Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #31  
Baby Steps

Robin: Step away from the hoho's and chocolate bars (if you even have them in the house). You're doing GREAT so keep up the great work! I'm SO confused. How do they get all that tea in a liquid pill form? And it has caffeine? What exactly is green tea supposed to do? And where would you order it online? Much appreciated

Sherry: That is awesome that you're meeting your goals so fast! And thanks for all the exercise information you've been sharing

I went and took a nap. Then ran my errands. I was going to exercise, but I think I'll wait until DH comes home and exercise with him. Then instead of the 1 mile I was thinking of doing, I'll HAVE to push myself to do the 2 mile. lol. I know--I said I was going to rest today. But it's like I HAVE to do it. If I don't, I'll kick myself and be back to being a lazy slug!! Water intake yesterday had to have come DANG close to "goal". I lost track of time AND amount. But I know I was slugging it down quite a bit. So did pretty good I'd say. Working on it today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckamundo
Christine~It's normal to feel guilty, we are mom's. Maybe break down the workout in 5 minutes time slots. This way you can head down after she gets sick or is even resting and workout real quick, check on her again then go back. Good luck w/it, hope she feels better soon and remember, you have to do this so you will be there for her years from now.
That is so true Bec that I have to be healthier for them in the future.. I just wanted you guys to know she wasn't still vomiting at this time.. she was just not feeling well.. I did end up doing my treadmill with her watching TV on the couch next to me....she was fine actually she was cute and told me "mommy you walk I will sit here".. she is a doll... So thanks all of you for the great words..

Christine
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbsmommy1:
GUESS WHAT!! I BOUGHT A BATHING SUIT!! For the first time in 12 years! It's a tankini and has bottoms and an optional skirt

It's the brown one here: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BWQ6DC
That is a CUTE suit Lacey... wtg on being able to get that... so cute.. I love tankini's they are my favorite....

Christine
Old 01-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Brenda~ you can get green tea in pill form!! I havent looked into it, because I find making and drinking the tea distracts me from wanting goodies. Ive even got a special cup for green tea (cuz it stains my other cups) You do what works right?
my daily vitamin has green tea in it... not sure how much or anything but I do know they are available in the vitamins or just a seperate pill..
Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryA
Yesterday I had a "ketosis headache" almost all day. I'm not sure what level of ketosis I'm at, probably a dark purple the way I've been feeling, and I know I should up the water to dilute it somewhat.
what is a ketosis headache??? Also you don't want your color to be dark purple?? I am so silly I just go by those strips and assumed that the darker the better...the more weight would come off.. is that not true?? Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #36  

Quote:
Yes Ive heard of it....its the exercise program I am doing now. I lost about 8lbs on it, but dropped an entire size! It's an intense workout, but very easy to do, and you dont have to spend all day in a gym to get the stuff done. I can handle 20 min of cardio! Even if it is all out suckin' wind cardio. Then you're done for the day

Im having one of those days I want to cuddle up wiht a big chocolate bar, and a box of hoho's!!!!! Im glad I told dh how I was feeling....he reminded me how I feel when I eat that crap. Doesnt stop me from wanting them, but it helped a little. Just one of those days I should have stayed in bed.

Im workin' up the gumpshin to go workout....dont want to do that either
Ohh that workout sounds awesome... is there a specific name for it?? please let me know. Thanks

Ohhh Robin that is an awful feeling when you want something so badly but you knokw you will feel even worse for eating it....Step back from the closet and go exercise.. .just knokw that you are not alone in your "wanting" but you will be sooo happy when you don't eat it... I am sorry though you are having a tough time today... ((((hugs))))
Old 01-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #37  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ if you google "benefits of green tea" you will find heaps of info. I just find making the tea to be distracting enough to keep away from other stuff.

I can say I have successfully managed to keep op this afternoon. I dont have any of that stuff in the house...I couldnt, I would eat it!! I had 2 cups of tea, and Im about to go make a 3rd....kinda like a crutch, but hey it works

Dh got our walk in at the mall, then thats it....Im waiting for the day to be over!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #38  
Lovin' Life

Thanks Chris the program is called body for life, if you look up body for life.com it has all the exercises explained in detail.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #39  

Quote:
Thanks Chris the program is called body for life, if you look up body for life.com it has all the exercises explained in detail.
Doing that now.. thanks so much
Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #40  
Lovin' Life

your welcome

Well Im feeling better, Ive eaten my supper, and made extra, so Im nice and full Thanks ladies....with you and my dh, I made it thru the roughest part of my day.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #41  
TemporaryFatChick

Hi Girls
I am so out of the loop! I can't believe I've been gone a whole month.

I can't begin to tell about everything that happened, except to say that God delivered a miracle and I'm still in shock. Amazing that you beg God for the moon, and then when he gives it to you you can't quite believe that it happened. The doctors said that when they took her off the respirator Mom would only breathe on her own for about an hour, then she'd die. Not only did she not die, she went home (with assistance from hospice) the next day. She's off the catheter, off Morphine, not in any pain, alert, walking, talking, able to go potty by herself, etc. I asked the pulminologist what's going on, and he just grined and shruged and said doctors don't know everything. I do though, God answered our prayers in a mighty way

Plan wise... ummmmmm...
There wasn't much at the hospital cafeteria that was OP, and to tell you truth, sometime during week two I just said the heck with it. I ate a few Christmas cookies and some candy, but it really didn't taste that good to me so I didn't eat much of it. I wasn't OP, I ate sandwiches, oatmeal, apples, oranges, stuff like that. I'll weigh in when I go back to work tomorrow morning, but since my clothes fit fine I don't think it'll be too bad. Now that I'm home I need to go grocery shopping and start back on induction - ewww, not looking forward to that.

It's good to be home, good to sleep in my own bed, and I'm looking forward to getting back into my comfy rut

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:15 AM   #42  
Going to ONEderland

Ketosis headache is when you just feel kind of weird. Like a headache just behind your forehead, but a dull ache, not sharp or intense, just nagging and annoying. I think for me it might partly mean that I haven't been drinking enough water. Dark purple sticks, can mean the same thing. With low carb you don't retain as much water, so you have to drink more and if you don't drink enough, the ketosis test strips get dark purple and you can feel kind of rotten.

Usually after you've been doing it awhile you don't get these icky feelings, unless you are a bit dehydrated or have been going really low on the carbs.

Body for Life is an AWESOME program. You really have to commit to it though. It isn't something you can just say 'I think I'll do this.' You have to decide in advance that you can last working out that much for 6 days a week for 12 weeks! I just couldn't do it and do Atkins at the same time, but I dropped a dress size when I did it too, and also dropped a LOT of fat and gained a lot of muscle. No weight loss, (I couldn't stick to any particular diet during that time) but lots of fat loss and lots of muscle gain. Based on my fat calipers I figured out that I probably lost about 15 pounds of fat and gained that much in muscle, but that was just a guess.

Those killer aerobics though... I'm not sure they need to be done in such an extreme way. Or maybe I just made them too extreme because I have a bad habit of trying to be a perfectionist. I do know I overdid them.

So Robin, did you find that when you did it you had a hard time seeing any real results during the first 5 weeks or so? I could not believe that you could work out that hard and not see any difference for that long a time! Then I read John Hussman's site and figured out that was normal and so hung in there. Then on the 6th week and thereafter I started seeing some definite changes. Was that true for you too?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #43  
Atkins Lover

Tenn~It is great news about your mom. YEAH!! Glad to hear from you. Robin was wondering about you and asking for you to pop in. That God is a wonderful being!! Good luck w/everything and w/all that you had going on, I'm proud that you didn't devour the whole plate of cookies, I would have.

Robin~Glad you are getting through. HUGS!!!! Each day will make it easier. Keep your eyes on the goal. I made some green tea yesterday, made it into ice tea, but it is a nice change from regular weather. Thanks for that reminder about green tea.

I am doing okay. Last night dh and I got into a huge fight and it just wasn't pretty. I didn't turn to food, but I also didn't get my 2 mile bike ride in or my reverse crunches (I normally do this right before shower and bed and last night I just cleaned and cleaned). I did workout earlier in the afternoon 45 minutes of aerobics. We still aren't really talking, well I should say I'm not talking to him. I don't want to get into the details but lines were crossed and I have been down this road w/him before and I just never thought I would see this side of him again. I am hoping to keep it together food wise and get in some exercise. DD's school canceled again today so I can do my shopping in town this am and take the kids out to lunch. Hopefully everything will work out here soon, I'm just not ready to go forth with any talks w/him right now. Well I'm outta here for now, have a good & OP day!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:33 AM   #44  
Baby Steps

Chris: How's it going?

Robin: WTG on staying on track! You're doing so awesome and I love listening to your advice

Tenn: OMG Thank you SO much for writing all that. It's great to see other proofs that God DOES provide miracles. I LOVE IT!! And I completely understand about the hospital food! Welcome back

Sherry: Thanks for all that information! I'd like to get into a weight program but don't have much available to me and can't afford a gym membership. I just have hand weights and a barbell here. But I do what I can...just need to be more organized about it and get into some type of routine. I DEFINITELY would love to drop a dress (if I wore them ) size!!

Well, DEFINITELY need to give up the cappuccino. I think that's why the scale's not going down. And I can't tell by the fit of my clothes as my jeans are stretch material. So I'm planning Saturday as my "no more" cappuccino day (again). I've discovered it's best for me to drink just plain water. Or maybe a diet green tea once in a while. If I don't make water a habit then I don't drink enough--and I think that's a LOT of my problem with not being able to lose weight. So it's a plan
Old 01-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #45  
Baby Steps

Bec, we must have posted at the same time. Sorry to hear about the fight with DH. Hopefully all works out! And you should be congratulated for not turning to food in that situation. I know when I'm stressed I do! So WTG for staying strong!!!! I've an ear if you need to vent