3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free challenge ~ June 14 - 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/204584-binge-free-challenge-%7E-june-14-20-a.html)

WardHog 06-14-2010 06:40 AM

Binge-free challenge ~ June 14 - 20

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!

motivated chickie 06-14-2010 07:22 AM

I'm joining this week. I usually stay on the sidelines for these b/c I haven't gone a week without a binge lately.

I'm upping my calories this week to slow my weight loss down as I am within a few pounds of goal. I want to do this in a sensible way & not through binges.

I'll keep you posted.

Yesterday, I ate two extras...

A small sized ice cream sandwich & half a package of sunflower seeds (with shells on). The total additional calories were 250.

I felt okay eating it, but I did have binge cravings last evening, but didn't indulge.

Lizaly 06-14-2010 07:43 AM

Day 2 for me.

I have another class in the afternoon and right after dinner I'm going over to a friends appartment today so that we can study together. She is trying to lose weight, so there won't be any snacks. All I need to do tonight is go brush my teeth first thing when I come back home and then go to bed.

LataJones 06-14-2010 09:37 AM

Starting Day 18.

Have a great day everyone!

tater tash 06-14-2010 10:24 AM

Start Day 10!

foxxy511 06-14-2010 10:26 AM

Got through yesterday without binging so now I'm three weeks binge free! Starting on my 4th week. I don't anticipate any problems, I have a graduation party next Saturday, but I won't be there long. Good luck to everyone, have a great week!!

KimL1214 06-14-2010 10:29 AM

I'll call today Day 1 as I haven't been keeping track of my binge free days, but I've only gone over on WW points by 5-6 points in one day... My version of a binge is really going to town eating one meal or kind of food that is not considered a healthy or good thing.

nmgirl 06-14-2010 11:05 AM

Day 6 for me! Good luck everyone!

paris81 06-14-2010 11:11 AM

Starting day 35 today!

tyla 06-14-2010 11:23 AM

Day 126 for me. :yay:

Congrats to everyone here. You are all doing soooo well! :cheer2:

Let's have a great day! :cool:

Tyla

dangerouscurves76 06-14-2010 01:45 PM

Hi all! :wave: I'm a newbie on this thread. I've been lurking for months but didn't have the nerve to participate. Guess I wasn't ready to admit I have a problem. :( Well, it's time to make a commitment to ending my binge behaviors.

Today, is Day 1 for me. I look forward to having many more under my belt.

Good luck everyone! :)

girlonfire 06-14-2010 03:18 PM

Day 1! Stupid chocolate chip banana bread...

lizbiz 06-14-2010 04:03 PM

:(

starting day one again 2moro....work got the best of me today and then the huge amount of coursework when i got in.

disappointed with myself. was doing so well

:(

brocola 06-14-2010 07:35 PM

Hi! New to this area of the boards, but I need help. I lost 20lbs on Ideal Protein, but now I do IP for a few days, then binge a few days. I can't even figure what sets me off. I have eaten so much today, all in secret. I know food can't fix what Im feeling, but I can't stop. So maybe if I check in here each day, I will be accountable for my actions? I don't even know what a normal person feels when they eat. I know either diet or the other extreme.

OK, thanks for letting me get this out. Not binging has to be my new priority.

eryn s 06-14-2010 08:24 PM

Just finished day 3. Glad the weekend is over so I can get back to a relatively normal eating routine which will hopefully help me not to binge.

cocomama 06-14-2010 08:30 PM

yay! Day 15 binge free for me :) ... Getting tempted though!

Lizaly 06-15-2010 12:19 AM

starting day 3.

girlonfire 06-15-2010 02:52 AM

Day 1 again tomorrow...having such a horrible, sad, lonely day for no reason and of course I turn to food :(. I wish I could stop this

LataJones 06-15-2010 09:34 AM

Starting Day 19.

Have a great day everyone.

tater tash 06-15-2010 10:27 AM

Starting Day 11 - the longer I go the more resistance strength I have. I do NOT want to start over. Given it's only 11 days, its the longest I've gone in a couple months. I never want to see single digits again!

peechykeen- hang in there! It's important you recognize it each and everytime and it shows a lot that you still have the will to start over. Keep at it!

good luck and congrats everyone.

tyla 06-15-2010 11:24 AM

127! :yay:

foxxy511 06-15-2010 11:33 AM

Peachy -- :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry you had such a bad day! If you're having a lonely day, you can always post here! I think sometimes this problem is bigger than we are and cannot be tackled with sheer will power alone. I'm convinced the help of others is needed. I've found that being accountable to something (I go to WW meetings and get weighed every week!) is that outside help I need. Of course they don't know I binge and my leader doesn't know she's providing that help for me. Is there someone or something you can become accountable to? The only downside is that I don't think this accountability has gotten to the root of my unhealthy relationship with food. I want to change that, but think it requires counseling that I can't afford right now. Also, you can always message me if you feel lonely! I frequently check this site as a procrastination tool to avoid homework ;) I hope you have a better day today!

Tater --- I feel the same way about adding up binge-free days! The longer I go, the more daunting I feel like starting over would be, so it provides some strength!

I've got my foot firmly planted in week 4 of being binge-free...hooray!

sweeks 06-15-2010 12:44 PM

Day one. My commitment for today: Three meals and nothing in between.

dangerouscurves76 06-15-2010 01:18 PM

Day 2 for me! :dancer:

Looking good, feeling good. :D

nmgirl 06-15-2010 03:10 PM

Day one for me today.. yesterday i just got really depressed and didnt do nothing sept snack.. this morning i felt it all so i only ate breakfast and still feel full.. i hate having 5 days off of work.. i think i need to find a new job..

fruitlady 06-15-2010 06:15 PM

Day 6 for me and I am really wanting to overeat. I just feel so hungry, I hope I can conrtol myself.

eryn s 06-15-2010 07:32 PM

Day 4 done! Hopefully I'm going to finally gather the courage to join the gym tomorrow (though I've been saying that for weeks!), my plan is to go to the gym any time I feel a binge coming on, that way I'll be out of the house and hopefully by the time I've finished my workout the urge to binge will have gone (and if it hasn't at least I'll have burnt off some of the calories!)

nmgirl 06-15-2010 10:35 PM

Congrats Tyla!!!

Lizaly 06-15-2010 11:44 PM

starting day 4

jeniansmom 06-16-2010 06:19 AM

I have not binged for awhile...a week...2 weeks? Not counting the days has been less stressful for me, though I'm still reading here everyday to help focus myself. But I have not been vigilant about good choices. Last night I ate way too much and it was not healthy stuff...3 pieces of garlic bread and a BIG bowl of chop suey. I didn't eat anything after even though I wanted to mentally, but my body was so full. The residual yucky feeling of being so full and my blood sugar being higher is not fun. I used to kinda crave that full feeling. Like the food was filling me up b/c I was feeling so empty inside emotionally. I know that now that I have my brain chemistry under better control it makes it easier not to use food in this way, but now I have to break that old habit b/c it doesn't feel good. It saps my newfound energy and I don't like that. I love my newfound energy and ambition. I want to keep feeling good.
Happy, healthy, binge-free day to all.
Jen

dangerouscurves76 06-16-2010 08:28 AM

Day 3 for me! :carrot:

I can't believe being accountable for my binges is working! Last night, I had to run into the dollar store for a few things. Typically, I stock up on all kinds of junk food for myself. But I managed to stay strong and walked out of there with my self-respect intact. :D :D :D :D :D NO Junk food for me!

nmgirl 06-16-2010 08:42 AM

Congrats dangerouscurves!!

Today is day 2 for me.. i stayed busy cleaning and down sizing all my lovely junk lol so i may finish the task today in my room uh oh lol. i made a new goal for myself.. i have 35-40 lbs to loose and i plan on going to las vegas for my 21st birthday thats in a year and 5 months lol i know its a long time but thats what i wanna work for.. im trying to get my head straight.. ive just been so lazy ive let everything go to crap.. my apartment.. myself... im trying to regroup all my emotions.. and my life again.. i just dont have anyone really to talk to.. i cant talk to the DH bout it because hes always joking about things.. so i say something he makes it into a joke darnit.. sorry dont mean to complain :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON YOUR BINGE FREE DAY TODAY!

tater tash 06-16-2010 09:07 AM

Just woke up to Day 12!
With summer classes, working, all the work entailed, and working out I am too exhausted to binge, nor do I have any desire to waste the little workout time I can fit in.
It's 6 am - time for what I hope stays a jog.

Good luck and congrats everyone!

LataJones 06-16-2010 09:29 AM

Starting Day 20. Have a great day everyone.

KimL1214 06-16-2010 09:53 AM

Great job everyone!!!
Okay, so I had to start over. We had a big BBQ on Monday and I ate 2 burgers and 2 dogs... definitely more then needed, plus some chips and pasta salad... ugh! Well anyways! Yesterday was a good day and the goal is for today to be one as well. So starting day 2!!!

paris81 06-16-2010 10:27 AM

Starting day 37!

TheBunneh 06-16-2010 10:32 AM

Okay, I can't remember what day I'm on, and while I haven't binged I haven't exactly been a good girl either. So here's to another day number 1.

tyla 06-16-2010 11:08 AM

Day 128! :yay:

Foxxy and Tater, I feel exactly like you do. The longer I go, the longer I want to keep going. :running: :strong:

NMgirl, thank you! All the best to you today! :hug:

Peachy, I used to do the same thing when I was away at college. :hug:

Paris, congrats to you! :congrat:

LataJones, great job! :congrat:

Good luck to all of us today! :dust:

Tyla

motivated chickie 06-16-2010 11:27 AM

I stumbled on Monday & Tuesday. Great way to start the challenge, right? ;)

But I am still here and am very motivated to have a clean eating day. So, I'm still part of the challenge.

fruitlady 06-16-2010 01:05 PM

Day 7 for me, I usually can't go this long. but I think I will this time!