Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

I'm posting here to hold myself accountable:

I just wrote an exam that went TERRIBLE. On top of that I went to the mall afterward where all of my triggers were. But I didn't indulge in any of them! I'm hoping that I will remain binge-free for the rest of the day and ride this anxiety out. Thank you for reading.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

lata - you WILL remain binge-free! just the fact that you know you have anxiety is HUGE! find some way to keep yourself busy and if you feel the binge urge, come here... or call someone...or drink water or or or... you have tons of tools... i am excited to come here tomorrow and find out you made it through!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Lata -- I bet the exam didn't go as bad as you thought! Think positively (easier said than done, I know!) and don't do anything now that you'll only regret later! You're a strong girl and you WILL make it through!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Thanks for the support ladies. I truly appreciate it.

I am happy to report that I still remain binge free. Now working on Day 6.

I dug into my tool belt and utilized quite a few tools yesterday. Mostly sitting down and dealing with the anxiety head on, chewing gum, and trying to distract myself with TV. It worked. It feels good waking up and knowing I didn't give in to the monster.

I hope you are right, Foxxy. I'm in a demanding program where there is a huge emphasis placed on grades, so I walk into every exam ready to throw up.

Thanks again ladies!
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Made it through day 31 now on Day 32. The bf asked if I want to go to the race track tomorrow with him and his friend, I declined nicely. One I have to study for finals and two....I know what will happen, beers are cheap there and so are hot dogs and once I have a few beers in me I'm afraid I'll make bad decisions and binge. I'm ok with one or two drinks, providing i'm not in a social situation. So I told him to have fun and I'll just study. Keep postive. I found my graduation dress yesterday and I want to look good in it! The thing that's really hard is trying to eat enough being stressed so I don't starve myself and then after finals binge like crazy! I'm trying one day at a time to eat 6 meals a day and keep some what active. Hope it helps.

Lata: congrats and making it through the day! I know what you mean by exams...I'm right there with you, my finals are next week and when I feel that way I go straight for comfort food. You are very strong and that's so amazing

duqserb: You gotta love family and how they cook. My sister is in school and goes back home for the summers...my mom literally says it's time to fatten her up from living on her own. Oh lord do I try and watch myself around my family! Good for you for keeping strong and congrats on making day 2!

The floors are done in the house now the moldings need to be put on. We are still sleeping in our living room and it's alot of stress. But I just keep focusing on school...one more week and if I do well....I'M FINALLY DONE! *sigh....I hope everyone has a wonderful binge free day and I will check back later.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

wooo hooo lata!!! you go girl!!!

am feeling super strong today! had a great night with the kids which always helps! doing my own spinning class in about 30 min with a few friends (am not an instructor, YET!)

found a cool website with good recipes and a great article on Intuitive Eating:
https://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Recipes.aspx

Hope everyone elses day is rockin' like mine!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 73!

LATA, What is your major?

jdonato, congrats on staying strong!

Happytobe, thanks for all of your advice.

Foxxy, I'm so happy to did not blow it!

Good luck to all of us today. (I'm having some stressful days lately at work.)

Here's some will power dust for all of us.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

This is my declaration to all of you that I am staying OFF the scale for the whole next week! No need to step on it! I was down at my weigh-in and had I not gotten on the scale a couple days ago, I would have never know about the stand-still and would have saved myself a lot of crankiness! At the same time, it makes me mad at myself that I'm happy I was down today. I should be happy regardless of what the scale says because I'm feeling better and haven't binged in 29 days (working on Day 29 right now!!!). I think I have issues, haha

Anyway, have a busy day today, so I'm trying to plan ahead!

Lata -- glad to hear you made it through!

jdonato -- Can you plan a fun, non-food related reward for when you're done with finals? That way you can treat yourself and maybe lessen that urge to binge? Good luck, by the way!

happytobe -- I love your positive mood...it's very infectious! Let's have a great day!!!

tyla -- Thanks!! Hope your day isn't too stressful!

Okay, now I'm running a little behind, haha, have a great day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Foxxy. I ended up sharing the cake w/ family so there is not a lot left. I didn't have the heart (or will power) to get rid of it!
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #55  

Height: 4'11"

Thanks for the support, everyone.
Day 22 here.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #56  

Height: 5'4"

I have been far from binge free. Eating bad food and too much of it. Avoiding this site. I am back on track now. tomorrow. this weekend.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #57  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jdonato, lata- You both are doing great!

As for me, I am on day 5. It was pretty hard today, thankfully I don't have anything here to binge on. Why is the 5th day so hard for me every time?
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

End of day 3 for me :-) I just realized I've had 2 boxes of cereal in my cabinet for a couple weeks now and haven't binged on them. I also have natural peanut butter in the cabinet and haven't binged on that either. This makes me happy :-D

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

So I went on the scale this morning as I've been doing every Friday morning. And yeah....I went from 153 to 156.8 because of my binges Sat and Mon nights. It made me want to vomit seeing those numbers. Just do NOT understand WHY I keep doing this to myself! It'll probably take me a good couple weeks to get back down to where I was. I think I'm going to write down those binges and post them on my wall so that if I'm EVER tempted to do it again I'll see that and hopefully remember how awful the feeling was this morning to see those numbers on the scale. Eating cookies and chocolate is just SO not worth it. On that note! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday, I know it'll be a busy one for me!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 5! Good luck going into the weekend, everyone!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote