Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #91  
BlockHead =)

harismm...hang in there. I'm so sorry about your mom's diagnosis. I know it's hard to take good care of yourself when under stress like that. Be gentle with yourself and keep doing your best. I wish your mom a speedy recovery.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #92  

Thanks Jen!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

harris -- they caught it, which is important! I know it's hard to be optimistic and things will probably suck for awhile, but you're right...eating will have no effect on your mom's diagnosis! I'll keep her (and you!) in my prayers...stay strong!

So, I baked these chocolate cheesecake bars the other day and OMG they're delicious. And low cal! I do WW, so for 12 servings they were 4 points a serving, but I cut them into 24 bars so I could (a) have some for less points and (b) make them last longer! I took some to people at work and none of them guessed they were low cal. I love baking and it's something I haven't done in awhile because everything I baked was so high in calories and fat. But, I've been tweaking recipes and playing around on the WW e-tools and now I can bake again!!

Now if only I can stop myself from licking the bowl...haha

After Sunday, I'll be three weeks binge free...
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #94  

harrism- I am deeply sorry about your mother that's gotta be tough. But great job on not binging over something so big!

tater-tash- I know *exactly* what you mean! I feel so great about eating healthy and not bingeing, then I look in the mirror and see a blob and I just deflate. It's tough to get the outside to catch up to the inside.

Starting day 2 today! I am staying at my sister's, so chances to binge are pretty low. There was one last night with donuts, but I passed them up. I'm not a huge donut fan...

Good luck ladies(and gentlemen hehe)!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Starting Day 16.

Harrismm, my thoughts and prayers are with your mom. Great job on not binging. The comfort it may bring will only be temporary and is so not worth it.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #96  

Just finished day two, though despite having eaten quite a bit today (I'm already over my daily calories) I'm absolutly STARVING so I think I'm going to have to have something to eat. Oh well, I'll just take everything step by step, I can tackle the over eating once I'm feeling more in control of my binging I guess. Just feeling frustrated at the moment!
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #97  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I'm on day 3 I think, doing good though. I am trying to figure out how to eat my favorites in small portions. I'm not craving anything yet, but I know I will eventually. Planning ahead this time! I want to make my own ice cream and peanut butter in small portions, that way I can't eat more than I should. Now I just need to find recipes. They have to be all natural w/ no crap added to them, this way I can make sure they are not processed too.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting day 34 this morning!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Making it through today will make me 3 weeks binge-free! And I WILL make it!

Allow me to vent for a moment. I love my little brother, I really do, but his eating habits drive me nuts and I know it's 95% jealousy on my part. But it's 5% worry too. He's normal-sized, not fat, not thin, just absolutely normal. But all he eats is crap! Fast food once, sometimes twice a day. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in between. Cheez-its, cereal bars, orange juice by the gallon. And last night, I went downstairs to make my dinner (faux-fried chicken fingers using Fiber One and egg substitute, mmmm) and he was monopolizing the oven making potato skins and mozzarella sticks FOR DINNER. It annoys me because he can eat like this and not gain weight. But I'm also worried that it'll catch up with him one day. I don't want him to have to go through what I've been through. And just because he's not gaining weight from this crap, doesn't mean it won't affect his health in some other way! He's 19 though and just doesn't care.

In other news, I've found that planning frequent snacks in the evening has really kept my binge-monster at bay. I have no urge what so ever to binge when I know I'll be having a snack roughly every hour. AND I tried on the size 6 pants I bought last summer and have only been able to wear twice since and I was able to button them! Horrible muffin top and I won't be wearing them anywhere in public until I'm down another 10lbs or so...but I finally feel like I'm making progress!

Sorry for the long post, but I love being able to share my victories and frustrations with everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

I'm on day 1 again.
Last night I binged and then I purged. This is getting out of control, but I won't let this get any worse.
Apparently, I can't get out of this by myself, so tomorrow after classes, I'm going to counseling services.
I looked it all up on the internet, the adress, the phone number, etc. I just don't know how long I'll have to wait before seeing a therapist. But even if it's months, at least I know I'll get help.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #101  
BlockHead =)

Lizaly - good luck tomorrow, I am glad that you are recognizing your needs and are going to take care of yourself.

For me this week has been good. I ate lots of bad choices yesterday but did not binge. Was the first time I've had alcohol for awhile too. I didn't gain any so I am happy about that. I resisted the urge to "starve" myself today to make up for the bad choices, and instead had a really nice and filling salad for brunch.

Happy, binge free rest of your weekend everyone.
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #102  

Finished with Day 2 yesterday, working on day 3 today!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #103  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4 for me, going well so far. I'm eating alot of fruit today cause I bought so much, I don't want it to spoil.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #104  

Day 3, another greedy one but no binges, and that's what counts. I actually think I did quite well considering I was out the whole day with my family and we were eating out for brunch and late lunch! Should be easier to avoid overeating now that the weekend is over and I have plans for tomorrow so I won't really have the chance to binge.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

DAY 5 FOR ME TODAY!! ive been working alot and trying to cut back on the food. when we go out to eat ill order half of what i usually get.. im still feeling hungry but i know im not so i ignore it. this next couple days monday - friday are going to be a little hard because i dont work until saturday so im going to be a little bored.. bored = eating but i can do it.. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote