Old 01-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #61  

I'm jumping right in here. Hi! I am starting Atkins/low carb tommorrow or returning may be a better word. I won't be doing phase 1, because honestly there is not enough on there I want to eat ,I know myself & I would be setting up to fail. So basically I am simply 'low carbing'. I am excited and committed and as the weeks go by I look forward to working towards my goal with you!
canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:27 AM   #62  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well dancing naked will have to wait I will burn the boobs on the fire after I drag them across the hot coals trying to dance ROTFLPIMP!!!

Making coffee time to roll here!!! going to fly my house starting today!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #63  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Sue~ Think maybe we could find you a fireproof bra??

Stacie & Kel~ I think that's a great idea!! When we drove home after talking about it, we passed the gym, and mr buff was standing in the window....that's what is not going to work!!

canne~ good going getting back to it!! and jumping right in, is about the only way.....so come on in, the water's warm

Kel~ how did your weekend go????????? inquiring minds want to know

Stacie~ the tape measure is tightening....thats great!!! Did you do a total to see how many total inches you have lost on your bits?

Time to make coffee and wake dh up. Im not sure what we are up to today, a walk at the mall...its raining (again) Have to see what the day brings Have a good one ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Good Morning

Sue We'll have to check ebay & see if those cones Madonna used to wear are available. They looked fireproof

Canne -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Stacie~ the tape measure is tightening....thats great!!! Did you do a total to see how many total inches you have lost on your bits?
Actually I hadn't because I wasn't sure how you calculated total inches lost...if it was from everything you had measured or only the major areas, waist, hips, thighs??? So, I'm guessing from your posts, that I add up all inches I've list? Hope you have a great day, whatever you decide to do!!

Have a great day everyone!
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #65  
Lovin' Life

I measured all the biggest bits totaled them, then just kept track. Its more for my own piece of mind. I measured bust, waist, that fat bit above the waist, the fat bit below the waist (baby leftover), butt, hips, each leg and each arm. Measure the next week, total 'em up and subtract from last week......almost always a difference in some place I measure. Thats the best part
Old 01-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #66  
Baby Steps

Sorry, can't catch up on personals. Had to pop in. Didn't realise that my updating weight for today is where I've been after the 1st week of January! ARGH! ok. Just really means I've got to stay away from soda. Either that--or majorly bump up exercise!! The cappuccino is put away (not gone, but after looking at the scale I really don't want it!) and explained to DH why I need to do w/out it. His reasoning was "it doesn't have many carbs" ...ah..but when you drink too MUCH of it, it adds up. So he understood then Donuts were calling me this morning. So I told myself if I was STILL hungry after my omelet (which I'm usually not) I'd have one. My youngest DD saved me from myself because SHE ate it Ok. Time to go give her a perm
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:51 AM   #67  

Quick flyby here - Melissa is home from SF as DMV is open this morning (only 1 saturday a month) and she needs to get her ID with her name change on it (her shrink suggested she drop SH's last name as part of her healing process)

Thanks for asking about last weekend, Robin. I have to say it was very nice - turned out just fine BUT I was as nervous as I have EVER been in my life! Geeezzzzeee, this dating stuff at 46 is not for the faint of heart! But that is over now and we are much more comfortable with each other. He is planning on taking me on a 4 day cruise in June when school lets out! I've never been on a cruise! NO ONE has ever taken me anywhere like that! I feel so special!

So - what is MY current motivation for LC & exercise? A CRUISE with my honey in 5 months!

Ok - gotta run, get that girl up and hit the road.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #68  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Spotdog
He is planning on taking me on a 4 day cruise in June when school lets out! I've never been on a cruise! NO ONE has ever taken me anywhere like that! I feel so special!
Kel
Kel that put a big huge smile on my face!! Its so nice to be treated like that, and Im so happy for you, you deserve it! ....and yes, Id say that was awesome motivation

Here is the poop on the gym.....dh wanted to go today, because he is working on monday. So off we went, 2 different ones, 1st one very new, and still pretty much under construction in places, but lots of equipment. 2nd one, alot older, but cheaper and alot more classes to attend, lots of equipment but cramped...seemed to be busier as well. 2nd one also had alot of ladies working out too! So now its just a matter of choice, because dh didnt seem to be against any of it. He knows I want this weight off by the heat of the summer, Im tired of fighting and constantly struggling. So...we'll see
Old 01-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #69  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Great with the DH/ gym Robin. MY DH really has no idea. he things the gym is too much like work and will not even think of it. (HHMM My membership is due next 2 weeks.) So I go with not a worry, Hint they now have many woment personal trainers. (it is expensive) I just know that that isa good motivation for me and a great kick in the butt. and i do not want to waste the money.

Kel a cruise?? How fantastic!!

Brenda I say if you wait long enough then it will be gone and well, great going!! doughnuts are one of my big down falls!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #70  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Hi girls!!!! Welcome to all the new faces, how awesome!!

Just droppin' in to tell ya that I'm still alive and OP My walking has dwindled down to nothing, I HAVE to start that again, what a terrible thing to quit doing. I'm also quitting the Yasmin, it's turned me into a mean, nasty wife with no sex drive, no energy and I've been on my period for THREE weeks!!!! So it wasn't the magic pill for me but oh well

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #71  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Sue~ I love your new avatar!!

Lacey~ its too bad it didnt do what it was suppose to. Now that I think of it, you havent been around here much since you started it right?

Its beautifully sunny here today so hopefully I'll get a nice walk in!! Not alot planned for today, I'll check back in later....have a great sunday ladies!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Sue - LOVE the new avatar Now you can dance over the fire with no worries .

Kel - a cruise with your sweetie sounds awesome. A cruise is one of my dream vacations.

Brenda - step away from the donuts & nobody will get hurt . How did DD's perm turn out?

Robin - what did you decide on gym wise? Thanks for the tip on doing the measurements. I'm such a goof, I was thinking what a PITA it would be to deduct the difference from each measurement rather than just adding the whole thing up . Your way is MUCH easier . Soooo, of course my weight for the 3rd week in a row is 173 (was 174 during the week, so 173 is good considering TOM is due any day now LOL), but my measurements dropped by
1", bringing my total inches lost since Nov. 28 (didn't measure the 1st week) to 14". It also brought my Body Fat % from 47.65 (Nov. 28) to 39.85% (today). I am totally doing the happy dance here finally breaking the "40's" in my BF% .

Have a GREAT day everyone!!
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #73  
Going to ONEderland

Robin,

Some advice on choosing a gym. I've belonged to two of them in the not too distant past. The first one I loved. It was right next to where I worked, and I could go right after work (which I did on a regular basis) and not too far from home. It felt like a luxury place. I'm sure there were people who paid a lot to belong there. There were racketball courts in the downstairs, a lap pool, women's and men's hot water bubbling pools (whatever those are called) a steam sauna and a dry sauna (within the women's locker rooms) tanning beds, a nice little restaurant, a babysitting area, rooms for classes for aerobics etc.

I mean it was nice. I loved the equipment they had for working out which is what I mainly used. Particularly they had a nautilus ab machine that I loved.

They had people to assist you develop a workout program and whenever you needed them you could ask for another appt. You could also hire them as personal trainers if you wanted for additional money. Every so often they had the type of "fat" measurement where they dunk you in water.

I loved going there and because it was convenietly located I went and often. It (for me) wasn't expensive either because I paid for it through my work in payroll deductions and I think the work place paid a part of it. They had 8 "corporate memberships" that different employees could take advantage of when someone else gave up that membership. So I think I paid something like 15 dollars a month for it and no sign up fee. Major deal and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

But I lost that job and later went and signed up with a different gym, and it was awful. It was too far away, hard to get to, once I was there I didn't much enjoy being there, they didn't have the same sort of equipment and service, older, less nice, less of a "pampered" feel to it all. And I wound up paying money out every month for something I rarely used. I was kind of glad when the place went under and I was let out of my contract.

So pick something you love. Pick something conveniently located. And look specifically for weight machines that you particularly want to use. Look also for a place that makes you feel good by being there.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #74  
TemporaryFatChick

Hi Canne, it's you and me girl! I restarted today after a few weeks hiatus. I'm going back to induction to clear the sugar and junk out of my system though. I figure I can do just about anything for two weeks, and there's actually a lot of variety if you're creative! Celery w/cream cheese, mashed cauliflower (fake mashed potatoes), cauliflower casserole w/bacon, sour cream and cheddar, greek salad, taco salad, etc. It is limited, but really, it's not too bad, and it not only jump starts you, it kills the cravings.

Kel, a cruise? I'm green! What a great goal to work for! Where are you going? I want to go on a low carb cruise

Lacey, I don't know what Yasmin is, but it looks like I don't wanna know LOL. Three weeks???? I hate having it for three days! I hope things get back to normal for ya soon.

Donuts? Ya know, it's a weird thing, I used to LOVE them, especially the lemon filled glazed, but when I was "on hiatus" I ate one and it didn't taste good - too greasy, and WAY too sweet. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the malted milk balls or homemade bread w/real butter!

I'm sad to say that I missed my first weight loss goal by 2 pounds I wanted to loose 30 pounds in the first three months of Atkins. I'm sure w/o my little "hiatus" I would have made it, so I'm not terribly discouraged, just a little disappointed. I DID loose almost 30 pounds in three months w/o starving and I've felt great, so I know now that this will work for me if I work it . I think for my next goal, I'd like to loose 35 pounds by my birthday on April 30. That may be too big a goal, I dunno, we'll see though, huh???

Tenn

Last edited by Tennessee; 01-22-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #75  
Lovin' Life

Tenn~ missing your goal by only 2lbs is still awesome!! 3 days on induction should take care of that! Good going, getting back on track

Stacie~ I seen your little monster thingy for the first time on the Chatelaine forums....too cool!

Sherry~
Quote:
Pick something conveniently located. And look specifically for weight machines that you particularly want to use. Look also for a place that makes you feel good by being there.
Very good advice, thankyou

time for my walk