Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #16  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Logic? Crazy Logic! Yeah I can do it well! I think I am beginning to look at is as a lie to myself. That I am truly being dishonest with myself. I don't know... this is one I am beginning to peel the onion skin off of...
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #17  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I wish I could throw the tempting foods out, but with a husband and toddler around I'm not the only one eating the foods that trigger me (and I shudder to think of my 2 year old deciding to get into the trash and eating a brownie or a cookie that's been coated with soap or detergent). I actually did not eat the whole container of fudge tho, and have been having a little piece each day as a treat (and still staying on plan in the process). Its a small victory, but I hope its the first of many such victories. Thanks for all the understanding, sympathy and advice. You girls are awesome!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #18  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie2010 View Post
I wouldn't even call what I do "logic" lol... I'll come up with the craziest reasons that I should indulge myself. It's a holiday, the last day of the month, the middle of a hard exam week, "This is a once in a lifetime chance to eat this particular flavor cake, I'll regret not eating it later," "I'm surrounded by my friends and family, I should just relax and have fun because they love me no matter what my size is," etc etc. The bottom line: I love eating junk foods in economy size amounts.
My favorite is "It's Monday!" or "It's Friday".

To the original OP, I too EAT.IT.ALL to get it out of the house to not tempt myself. On the other board I participate on 100lb club....some people have advocated for putting stuff like that in the sink and running water on it or putting it right in the trash. Can I be honest and say...depending on how it fell in the trash...without totally destroying it...that might not keep me from eating it! (I once threw a bag of Oreos in the garbage and then retrieved them the next day).
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

PartTimeHippie wrote: "Yep, I’ve used that same argument myself for as long as I can remember. . ."

". . . After the treat is in the trash, there’s still the larger issue of learning to develop a healthier relationship with food, trusting yourself to enjoy a little each day if you’d like instead of feeling the need to obliterate the enemy before midnight."

WOW! PartTimeHippie, your response describes exactly what I am making efforts to learn and better manage

Often I've vowed after planning to binge on the last inventory of some "goodie" that I'd purge the cupboards and refrigerator from any risky foods, only to obtain more of the same for one last hurrah. It was a vicious cycle of eating, and it never delivered the satisfaction promised.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #20  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

OMG I am glad I am not the only one that does this. After Christmas I went nuts on the candy because I needed to "get rid of it"

I have been strong and thrown away bad food, but candy is what gets me.. fudge would be killer!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #21  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

And THAT explains why I go through so much chocolate ice cream! I wasn't completely aware that this is what I was thinking, but it's exactly what I was thinking.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #22  
Hoping for motivation

S/C/G: 267/258/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah i also think - i don't want to waste it but i'm going to eat better tomorrow to I'll get rid of it now. Think of it like this - don't waste your calories and health on eating the extra. Just pitch into the garbage, freeze, or regift like the ladies mentioned. one day at a time. Today i will eat better. leave tomorrow for tomorrow. Don't eat for tomorrow today.
DCeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

"Don't eat for tomorrow today"

That is one of the best lines I've heard in a while to help me through today... Thank you!!! It just amazes me that I am not alone in my thinking... my rationale...my emotions... I actually made a triple chocolate cake with my 5 year old a few months ago... he had a piece...i had a HUGE piece... and my victory??? I threw out 3/4 of a cake...in the garbage... then put other garbage on top of it... did i overeat - yes... did i eat the entire cake... NO!

Today is day 20... it doesnt matter that tomorrow will be day 21...only that today is day 20...thank you DCeattle
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

:My problem is with the foods I buy to help me lose weight. 100 calorie snacks are not my friend, especially the Chex Mix ones. I cannot eat just one of them, they are just too good. Every time I go to the grocery store, I tell myself not to buy them but they seem to come home with me anyway.[/SIZE]

Last edited by 2FatGranny; 01-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.
2FatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote