Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #46  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Ok yesterday I ate 2 lean cuisines for lunch instead of 1, plus 3 granola bars, and 100 cal snack. Since I'd already eaten 1400 calories at that point, I thought to myself that I won't eat anymore. HA! We all know what happens next.......I ate a whole bag of soy chips and went to BK. Wasn't even hungry. Then sent my hubby to the store for some twix bars. I ate 2 king size pkgs!!! I didn't exercise either. I felt completely pathetic and disgusting! I think I put on some weight from it too! Which I totally deserve!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #47  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

My big downfall was a 2-week cereal binge. My weakness is definitely junkie cereal. After every meal I would sit down to a big bowl of Lucky charms or reese's peanut butter puffs. I hate how much I love cereal... it really gets to me- if it's in the house I litterally crave it from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed and I can never have enough.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs down

Yesterday, I binged ALL day...it began at breakfast, when I was making my omelette and started nibbling on cheese...I was just like, "I'm already bingeing so to speak, so let's go." There were moments during the day when I paused and went, "Do I really want to do this?" Parts of me would say NO! Then the other part said YES! I hated being at school where I couldn't eat to my heart's content, and I was moody with my sister and boyfriend. This morning, I'm tired and feeling like crap...as usual.
Today...I am BACK on track! I ate my soup, yogurt and banana at lunch. I visited the grocery store for essentials and walked away junk free...
For the sake of accountability, I am writing down EVERYTHING that I ate yesterday. I feel so ashamed to post this! BUT I hide it from EVERYONE else, and I'm NOT doing that here. I believe that being honest here, if nowhere else, will help me to get a grip.

6 slices of bread with margarine
Two eggs with mushrooms and green pepper
5 slices cheese
Two 4-packs of sesame snaps
1 small pkg M&M's
1 container yogurt
Banana
Half pkg of Bistro Express rice
Half can tuna with mayo
Corn
1 pkg cheese puffs
Granola bar
2 Reese's p butter cups
2 HUGE bowls butterscotch swirl icecream
1 pkg of chipotle almonds
1 cheese sandwich - bread, two slices cheese, and mayo
About 5 slices more cheese
4 glasses fruit wine
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

today and yesterday, I had half a jar of peanut butter, 8 oz. almonds, a whole bag of light bread because I needed something to go with the peanut butter, 8 oz. of cheese, also there was pizza and chocolate.

Every now I then I bring nuts and nut butter home, always the same outcome ... I neeed to learn...
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

Height: 5'7"

I'm so upset with myself right now. I've been looking forward to getting into the 250s since I started seriously turning my eating habits around. This morning I get on the scale and YAY, I'm at 259.5. What do I do? I get a big plate of leftovers from lastnight and start eating. Now I'm sitting here with my belly bulging and feeling so mad at myself. And I still want to eat! AHHHHH!!!!!
MrsEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

i totally binged and im in florida! i said that i would eat healthy adn feel better since im in the beach weather and all that but now i feel crappy! im gonna try tommorow again! ill make my own binge free from Februrary 15 to February 29th!
nyk161616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #52  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

last night I went to the grocery store and got a chocolate cake and Fudge Rounds.

Went home and have one slice of cake and 2 fudge rounds (Somehow managed to put the stuff away before I finished it off).

This morning I woke up and dove into the chocolate again. After one piece and 2 fudge rounds I managed to throw the stuff away and put cat food on top of it (yes, I have taken things out of the trash before).
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I went to a movie, ate movie popcorn, ran to the bathroom and puked it up... shouldn't have done that. It tasted gross too. Imagine over 600 cal. Today I feel gross as well, bloated. I've been eating clean.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #54  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I'm so disgusted with myself. I just can't seem to get myself under control! So TODAY ONLY: I started out fine, I ate 3 waffles with I.C.B.I.N.B spray and low sugar jelly (barely any). (I did think I need to only be eating 2 waffles though). A rice cake with pb before my 50 minutes of cardio. Ate a lean cuisine pizza for lunch with a 100 cal snack. THEN............ all **** broke loose and I made tombstone pizza with heavy cheese with garlic bread crust. Then I ate 4 twix pkgs (so that's a total of 16 candybars). I feel so sick and disgusting. Why do I keep sabotaging myself???????
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

The past 4 days hasn't been good for me. Lots of binging on all kinds of stuff (wasa crackers and pears? I don't even crave these...but after eating all the cheese and peanut butter and started on everything else). More or less back on track today though. Hopefully it'll last through the week.
Good luck, ladies !
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #56  

Friday! I was doing great and had
steak and chicken veggie fajitas with guacomole and chips and sour cream (without the toritilla though)
2 scoops of frozen vanilla yogurt
3 brownies
1 minty with whip cream smoothie
3 long pretzals! yikers!
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #57  

rocker chic-keep trying you can do it! you sound just like me wen i binge

Last edited by nyk161616; 02-23-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I canít believe how much of what you all have written could have come from me:

Quote:
thought I was "cured" (okay, better at least)
Yeah, i've been posting on 3FC for a while now, and was so glad that I wasn't feeling the need to post about compulsive eating. It was a problem that I dealt with heavily through high school and college but felt it went away in the past few years...but the past few days, well, definitely not so good.

Quote:
I didn't workout because I am sick and now I just feel like a lazy pig.
that's exactly how i feel today. sick and bingey.

Quote:
The thing is, I started to acknowledge the fact that I WAS binging before I ate the food, and I did it anyways.
yep, me too. i say, "time to binge!" and then, I'm off...

Quote:
Then I drank too much alcohol before going to bed to "relax." I wrote it off as my "cheat" day. I used to cheat and cheat to the tune of gainiing back 20 lbs that I worked hard to lose. Last winter I ate entire pizzas and lots of burgers. And they don't call it Fat Tire beer for no reason! At least now if I binge it's usually just a day or two and I try to get back on track. Months of binging as I did again this late summer, doesn't work.
ok, this was just really helpful to put it into perspective. thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Having a really hard time. I'm at a low point in my life, and not sure what the future looks like and it's freaking me out. I'm sick right now, and the last couple weeks have seen me eating and eating and eating some more.
me too. relationship woes. major decisions coming up.

Quote:
I've pulled myself out of this before and I will again, but it's really hard right now. All I can think about is eating to numb myself, and what good will that do me?
I'm in the same boat

Quote:
the past two days courtesy of Trader Joe's
what is it about Trader Joes???

Quote:
What I did notice is after 5 binge free days the binge was filling. I had to stop. Most times when I binge I feel like a bottomless pit. I would have eaten more if my stomach would have allowed it.
Yes yes yes!! That is a major thing -- I remember entering into a theoretical pizza-eating contest with a dude in college, shamefully believing (based on some good hard evidence) that I could eat at least an entire pie in one sitting. The contest never happened (thank god), so I don't know if I could have done it, but these days, I KNOW I would get too full! This is a major change...

Quote:
Okay I've been bingeing since the last time I posted. What is that like 3 days straight? Its a blur.
me too. 3 days. Thurs, Fri, and today...

Quote:
I even think about what I am doing and just continue to eat. I don't know what is wrong with me. Why is a handful never enough.
how often do I ask myslef that?

Quote:
Seems once i make up my mind to binge.. it's all over.
What IS that?? It does feel like a real decision.

Quote:
I don't know why as it didn't taste that good and I even stood arguing with myself before eating it that I really didn't want it and I would feel bad afterwards but I still ate it.
yup.

Quote:
I'm joining! I recently had 3 weeks of binges (every day or so) and then 1 week of none... but starting last Friday, they came back!! From Friday - Monday, I definetely ate at least 3000 calories a day (because I was "normal" during the day and then ate like 1800 at night!!) and I counted the calories, watched my muscle definition become COVERED in fat, and now my digestive system is at a standstill... again...
thanks for the reality check. I'd just started seeing some definition...i don't want it to go away...

Quote:
My weakness is definitely junkie cereal.
me too!! i think maybe it's because i'm actually just thirsty, but want to binge instead of drink water...sort of like an ice cream binge (though I would rather a bowl of Capn Crunch than Ben and Jerry's any day!)

OK, so I realized a couple of things as I was responding to the above stuff. I had thought I was done bingeing, but the fact is that my weight has been up and down for the past few years, and I just haven't really been tracking my food, nor have I paid attention when I binged. But I was bingeing. I worked at a bakery and shovelled food into my mouth, but because I was constantly on my feet, I didn't gain so much...but since I've been posting on 3FC and counting points, I'm accountable again and my binges aren't all camouflaged anymore.

So anyways, what can I say about advice -- more than anything, I'd say post here. Keep track of your food. Other than that, there are volumes written about compulsive eating and how to contend with it -- what emotional holes are you filling with food? I personally haven't found any of the advice that helpful, but I suppose its better to read it than ignore it. Check out Oprah and Bob Greene, Geneene Roth, too (though I think I'm spelling her name wrong).

Good luck all! I've put away my foods for the day, gonna settle in with 0 point soup...(this is another thing I do -- "yeah, I'm eating a jar of peanut butter with pretzels, but after that, I'm DONE. No more. That'll be it for the day, doesn't matter it's 10 am!" pretty good trick, I fall for it every time!)

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #59  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

two 275 gram chips bags within two hours...Friday. Felt so groooooooooos. The day before two bars of chocolate, pack of hazelnut truffles, three bags chips...two small and one medium bag. boy can i chow down!

my weight went up to 144 but it's slowly making it's way down and I'm back at 142 lbs today...i have to find some way to shake the rest of that water weight away.

Last edited by journey2happiness; 02-24-2008 at 12:44 PM.
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #60  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

New to this section of the forum. I've done great for almost nine months, binging only about five times total. Now I've binged 6 of the last 7 days. Bad binges, too. Like 3,000+ cal binges. I don't know what to do, I'm going to gain back my 80ish pounds I just lost in no time if I don't figure out how to get control. I really really thought this behavior was a thing of the past and now it is far worse than ever.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote