but I told myself that I could binge on Saturday if I wanted. That calmed me down and I got to bed.

Now that it's Saturday, I'm glad I didn't eat last night.

LataJones 06-19-2010 10:22 AM

Thanks Tyla. Starting Day 23.

With each day it seems to get easier and easier for me.

Have a great day everyone.