Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #16  
Walking away the weight

I just completed day 10!!! A small goal for me I am pretty happy right now.

Worleygirl- I am so looking forward to bed tonight! Hope you get some rest too.

Darlene - those are some great steps I think. This week I have been tying to be more aware of hungry/full signals regardless of how many points I do or don't have left for the day.

JennyMom- hi there! Nice to meet you.

moony- ohhh I love that reward- a pedicure is on my list of potential rewards LOL.

Sorry, WardHog. But definitely let us know what the gym tells you!

desigirl - hooray for day 6! My reward is a scrapbooking tool I have been wanting for a while

I had this strange realization today. My in-laws are in town and I got a call that MIL was on her way over to see us. We get along fairly well and don't have any major issues - there have been some small things over the years, but nothing horrible. But, from the time I heard she was coming over through the first few minutes of her arrival, I had this sudden urge to binge. And all of a sudden I was so aware of it. I told myself to listen to my stomach, not my emotions. I am not even sure why her coming over was a trigger, but I found it interesting.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #17  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone

I'm such a dummy - I was still posting on the previous thread and wondering where everyone was. Duh. We go by the lunar calendar here so I wasn't even aware we were starting a new week....

well I ACED this month - I'm on day 31 - how cool is that?

I actually had a personal victory yesterday - after having a really rotten day, I hadn't been very hungry the whole day and had stayed far below my calorie intake, and I had exercised twice, so I thought I could have something a little calorie heavy. I made a dip with sour cream and was going to go for a bad of my favorite corn chips (the whole bag is 317 calories) and I am the type of person who likes to FINISH things. You know - a plate of food, a pot of soup, a tray of potatoes, you get the picture Anyway - I saw that there was a bag of chips in the cabinet that was already open, so I took that one (victory #1) and then I ate my dip with the chips, and there was still about half a bag left, and I DIDN'T EAT IT, and I PUT IT BACK!!!

Today I see the dietitian, and I'm going to take my measurements as soon as my DH finally gets the kids out of the house off to school!!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #18  
Keep Chuggin'

Measurements:

4 weeks ago / 2 weeks ago / today:

Chest: 38" / 36.5" / 35.5"! down an inch
Waist: 43" / 42" / 40.5"! Down an inch and a half!
Hips: 45" / 43" / 42"! Down an inch!
Thigh: 23" / 24" / 23"! Down an inch!

Well that looks good! I know my behind/hips are smaller because I have this stool I like to sit on and it has sides to it, and recently I was too fat and getting stuck. Not anymore!

3 cheers for no binging and staying OP!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #19  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam101 View Post
3 cheers for no binging and staying OP!!!!!!!
Hip hip hurray! Literally hip hip HURRAY!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-17-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #20  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

desigirl, miriam, Leigh - way to go!!! I binge whenever my in-laws are involved. They come to visit and stay a week. I can usually manage the first three days or so, then it becomes a free for all. Great job recognizing the trigger and resisting.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Awesome Miriam. You showed those chips who's boss
Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #22  

Back to day 1
Old 06-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #23  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda View Post
Back to day 1
Hang in there!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #24  
Keep Chuggin'

Thanks for all the nice words, guys!

Okay - I don't know which thread to even post this.

I am so proud of myself today. not only did I do 5 miles, I went to the dietitian and my BMI is 29.7 - - - - I am OVERWEIGHT!!!!!

<my annoyingly naturally thin spouse does not appreciate the value in the about statement >

i am happy about ME. Day 31 ROCKS.

I do have high cholesterol and high blood sugar and low hemoglobin and dangerously low B12. she suggested a B12 injection, and then to take pills. Funny enough - she said the clinical symptoms of low B12 are tingling in fingers <check>, depressions <check> and forgetfulness <super check>. If all the aforementioned ailments are just from a B12 deficiency - I will be one happy momma.

mazda - i think day 1 is the hardest. chin up - you can do it!

wardhog and leigh - I hear ya on the in-law issues.

desigirl - you have almost a week! woohoo!

josephine - how many more till 100?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #25  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
I do have high cholesterol and high blood sugar and low hemoglobin and dangerously low B12. she suggested a B12 injection, and then to take pills. Funny enough - she said the clinical symptoms of low B12 are tingling in fingers <check>, depressions <check> and forgetfulness <super check>. If all the aforementioned ailments are just from a B12 deficiency - I will be one happy momma.
As a vegan, I make extra effort to get B12 and I use nutritional yeast that is fortified with B12 to make sure I get enough. It is very tasty, I use it like someone might use Parmesan cheese. You could maybe get some of that and use it going forward to make sure you get enough?

Quote:
josephine - how many more till 100?
I'll hit 100 days binge-free and on plan on Friday, whoo hoo...

Congrats on the lower BMI, whoo hoo!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-17-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

I'm glad this thread is open for the week .

So I wrote in last week's thread that I caught the flu (heaven knows from where...) on Friday and was battling it the whole weekend so I couldn't exercise much. Yesterday I was feeling completely better, but decided I'd take it easy anyway just for one more day. I did do some light pilates and planned on yoga in the evening but didn't get to it (my fault - I've been experimenting with amino acids for the depression and took too many, which led to feeling not quite "with it" and developed a headache). So I thought, ok, today is Tuesday, I'll finally get back to my routine, because it really has been helping me with my mood.

So what happens? Early this morning, TOM comes around. And I haven't had TOM for 6 weeks, so I'm late and it's a heavy and painful one. Needless to say, no exercise for me today .

I'm a bit annoyed because I feel like I finally got into a good exercise routine and I actually started to enjoy it and didn't want a break. But maybe my body is trying to tell me I need a break, since I was doing a lot of exercise (to give an idea: 60 minute walk 5-6/week, 20 min pilates 2-3/week, 30 min abs workout 2-3/week, 40 yoga 5-6/week).

I did get some wonderful news this morning, though. I may have mentioned in previous binge threads that I'm now looking for work teaching online after having a year and a half of trying to figure out if I wanted to do a PhD or not (decided not, but to teach instead, since that's what I enjoy doing). I do have one job but it's part-time, a sort of as-need basis, so it's not completely stable, and no benefits.

So today I got an email from a place that does online tutoring and they liked the sample that I sent them and want to pursue it. From the questions they emailed me, I may even be starting a training next month. I was hoping they would like me because this is a bit different from what I've been applying for - the pay is hourly, but I can go for more hours, which might mean benefits, and it's more stable (i.e., not as-need but more permanent). It's also tutoring rather than teaching, which is a bit differently. I sometimes feel like I love teaching but hate being a teacher - i.e., giving grades, having "authority" rather than just being able to help students through without having to worry about them trying to please me. So I'm really excited about this opportunity and I'm hoping it works out. If it does, by Sept, with this and the job that I already have (not to mention another as-need-basis type of teaching job that I'm going into training for next month) I should have enough work to be financially stable, at least for a while.

Sorry for the long post! Right now, what I actually need to watch out for is the celebratory binge that I'm used to doing. I want to keep on track and try to "celebrate" in another way (like a book - I love buying books!)

Hope everyone is doing well this week!

Tam
Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #27  
Walking away the weight

Hello all! Day 11 for me.

Miriam- that is so awesome how you handled the chips and dip! on your new measurements!

Quote:
I binge whenever my in-laws are involved.

mazda.

Quote:
I'll hit 100 days binge-free and on plan on Friday, whoo hoo...

Tammy- how cool about the job possibility.

Vak- I am happy you made a good food choice for your craving.

Oh my - I was so on plan today. But really it is because I was extremely busy! Do any of you have an Aldi grocery store near you? It is a German store and very inexpensive - with much more of a European selection - limited and basic. I tried it for the first time today and saved about $50 on weekly groceries! I had to get about $30 worth of stuff in a normal store, but saving $50 off my weekly bill is awesome.

For dinner something amazing happened. I measured out my portion and put it on my plate. But then I noticed I was not very hungry. So, I ate only 1/2 and was very full and satisfied - totally able to stop!

Last edited by Loveliam; 06-17-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #28  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I haven't binged in months, but about an hour ago I ate 2/3 of a box of No-Pudge brownie mix. I'm not really sure what prompted me to do it, but I stopped before I finished the rest. I feel surprisingly non-guilty.

I took in about 1000 calories (minus the milk!) I guess I have no choice but to do my evening bike ride and start over tomorrow morning!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

Woohoo!!! (Is that how you spell it?) Today is day 7 for me! This is huge simply bc it means I made it through a weekend without binging. Now the next step is to focus on next weekend, esp since DH and I have a dinner to go to on Fri and I am going over to a girlfriends house for movies and unhealthy food on Saturday.

Miriam-- awesome job-- on hitting 31 days, on the measurements

Mazda-- day one for me is the hardest bc it's the easiest time to say I can start tomorrow. Just hang in there and you will make it.

Josephine-- 100 days on fri-- what are your plans to celebrate? That is so inspiring!

Tammay-- listen to your body and rest when you need to. And congrats about the email

Vak-- since I love and am pretty much addicted to mango, you have my sympathies And this time of year, esp in Pakistan and India, the mangoes are soooo good.

Leigh-- Yay for you for stopping when you were full

Drina-- those No-pudge brownies are addictive, aren't they? That is why I only let myself make one at a time.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #30  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

desigirl, way to go! What's your plan for handling Saturday?

No-Pudge brownies are indeed addicting, but I knew when I pulled the box from the cupboard that I would eat the whole thing (nearly, anyway). I fully intended to binge today. I can't really explain why... there was something in my head that just went off and decided to do it even though I've had no desire to binge at all for months. But I also don't feel out of control right now either... like I got it over with and I'm done now, back to my schedule.

I just got back from my bike ride and I feel okay. A little full from all the brownies I ate earlier, but okay. Six months ago I would have felt so terrible for doing this, but right now I don't. Weird! But good!
Closed Thread