Old 01-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #1  
I can do this!!

S/C/G: 294/259.5/170

Height: 5'9.5

Default So after 2 weeks..........

I've lost 9 pounds, but I'm hope more after AF leaves. And I've lost 8.5 inches.
Is this good for 2 weeks? I hope so. I'm sticking to induction for a while, untill my first goal is reached anyways, then I will see. I can see myself staying on it the whole time. Anyways must go.

Tracy
casperally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

9lbs and 8.5 inches is awesome!! Great Job!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:08 PM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

Sounds like awesome results to me!!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #4  
I can do this!!

Thanks girls

Tracy
Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Tracy-the results are FANTASTIC! Keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #6  

Those are great! I am green with envy
I have only lost 6lbs in three weeks. Way to go
CocozMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Just curious what you measured. I haven't measured at all and I"m not sure what to measure besides tummy, hips and chest. I"m doing some major workout on weight machines and I know my arms are getting toned, but don't know where to measure for sure.
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #8  
I can do this!!

I measured my bust, waist, hips, arm and thigh.
Tracy
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies,
I started Atkins Induction today. I've tried it half heartedly before but here goes nothing. Say a prayer for me. Ca you tell if it is working the first day?
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #10  

Welcome, Tia! You have come to a wonderful place full of support, answers, giggles, etc.

Now, I have to warn you that some people feel a bit yucky for a few days when they first start Atkins but that is just the detoxing of the bad carbs happening. You might feel tired, have a headache, etc. BUT the good news is that it doesn't happen to everyone AND even if it does happen to you it doesn't last for long and then you will feel energy, less hunger and IN CONTROL of your eating habits. So please don't get discouraged. Be good to yourself - do some pampering stuff like have a hot soak or long, warm shower or ? One of the most wonderful things about this way of eating is the fact that you should never be really hunger. If you find that you are, try breaking your meals into 5-6 smaller meals. And be sure to check out the various recipes for wonderful low carb dishes so you don't get bored.

Welcome and we look forward to getting to know you better. The weekly thread is where we post about our everyday lives, diet and otherwise, so please feel free to join us.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:18 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

A good indicator of ketosis is dragon breath, strong bad breath, (bug it you drink enough water it is just a bad case of morning breath) no you can not tell on the first day but soon you will start to pee all the extra fluid on board and that will also be an indicator. remember that a lb is 3500 cals so you need to eat less than your body burns ina normal day, as much as you need to maintain a healthy metabolism, and when all is said and done you will be down about 1000 cals a day or around there. so expect to lose about a lb every few days is norm. seen in stages when the woosh fair comes and takes it all away in a lump 2-3 here 3-4 there. some times she hads it back to you just to be funny and keep you in line then she takes it away and then some. she thinks she is funnny when she does that.

Just hang in there she will visit soon!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #12  
TemporaryFatChick

Tracy, congrats on making it through the first two weeks, I'm right behind you

Tia,
If you can get through the first week, the sky's the limit! When I started into ketosis, I didn't have dragon breath like I expected, but I did pee myself half to death. I notice a difference after a few days, and you should see it on the scale by the end of the week. Welcome, I hope you decide to hang out with us.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #13  

Ok Guys,
I feel kind of funny this morning, like I have been drinking all night, I think, I don't drink, lol. Anyway, I also have a headache. Should I take some Tylenol? And how long will this last?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #14  
TemporaryFatChick

YEAH!!! The headache was the first thing that told me I was detoxing, so I'm guessing it's the same for you. It sucks, but it'll go away - Excedrin helped me, but I never did get it to completely stop till I was over the hump. Hopefully you won't have the nausea & joint pain I had - I was a total sugar\flour junkie, so there was a lot involved in withdrawl. The best part of all this is that once you dump all that stuff out of your system, you'll feel like the Energizer Bunny on speed!!! The energy you're about to feel will totally amaze you - it was like being in my 20's again!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #15  

Too late, I think if I could just throw up I would feel a whole lot better. I was going to stay in bed, but decided to get up and do my morning routine since I am still in my second week of flylady. Thanks