Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #46  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Wardhog - the only way I'm ever getting in a bikini is if I have some major, major plastic surgery done, this abdomen needs medical expertise...Good for you not giving into temptation! I just came back from a bar mitzvah and didn't mess up at all.

Hey Leigh! That's awesome not to eat those chips! Woohoo on the self control!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #47  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
It feels really good to be at a point where I don't mind wearing one. I actually bought a sexy black bikini, and the next step is to actually wear it in public. If I chicken out of wearing it to the pool this summer, I will definitely wear it to the beach this fall. No one knows me there!
Go on with your bad self! That's awesome, I bet you look HOT!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #48  
Walking away the weight

I lost my first 15!!!!! I am ecstatic about my first 15 lb loss. My reward will be a pedicure on Tuesday

Josephine . . . where are you????????? Isn't it DAY 100

Miriam - WTG at the bar mitzvah

Day 14 . . .

DS and I are going to the zoo today. Should be fun. Also, I could not walk this morning because DH left very early again. But I will either dance or walk if it is cool enough when he gets home.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #49  
Keep Chuggin'

Leigh - 15 pounds, YIPPEE~~~!!!

And you're right - Josephine - isn't today 100??

34 for me! I'm beginning to feel cocky and want to stop counting
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #50  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Josephine! day 100! Congratulations!

Leigh - 15 pounds! woo-hoo!

Miriam - 34 days! you rock!

Today is day 5 for me, but if you look at it a different way, I have been binge free for 67 of the last 70 days. Still pretty good, no?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #51  
Michelle the Vegan

Whoo congrats everyone, lots of milestones today!

Today is indeed 100 days ON PLAN for me, yippppeeeeeeee!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #52  
Keep Chuggin'

WTG Josephine!!!

Tell you the truth - got a little nervous for you when you didn't mention it yourself!

How are you celebrating the century?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #53  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Congrats Josephine!!! TRIPLE DIGITS
Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

How admirable! 100 days is really something to be proud of Way to go.

I've decided to stop counting day to day because it's not for me, I'm always having to check the calendar and count. But I know the last time I started (June 7) so I'll refer to that in the future if I need to. I had chips and chocolate today but they were planned, and not a lot. I needed a treat after 2 weeks straight of OP-ness - but in the future I should have healthier treats.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

I am sorry to keep this so abrupt but am getting swamped at work. Congrats on everyone on their milestones! That is so great.
Today is day 9 for me-- sort of. We had people over for dinner yesterday and I ate way too much. I used up most of my WW points for the day and used up all of my 35 weekly points. But I planned to do that and I am keeping my diet light and with lots of water.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #56  
Walking away the weight

Miriam- LOL! I think you have earned the right to not count You can be more like Mongoose LOL.

WardHog - 67/70 is so awesome!

Josephine- I hope you are off celebrating somehow!

Mongoose- hi there! I indulge a bit too as long as it is within my points and I am otherwise eating healthy foods. This actually helps keep me from feeling deprived and keeps me on track more I think.

Hi, desigirl Well, they say that is what those bonus points are for, right?

I made chocolate chip bread tonight (I know, I know!). I made it because I am making some brunch tomorrow morning for the family. We had some of it for dessert tonight and I had a planned slice. Then, I was tempted to have another slice, but I reminded myself that I was actually quite full and stopped. This was a bit of a victory for me
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #57  
Michelle the Vegan

Wow Leigh, way to go control the chocolate chip bread! I *STILL* couldn't have something like that in the house!

I had a nice Day 100 yesterday and hung out with the DH and took a great (albeit HUMID) run after dark!

So IRONICALLY, a good part of Day 100 was spent in the grocery store struggling against the urge to buy a package of "Newman O's" (just like Oreos except vegan, organic and yummier).

I saw them from across the aisle and I heard their sweet siren song. I casually wandered over to the display and began reading the back of the package. Two cookies = 130 calories. Plenty of sugar and fat -- they are COOKIES for cripes sakes. But I put them in the cart anyway thinking, "I'll have 2 on the weekend as a special treat, I can spend 130 calories for a treat on the weekends!"

I took them out of the cart and put them back on the shelf thinking, "Why would you introduce 130 calories of nutritionally void sugar and fat to your diet now? You shouldn't "treat" with food!".

In the cart, "I deserve them! I want them!"

Out of the cart, "You'll overeat them, you don't need them, it's a bad habit to start eating junk calories now!!!"

In the cart, "Chocolate mint creme flavor, MUST have! Want, want, WANT!"

Out of the cart, "You should eat fruit instead! You haven't eaten anything remotely like a cookie in over 100 days, don't start NOW you idiot!"

In the cart, "I can control myself, I SWEAR! I promise not to wolf down a whole row in the car on the way home! Belieeeeeeeeve me!"

Out of the cart, "STOP THIS THEY WILL TRIGGER A BINGE!"

Then I left the store. WITHOUT the damn cookies and WITH some strawberries, which I ate later and really enjoyed. It just goes to show you, even after 100 days I can still have a monumentally ridiculous struggle with myself. I stood with those cookies for AT LEAST 20 minutes. I mean seriously, that's just unreal. And of course NOW I'm very. very glad I didn't get them. A whole package in the house spells nothing but trouble for me. But man, there are days when it is HARD!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-21-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #58  
Walking away the weight

Day 15.

Good morning all Any big weekend plans for all y'all (yup, sometimes my Southern states location slips out).

Josephine- I love how you described your battle with the cookies! Too funny.

I don't know why, but somehow I can have items like the chocolate chip bread in the house and be okay. I know it is different for everyone. I think it is more that I eat in response to emotional triggers, eating even when I am full, and eating alone as a huge "release." So for me it is more of a struggle to learn how not to respond to every other emotion with food; how to recognize and respect my body's fullness signals; and how not to take so much pleasure in eating alone.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #59  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's day 6 for me. I had a kick butt workout this morning so I'm feeling the endorphins right now. Speaking of the bikini, I put a photo in my profile. It probably won't stay up for long.

Leigh, you seem to be really making some connections between your eating habits, emotions and triggers. With that awareness, your weight will never come back on. Congratulations! By the way, I am a southerner, too (in the Atlanta suburbs) and I like to let the occasional y'all slip in, too.

Josephine, good for you for resisting those cookies. I, too, would be unable to have just one or two. Hmmm ... I don't think I could have chocolate chip bread around either.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #60  
Keep Chuggin'

Wardhog - you look FABULOUS!!!! I haven't owned a bikini since I was 6 years old. My grandmother sent me one (also black) and I wore it to swimming lessons. In my group there was me and 4 boys. We were learning how to dive into the pool. I guess what comes next is expected - right? I dove in, lost my bottoms, and never wore a bikini again!! Anyway - I wouldn't wear one now even if I had one. I actually thought about buying a bathing suit last week. I tried a few on but they had no support and therefore didn't look much better than the maternity one I have now, so why invest the money-??

Josephine - I was watching the biggest loser and the trainer had introduced 100 calorie packs of junk and I was like - wow, isn't that cool? I could go for that! and then I stopped myself and said - "THANK GOD they dont have them here! What a tricky thing!" I could just see myself eating "just another 100 cals... " AND "just ONE more,,," Anyway - good for you and those cookies. You're worth more than that!

Leigh - my southern self often pops up. I miss it - I would much rather say I was born in Texas than California!!!!

As for me - I made it though another Saturday - which for me is far the worst. I was feeling under the weather in friday <still am> and didn't bake like I usually do, so for dessert I served watermelon <first time this year that we had it> and I got lost of gains: no cake temptation, got to actually have dessert, and have a fruit as well <which I don't do naturally>, never mind the fact that it's healthier for the rest of my family too, and my parents <who eat with us every saturday> who don't eat sugar could have dessert too. Win-win!
Closed Thread