Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #16  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

day 1 for me..I got really frustrated this weekend with my lack of weightloss even though I have been OP. I am getting tired of the scale bouncing around the 160s! I am working hard- I want to see results!

Anyways- I hope everyone has a great week!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

okay ladies, my first day binge free was april 6, surely to goodness i did not just complete day 16. wth, my math has got to be wrong!! lol or time flew i have found some new motivation somewhere and i like it
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Ladies, it really amazes me that one slip up-Saturday night-thanks to a night of drinking, has turned into a third night of bingeing. Yesterday I hadn't eaten all day until the bridal shower and that was the only time I ate, but I prob ate enough to make up 3 meals. Then today I thought I was going to get back on track but instead I've gone down the chocolate binge road at work. I don't understand why I think "oh just screw it, my stomachs already big and hurts already why not just stuff myself all over again today". It's a completely BUTT backwards way of thinking!!! And because of it, between Sat night, yesterday, and today I'll be a few pounds up and back to feeling like crap. But ya know what, tomorrow morning I am going to eat a good breakfast, even though at the moment the thought makes me wanna puke. But I am going to eat good instead of drinking a stupid slimfast....and get myself back on track for the rest of the week. Need to drop this negative, capitulating attitude, and get back to it! And then hopefully I will be caught up with my sleep and will get a nice cardio session in after class and before my therapy session!

~D~

Last edited by duqserb; 04-19-2010 at 11:47 PM.
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #19  
Michelle

S/C/G: 143/137/120

Height: 5'4"

This is my first time posting on this website. I believe this forum fits me because I am not really that overweight - I usually clock in around 130 (but I have a 11 month old with some post baby pounds to still lose) - but I feel like I need to lose even more then that this time.

I eat very very healthy, but then I get tired of it and decide to blow it all on a whopper and fries or three slices of pizza - I always feel gross afterwards too! If I didnt do that, I think I would be very fit. I work out 3 to 5 times a week and feel really great about working out and eating healthy. Now if I could just stop binging!

I am on weight watchers now - have lost a few pounds - hoping it continues to go well!
MRayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

mrayburn - welcome!!!

duqserb - i completely understand... having a good breakfast tomorrow will go a long way ! why not try planning a few days worth of food and exercise and see if it can get you over this hump? try not to dispair! what doesnt kill us makes us strong... and you are strong!!! you can do this!

dragonfly - one of the hardest things for me has been ignoring the scale... i have a trainer and she puts me on the scale randonmly (not once a month, sometimes 6 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks between)...so i cannot stress about it... how often do you weigh yourself? can you push it out a bit more? can you set other goals besides weight? i have a long list of things i want to do with my life (and a second one for exercise specifically) and that helps me focus on things other than weight... i'd be happy to share if it you ladies want to see it...

trainer gave me a new routine last night...so i am extra hungry today because i find it really hard to do a new routine and my body is now sore and looking for fuel... oh well... i am at work so i can only eat what is in my bag... and i have circuit training at lunch so... it will be alllll good after that!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Well, my counter restarted on Saturday. Day 4 today.

Amidst being dumped by my BF, its hard to stay focused.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Working on Day 4.

Thanks Tyla, Foxxy, and jdonato. I'm incredibly proud of myself too because I wanted to binge so badly yesterday. I was close to it several times but I knew that if I took that first bite, it would be all over for me. So I resisted thanks to this thread and randomly trying on a pair of jeans I just bought recently in a smaller size that don't fit! If that's not a binge breaker than I don't know what is.

Congrats to everyone that tacked off another day and stay strong to those that are starting. We can do this!
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting Day 2 today! Normally, the first few days are so hard, but I was so miserable binging this weekend (more so that usual, mentally at least) that I'm really enjoying eating healthy and feeling good. It's days like this that I don't understand at all why I would ever binge...it's just completly illogical.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Welcome, MRayburn!

Day 71 for me. Woo Hoo!

Sorry I don't have time to say "hi" to everyone. I'm late for work.

Let's all keep strong!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Today is supposed to be my last day of bad eating (b-day was yesterday, have dinner plans for tonight) but a coworker just MADE me a bday cake. Not store bough, home made. So I cant' get rid of it. . . .

So that will last me at least 5 days. . . I guess it's doeable if I work it into my plan and eat well the rest of my meals.

I have kind of been out of control this entire month and need to reign myself in.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Day 27. I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning because I thought for sure I'd be down some since last Thursday. Wrong. I'm exactly where I was and I am just so frustrated! So now I'm feeling pessimistic and negative and just generally crappy. And that "fat" feeling has returned, which sucks because usually I only feel this way after a binge. Ugh. I shouldn't have gotten on that stupid scale because I probably wouldn't be feeling like this right now if I hadn't. I don't know why I let my happiness depend on that number the scale shows. It's illogical and I know it's illogical, but I can't help it. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer girls, lol

Anyway:
Chels -- I'm glad you've got some new motivation. That's awesome...send some my way, lol!

D -- I'm thinking a good breakfast and a good sweat session will make all the difference! Let's both dropkick our negative attitudes out the window!

MRayburn -- WELCOME!!

Happytobe -- don't you just love trying new stuff at the gym? I really do like it when my trainer switches things up...although I do NOT appreciate the new soreness afterwards, haha

Mamma -- I'm sorry to hear about your break-up. I know you deserve better and it can start by treating yourself right!

Lata -- clothes that don't fit can certainly be motivation! I haven't tried on my capri's from last summer because I'm afraid of how they'll fit.

Paris -- I'm glad you're in the right mindset. Good luck on Day 2!

Tyla -- HI!!! Hope you made it to work on time, lol

DogMom -- Hate to say it, but your coworker will never know if you enjoy a piece of cake at home tonight and then throw the rest away. I hate wasting food too, but you didn't ask for that home-made cake, so you shouldn't feel guilty about getting rid of it if it's going to be a trigger. You have to be selfish and do what's right for you! And again, your co-worker WILL NEVER KNOW!

Have a good day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Emily - Take that scale and CHUCK IT!!! it was the EXPECTATION of the weight loss that made not lossing so much worse... you dont need a number to be happy with how you look and more importantly how you feel!!! you have not eaten out of control in 27 days!!!!!! that is WAY more important than a number on a scale!!! I would LOVE to only get weighed at my annual doc appt ... I do my best to not go on the scale at all unless my trainer puts me there... why not have a 'party' and use a hammer on the scale? i gave mine to my good friend - she has recovered from bulimia and anorexia decades ago so she totally understood how big that was for me!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Foxxy, , I'm on a break at work, so I'll respond quickly. I hate my scale!!!! Whenever I get on it, I'm sooooo disappointed, that I have to make weeks go by sometimes before I get on it again. That stupid scale fluctuates so much. I never know the truth. And I know that the scale is a major trigger for me. My husband hates it whenever I get on it, because I complain if I don't loose or I plateau. (I was on a plateau for 6 weeks, during my 71 days here!!! My poor husband.LOL) So foxxy, if your pants are feeling looser, or if you take your measurements and see a difference, then you're doing great. Even if your pants aren't looser, but you feel better physically and mentally, you're doing great. Bottom line is the scale DOES lie, in spite of what Dr. Ian Smith says on "Celebrity Fit Club." You've made a major accomplishment by staying strong for 27 days. Don't blow that now, because of a stupid scale. Hugs to you!!!! Stay strong!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #29  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 3 for me, I'll make it, even though I'm a little depressed. My husband and I are having problems and we might split up after 24 yrs. When he was here I just wanted him to leave. Now he's at work and I'm getting sick to my stomach about this. The more you think in depth about what is happening, the worse it is. Thankfully I don't binge when I am depressed or down.I actually lose my appetite. I only binge when I need some happiness or am happy.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #30  

Height: 4'11"

Mammasita - I'm really sorry about your break-up. How awful. I know how that feels.... And I hope you can focus your energy on being the best YOU can be. Even if you do not feel like it at all - going through the motions and trying to be healthy can improve your well-being. Give you something else to focus on instead of the break up.

I am on day 20... I definitely can't say I've been "on plan" these 20 days. So in a way, I'm not really SUPER proud of them... But I haven't full-on binged so that's really the whole thing I'm trying to avoid. I've definitely overeaten. I've shown restraint when I could have said "screw it" ... And if I feel myself start to feel sick, I can stop eating.. I am getting too full, but I'm not bingeing. So that's progress for me. I am trying to learn to practice intuitive eating. When I am really, really focused... I can lose weight intuitively eating. But now - could be because I'm sick - but I just don't care at this point. I just don't want to binge. I know later on down the road I will care again, and then I will re-focus to genuinely stop when I'm full.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote