Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #31  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

good morning all. I had a bad night. It started about 11 pm. when my wife made snacks for my son and I ( i was helping him study all day for fiinal exams). i had too many snacks. went to bed, woke up about 2 am and raided the fridge. I'm not proud of myself. woke up this morning feeling terrible, just hoping to make the day without binging again. At 2 am i didn't even realize what i was doing until i devoured a pint of icecream, pkg of yodels, several cookies, and a muffin. Going out to dinner tonight to celebrate daughter's middle school grad. and end of my son's finals. I hope to salvage the day. thanks again for reading. I hope everybody has a great day. matt
Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #32  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hang in there Matt, you can get back on track today! Night-time eating is just the worst, isn't it?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #33  

Matt-it happens to all of us...just start fresh today and try to stay positive.

Day 2 for me... The first day really is the most difficult.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #34  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I agree, the first day is the hardest. Today will be day 3 for me. We're going to a birthday party but I don't feel the least bit tempted.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #35  
Walking away the weight

Day 12.

Drina

desigirl - good for you to make it through a weekend!

Matt- don't beat yourself up too much - it sounds like you are ready to get back on the wagon.

mazda - here is to day 2!

Josephine- hope your day is great today.

This week I have started to notice that I am feeling full and I stop eating when that happens, which sometimes means I use up less points than before. I certainly do not want to eat when not hungry as that is what got me in this predicament to begin with LOL. But Weight Watchers does not want me losing more than 2 lbs per week, so when I do not eat all my points that tends to happen.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #36  
Walking away the weight

So I just ate lunch, but was still feeling hungry. SO I set a timer for 10 minutes to see if I am still hungry after it goes off.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #37  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

THAT'S a cool idea, Leigh! I'll remember that the next time I think maybe I'm hungry - when I know I shouldn't be.

I went out to dinner tonight with DH and it was hard, but I made sensible choices. I had shakshuka (is that even a work in the states??) and a very small piece of the ww roll, the order came with fresh salad which I ate, and I had a banana, strawberry,date shake thing - milk-based, no sugar. and even though the meal came with a hot drink too - I didn't get one becaus eI know I didn't need it.
I'm feeling a bit more full than I should, but not stuffed. And here's to forgoing hot chocolate!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #38  
Walking away the weight

Eeeek! The in-laws are coming over again and I soooooooo want to binge on something - anything! Especially if it is chocolate.

But I won't. I won't I won't.

Yikes. I really need to investigate the in-law-binge conection!

WTG on the no hot cocoa, Miriam!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Hi Everyone,
Sounds like everyone is doing great .

I'm proud of myself because I did not give in to my habitual "celebratory" binge yesterday because of the email. Instead I decided to take some "me" time and did something I hadn't done in a while - do the "cafe" thing with my writing (I'm working on a novel right now). So I went to the university Starbuck's, which is in a Barnes and Noble. As I was passing through the B&N to get to the S, my eye caught a 75% clearance bin with a bunch of classic novels in it. I LOVE classic novels and although I hadn't planned on buying any books, I couldn't pass it up. So I bought a bunch of classics at a great price .

I was tempted to get a treat at Starbuck's but the barista mentioned sugar free syrups and I was able to get a sugar free caramel soy latte which was delicious and not going out of my eating plan.

I'm feeling for the first time that I'm starting to get a grip on my binge eating again and that I can really do this (this being not binge every weekend).

Tam
Old 06-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #40  
Walking away the weight

Day 13 begins.

Hooray on handling the email, Tammy! That is so awesome. What kind of novel are you writing? I write too, but non-fiction.

To deal with my in-law craving, and also to take an edge off my hunger so I would not overeat at dinner, I ate an apple with cinnamon sprinkled on it and a tiny bit of crushed pecans mixed in.

I cannot walk this morning because DH left early for a business trip. Also, I peeked at the scale this morning and think I may have reached a slowing point after my initial 6 week big loss. I did expect this though - I know weight loss slows and it becomes more work. But we shall see in the morning what happens.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #41  

day 3...woo hoo!! I feel like it gets easier everyday b/c i don't want to start over at day one again...hahaha
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #42  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Day 99.... tomorrow is a landmark day for me, yay!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #43  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Josephine -

LANDMARK?! It's one of the seven wonders of the earth!!

We should throw you a virtual 100 party - make a big "over the 100 hill" cake of seitan, decorated with carrot confetti

Wardhog - how did the party go?

Leigh - LOL "in-law craving" - haha!!!! good for you on the apple and cinnamon! sounds delish!

Tammay - good for you rewarding yourself with things other than food. I heard someone the other day say something so smart - she said - if you were stopping to smoke, would you reward a success with a cigarette?

WTG Mazda! you're doing GREAT!!!

I'm on day 33. OP and no binging. I went to exercise this morning and it just wasn;t going, my thigh hurt and I was so tired.. I was a little disappointed because the last few days I was doing so much, but this afternoon TOM came and explained my blah-ness.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #44  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Josephine, you rock!!!

You, too, miriam - day 33 is awesome!

Leigh and Tammay - way to be strong!

Keep it up, mazda!

I am on day 4 - I wasn't even tempted at the party yesterday. Well, I was tempted, but not enough to actually eat anything. I had my normal breakfast and worked out before I went (the party started at 10:30), then ate lunch when I got home at 2:00. It was a pool party, and you know what? Last year I probably would have made an excuse not to go, because I didn't want to wear a swimsuit in front of people. It feels really good to be at a point where I don't mind wearing one. I actually bought a sexy black bikini, and the next step is to actually wear it in public. If I chicken out of wearing it to the pool this summer, I will definitely wear it to the beach this fall. No one knows me there!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #45  
Walking away the weight

Josephine I cannot wait to congratulate you tomorrow for your hard-earned success.

Miriam- day 33 is nothing to scoff at. I also get exhausted during TOM.

WardHog- I cannot wait until I am at the same point with wearing a swimsuit! I am definitely not there yet. But force myself to wear one at times if DS wants to go to the pool.

I got a sub and baked chips for lunch today. When I finished the sub, I was full and did not eat the chips - a small miracle in my book.
Closed Thread