Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ June 16 - June 22

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Going for it!

I've taken a break from posting on 3fc because I've been having a very hard time losing weight (due to the "b" word). Anyway, I just happened to breeze through here tonight and I saw this post on the forum and I'm deciding to take this as a sign and an opportunity to try to go binge free for any length of time. I've only been able to manage a few days at a time for the past 6 months or so. So this is going to be a big challenge. But I love the idea, and I'm going for it. One week binge free! Here I go! I know I can do it if I decided to do it: I just have to say it over and over again. I will be binge free for one week, one day at a time!!! Thanks for a great posting!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

i hope everybody had a great weekend. Tammay, hope you are feeling better, summer flue is the worst. Thank you Leigh ,Miriam, Mazda, for your kind words this past week. Anybody every see the movie Airplane. I love the part when Lloyd Bridges says it was a bad week to give up drinking, cigarettes, pills, drugs, etc. It reminds me of this new week. I have many challenges. Daughter graduating middle school ( going out to eat to celebrate) and working with my son on his high school final exams (always stressful). It certainly helps putting my thought in print. Wishing everybody a successful week. thanks again, matt
Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Day 10 begins I am excited because if I make it through the day, I can buy a small reward!

summersunshine - welcome! I look forward to getting to meet you.

Vak - I agree with you. I know posting here keeps me much more honest with myself.

Matt- try your best to take the week one day at a time - that helps me a lot.

I do not have a huge amount planned today. Possibly some errands with DS. Oh! I have discovered my summer dream drink: a light, Starbucks Mocha Java Chip Frappuccino . Only 3 points in this delectable cup of goodness
Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

well, I'm back on day 1...didn't quite make it a week. Not to get too detailed, but I got my period this morning and I was PMSing so bad last night and couldn't tear myself away from the chocolate/ice cream!!! Do other people find "that time of the month" really difficult?

Back to day 1....I will make it 1 week binge free....thats my first "small" goal.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Iknow what you mean Mazda...I need to use every ounce of my willpower during that time of month.
I wish everyone a good week!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/180/170

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies, it has been a few days since I have been on here. Things have been very stressful and I have been PMSing so needless to say things have not been good! So I am back to day one and I am struggling big time. I think something in my body is out of whack or something I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open! I have no energy whatsoever I just want to go home and go to bed, but hopefully I can make myself go to the gym tonight. I am sure it is just the time of month it is.

Well good luck ladies, and back to 1 for me!!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Leigh -- I know you will get yourself that gift!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Mazda- at least you came back and started over - give yourself credit for that I restart at day one all the time! Oh and TOM is horrid for me too.

worleygirl25- I am extremely tired today too, but have no earthly idea why. Hmmm - maybe we both have sleeping sickness

Thank you, Josephine!

I made myself some espresso because I can barely keep my eyes open! I have no idea why.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/180/170

Height: 5'11"

Loveliam, it is so weird isn't it!!! I ended up drinking an energy drink and that seems to be helping a little, but I could still crawl up and go to sleep!! Oh well I am going to make myself workout tonight I have to I have gained all my weight back I lost while I was not binging so here we go again to lose that same stupid five pounds...lol. Oh well I can do it!! Hope you get to feeling more awake also...this is so strange!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  
Learning to love ME!

Hi, everyone! I hope all is well. This week, I think I'm going to work on emotional eating issues. I don't think I had a binge this past week, but I definitely emotionally overate. I really want freedom from more than bingeing--I want to be free from emotional overeating. My goals this week are:

1.Try to cut out sweets to see how I feel.
2.Cut down on caffeine.
3. Become aware of hunger: am I eating this because I am hungry? Am I full yet?
4. Continue meditation, journalling, and exercise.

Good luck to all!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #12  
Live from Red Sox Nation

S/C/G: 154/146.7/120

Height: 5 ft 3

I don't think i've ever gone a week without a binge, so this is a nice challenge for me..I'm in..My weakness is potato chips/salty things..Lets see how I do
Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #13  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm so ready for this week! I'm not going to be stuffed or uncomfortably full once.

Loveliam, I love how you reward yourself for binge-free weeks! I think I'll do that, too. Moony gets a mani/pedi if she stays healthy until the 22nd.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #14  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I had a disappointing day yesterday. Today was back to day 1 for me. I am still really white-knuckling it, too. It will be easier tomorrow, right?

One thing that is keeping me out of the pantry is that I signed up for a free fitness assessment at the gym. I am sure it will include getting on the scale and the dreaded calipers test. I am curious to see how much has changed since the last fitness assessment when I joined the gym 2 1/2 years ago.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

I was MIA this weekend but did ok. Today is day 6 for me although it was close yesterday

Welcome sumersunshine-- posting here does keep you more accountable.So post away!

Vak-- good for you for not staying away

Matt-- good luck with all of the challenges you seem to be facing this week.
Loveliam-- I am going to have to try the light java chip-- I usually get the light mocha frapp which is also pretty good. And I also love the idea of rewarding yourself-- haev you decided what your reward is going to be?
Mazda-- that TOM is also really hard for me; there are months where I win that mental battle and months where I don't
Worley- I hope your energy level picked up. I think I have had 3 cups of coffee today to try to stay awake.
Closed Thread