Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #16  

Day 7, I can hardly believe it! Last week I managed not to go on a total out of control binge, but I did allow myself to eat slightly more than I should've done so this week I'm going to try to do no binging and no overeating.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

okay i know it may be getting annoying of me but day 1 again! yesterday we went to cicis pizza and... well... i liked it a little to much :| and i regreted it afterwards but didnt eat nothing else the whole day so DAY ONE AGAIN! im trying... its just hard when the boyfriend wants to eat out but i know its up to me on how i should eat. so wish me luck
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks peachy! Good luck with day 1--maybe plan something to do to take your mind off of the food.

Lizaly--good luck with day 3!

Harrismn--day 34, that's awesome! Over a month done!
eryn--Day 7! Woohoo, a week under your belt must feel good!

nmgirl--Good luck with day 1, that's always tough. you seem to be struggling a lot--be sure that you're just thinking of it as one day at a time. I find that tends to reduce that panic-y feeling!

Starting day 29 now (almost to 30!!!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8

Starting Day 4!
I recently opened up to my mom about my overeating disorder. The only person who knew about it before was my boyfriend from a couple years ago when it all started to surface. I was doing good for over a year or so I'd say up until this past February when slowly it became worse and worse til now when I was binging at LEAST once a week. Since I was no longer with this particular boyfriend, I decided that it was time to come out to my mom because someone HAD to know.
She's been great support so far and she's seen me through a couple binges after I told her (She never physically saw them, no one did.) She lives about 30 minutes North of me, but whenever I had a "binge" or stressed about it, she has me drive up and do a 5 mile walk with her, talk about things, then make something healthy at Whole Foods for dinner. Just talking about it and recognizing that it is a problem that I need to tackle is a huge step for me.
We went out for dinner last night to a taqueria that I (personally knew) couldnt eat at without completely devouring a burrito. But, we went, I ordered the burrito how I liked it, ate it slowly with a fork and knife, and recognized I was full about half way through. It was great because I barely even thought about it.
My mom must have been watching me - when we got home she gave me a hug and told me she loved me, she could tell I was getting in control again.

It's definitely helped in the past couple of days to remind myself that I can't focus on losing weight right now. I just need to focus on getting in control and I think just by not over-eating/binging will result in me losing some lbs anyway.

Can't wait for day 5!

Hope everyone has a great/strong day!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #20  
BlockHead =)

I think I'm ready to start again. I needed a break because I was putting too much pressure on myself and using that as an excuse for bad choices. I don't know that I've had a true binge but have not been making healthy choices. I'm not even going to count days right now, just going to try to make each day and each choice within the day a conscious and good one.

Congrats to all who are doing so well and good luck to all who are also beginning again.

Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #21  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I wanted to chime in and support all you ladies! It's so hard to manage all the stresses in our lives! It's hard not to succumb to them and lose self control.

Congratulations to all of you for making the decision and doing your best! That in itself is worth a LOT!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 120!

Wow, this is huge for me. If I was an alcoholic, this would be 4 months sober!

Lizaly and Peachykeen, thank you for your support! It means a lot to me.

Motivated chickie, I know what you're going through. Sometimes you've got to take it an hour at a time. You can do this! I believe in you!

Paris, congrats on day 29!

Fruitlady, good luck on your new plan!

Dogmom, good luck to you today. Just get right back on the horse!

eryn, congrats on day 7!

nmgirl, I know you'll do great today!

tatertash, wow, I'm so impressed that you reached out to your mother. Congrats to you for opening up, getting it under control and focusing on staying in control! Kudos to you!

Jeniansmom, I will miss you! Good luck to you!

souvenirdarling, thank you for your kind words!

Best of luck to all of us today!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

thank you tyla you always make me feel better and make me feel like i can do it
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #24  
Liz

S/C/G: 140

Height: 5'6

almost onto day 3 and still going strong!

kick boxing reaaaallly helps
lizbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #25  

Finished Day 1! I haven't been able to say that in so long; it feels great! I really appreciate the support you ladies give me it helps a lot. Onto to conquer Day 2!!!

Sending out hugs to anyone who is struggling today
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Peachykeen, Super congrats to you!

nmgirl, Thank you! Just take it one step at a time. You will do it!

lizbiz, good idea about the kick boxing. (I just got off of the elliptical.) Yay, exercise! (There is no symbol for kick boxing. This will have to do.LOL)

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 06-08-2010 at 04:25 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #27  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Hello, all! Heading into the end of day two after a little run in with some cookies over the weekend ^^;; Feeling great after running today and having to sprint against a storm towards the end!
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/169/140

Height: 5'9

Hi All! This thread caught my eye and I wanted to peak my head in!

My Story: I started eating healthy and hardcaore excercising in Febrauary. I weighed a whooping 230lbs! The biggest I have EVER been! Scary. I am currently at 186. I was did the Master Cleanse for 23 days recently. It really helped me. Especially helped me get a hold of my cravings and binging. I got off about 3 weeks ago. At first, I was doing great. This last week its like something came over me and I started having all these crazy cravings again!! Not for the same junk as before (taco bell, mc donalds, pizza..yuck!) but just wanting to snack and eat sweets. Oh it has been terrible!! This past wekend, like the glutton that I am, I finaly gave into these cravings. Eating bbq chicken and cheesecake. I feel SOOO bloated and yucky.

Yesterday, was my first day getting it back together. Eating healthy and not over eating. I cannot lie it was hard. I had some hunger pangs but got through it. Today is much better. I am motivated by the fact that I can now wear my size 29 True Religion skinny jeans which about a month ago I could not get over my hips! Lol. I not only want to keep it that way but I also want to lose another 40 pounds!!! I gotta get this weight off me once and for all. So here I am! Lol.

My goal is to have lost 10 pounds by July 4. Fingers crossed!!!
SummerSlimmy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #29  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone, today I messed up big time, i binged on everything I could get my hands on. Today was supposed to be my 8th day binge free, and it sure wasn't. I added up all the calories it came to 4400! I can't believe I can eat that much once I get started. I wasn't even hungry when I started with a taste of fat free, sugar free cherry ripple ice cream. I just moved on to more and more. I guess I can't even taste anything that seems like a treat. It turns into an out of control situation. I am so bloated , I feel like I have a basketball in my stomach. I feel so sick, I think i better go for a walk to help me digest.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230/169/140

Height: 5'9

Fruitlady - Dont feel too bad. We all are guilty of doing the EXACT same thing. Thats why WE are HERE! Lol.

Important thing is to not beat up on yourself! Go for your walk, let the food digest and pick back up with it tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day to do improve! Besides you have lost so much weight and you are ONLY 2 pounds from your goal! How awesome is that!!! You should feel very proud of yourself!!!
SummerSlimmy25 is offline   Reply With Quote