Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Working on Day 30!

Dogmom -- Sharing is just as good!

Shelf -- quit avoiding us, haha! You can do it...get on track NOW. And come here for support!

D -- it sounds like you have some good motivation planned. But, I think in addition to posting on your wall what was bad, post some things that are good too! What did you do that you thought was a good choice and what was the result? I think focusing on the positives help too!

I'm off to start a take-home test (blech!) Have a great day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Day 68 and all is well. TOM approaches....
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Good Morning ladies! I'm on Day 32! I can't believe I've made it this long, "knock on wood". It's a daily struggle emotionally because this is the last week of school. Sooooo much pressure! I don't know if I told you ladies but my dad recently moved to Alaska..was very hard on our family...and no parents are not divorce nor unhappy...they've been married for 28 years. He freaked out after my grandfather died and he has a bucket list he wants to do...and the job in alaska is his dream job! He thinks my mom will quit her job and move there with him....so anyway...I'm following in my father's foot steps in becoming an Electrical Engineer. I've struggled through personal things and finally getting my degree. He's flying back just for that. Oh and my sister's graduating the same day as me...I"m so happy for her. She's going to be a pharmacist....only she doesn't get her degree until the Fall because she has clinicals to finish. So my mom is going to my sister's graduation, my dad is going to mine and then we leave to go to my sister's one at night. Before my grandfather passed away, my dad's dad, I promised him and my grandmother I would never let them down...I will finish school and make them proud...she reminds me of this promise everytime I talk to her. They were both immigrants and came from nothing and worked through school and now they have everything because of it. So through, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and life...i've managed to come to the end in this last week. for me to get my degree would mean everything...it's the most important thing to me in the world...I know once I accomplish that...all my dreams will come true and I will be able to take control of more in my life. I have one class right now Im worried about and that exam is Thursday. that's my last exam. so enough of that....

tyla: 73 days is amazing!

foxxy: thanks! I need all the luck and good vibes I can get, I'm studying my a$$ off! I'm trying to plan something but don't know what yet. I'll see what I feel like after my last exam....to be honest...I need a drink! lol but I'm not drinking anything not even a glass of wine until after finals...I was to be completely on my game. Any ideas? Congrats on Day 30! we've made it!

fruitlady: keep it up you're doing so well!

blairsey: wow day 68! That's a huge accomplishment, congrats!

duqserb: nice job not binging on the cereal. keep strong!

I will get to more of you later. I see everyone is doing so well and I wish you all the very best! Have a great day!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Thank you so much ladies for the support and encouragement. It makes me even more ashamed to tell you all that I binged yesterday and today. I let the stress of school and life get to me. Just when I thought I was so strong, I give into the pressure. Ugh!

I'm hoping that with exams now done my binges will diminish in intensity. I still have the big exam (the bar exam) coming up, but I don't anticipate it will be that stressful...or maybe I'm just not feeling the stress yet.

Tyla, I'm studying law and there is a ridiculous amount of stress put on us to excel. Grades haunt us long after law school is done unfortunately.

jdonato, wow! Your story is so impressive. Your parents must be so proud of both you and your sister.Congrats to the both of you, in academics and for remaining binge free for 32 days. Those are both great accomplishments! And kudos to your father for pursuing his dream. Life is too short not to.

Good luck on your last exam.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Battling the bingeing demon right now ladies. No particular reason....I'm not upset or emotional about anything. I do have alot going in with school that I have to prepare for next week but I feel pretty on top of things so not particularly stressed. I'm thinking that maybe it's because of my TOM? I'm due for it next Wednesday. I hate this feeling...of just wanting to eat for no good reason ugh I'm staying glued to this laptop for the rest of the night lol

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Don't give in to the temptation, Duqserb. You can conquer that terrible feeling. Staying glued to the internet is definitely a good distraction. Good luck!

Last edited by LataJones; 04-23-2010 at 08:38 PM.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #67  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 6 for me, yippie!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #68  

whew resisted the urges and now it's time for bed :-)

~D~
Old 04-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Day 31!! Holy moley! I can't believe I've gotten to Day 31.

jdonato -- I say have that glass of wine...but then indulge in something like a new pair of shoes...or massage! If you have a massage school near you, they're usually pretty cheap!

Lata -- don't feel ashamed...you've gotten back on track now and that's all that matters! Everyone gives into to pressure, that doesn't mean you're weak...you're human! When do you take the bar exam? I have my Praxis test in June but I'm not really stressing about it yet either, haha

D -- glad to hear you made it through! Sounds like a classic case of boredom..happens to me all the time! Bored = want to eat. I wish it were some other way, haha

fruitlady -- congrats on Day 6!

I'm off to pack a dinner for work! Have a great Saturday everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Yay I'm currently on Day 13 and feeling strong, had a really great swim this afternoon and then bought a load of fruit on the way home. Ate a huge bowl of mango and strawberries, so now I feel really full but in a healthy, non-guilty way which makes me very happy!

Tonight might be tricky as it's likely I'll have a few drinks and want to eat rubbish, but thankfully I don't have much in the house and I've never been one for binging on random foods. I always stocked up on the stuff I liked to binge on, and felt panicky if I thought there was nothing 'nice' in the house. So I'm proud that yesterday I talked myself out (and I mean literally walking round the supermarket with them in my hand, mentally arguing!) of buying a biiiiiiig bag of Cheetos which I clearly would have eaten all in one go tonight.

Stay strong everyone - if not strong enough not to slip, then strong enough to pick yourself back up and carry on where you left off

Thinking of you all x
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #71  

Had some issues today at work, once again with the candy stash one of the pharmacists keeps. I think I had 4 mini snickers? I swear, after binging Monday on those you'd think that I'd NEVER want chocolate again yet I always do. I think I ate a lot out of boredom today too. I had eaten my lunch 2 hours earlier than I wanted to and I wasn't really hungry. I ate a big bowl of oatmeal this morning so I would've thought that would help with not binging the rest of the day. So I got over that hump, and had a nice little run at the gym which made me feel a bit better. Went grocery shopping and I really hate the feeling of literally being scared because I have a full fridge and cabinets. Everything I have is healthy except for the reese's pieces klondike bars I bought. I wanted to try the neopolitan ones but they didn't have them. Again, I'm trying to have a normal relationship with food which means that I should be able to have icecream in the freezer once in a while and not binge on it. Trying not to analyze too much but it's hard. Need to go eat my healthy dinner of a salad and slice of my grandma's lasagna then get to studying. Hope everyone is surviving the weekend OK :-)

~D~

p.s. this site has REALLY been helping me lately. If I don't log on for a week or longer, I do find myself binging more I think. so thank you for the support ladies :-)
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #72  

Height: 5'4"

Ok. DAY ONE.

(again)
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #73  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Foxxy- thanks, congradulations to you on 31 days! That's great!

I'm on day 7. I almost blew it today, I had such a craving for chocolate. So I asked my daughter if she would split a brownie w/ peanut butter icing with me. That helped, but I really wanted more. I don't know how much longer I can stand it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

On day 34! So far this week has been good. I have dessert here and there if I want, but still no pop and very little alcohol. My Aunt and Uncle has my sister and I over for dinner today to celebrate our graduations. they are my god parents and will be attending mine. they got us both 4 peice luggage! It was the nicest gift! I have nothing for traveling and was thinking of getting some for me. Oh and yesterday the bf and I went ring shopping! This apparently was the "official" ring shopping trip. So we will see

foxxy: I love your idea. Yes I will have a glass of wine...or maybe a martini! I'm getting shoes for my graduation...so maybe i'll take a trip to visit my grandmother in florida. That will be nice.

Well sorry to cut this short but we are heading to the store really quick and then study study study!

This challenge was amazing and you all did soo well! Congrats!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #75  

Height: 4'11"

Was at my boyfriend's all weekend. Did great - didn't binge. Avoided sweets and things I know would have sent me head-first into a bingeing tailspin. Really proud of myself that I was able to focus and not binge!

I kicked my upper-respiratory infection, so i am feeling much better than I've felt all week. I didn't exercise for 7 days because I felt so cruddy and I knew if I exercised it would strain my body more and prolong the time it would take to heal. Anyway - today I went on an hour-long walk, and it felt amazing. I think it's also amazing that after not working out for 7 days you can really feel how your level of physical fitness is affected! I am definitely in worse shape than I was 7 days ago...

Now I'm back home. Just have to forgo bingeing the rest of the night... im drinking flavored water now, and I think I will be fine for tonight.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote