Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

This was in the recipes forum...not sure if it's the one Robin uses. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3367

All I do to cook spag. squash is cut it in half, remove the seeds, put it into a pan cut side down with about 1/2" water...enough to cover bottom of pan, cover with alum. foil & bake. Now my baking method is unusual . I put the squash in a 350 oven around 2:30, then I turn offthe oven at 2:50 or so (that's when I leave to pick up my eldest from school) leaving the squash in the oven. By the time I get back, 3:40ish, it's ready. There are some pretty good recipes out there for spag. squash...I think it was Robin that posted this really good one with broccoli & mushrooms (recipes forum).

Becca, Morgaine & Littlelota ~ YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE That is awesome, what a bunch of losers you all are!!

Last edited by gonna_be_150; 01-11-2006 at 09:27 PM.
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #107  

Jan. 10
Breakfast: Fried Egg w/2 slices Back Bacon
Lunch: Spinach Salad w/HB Egg
Supper: My Mexican Mix w/mixed Lettuce, Tom's, Olives, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream

Snack(s): Quicky LC Pumpkin Cheesecake

Coffee: 4 cups
Water: 122 ozs

Jan. 11
Breakfast: Fried Egg w/4 Pork Sausages
Lunch: Chicken Leg w/Back
Supper: My Mexican Mix w/mixed Lettuce, Tom's, Olives, Red Peppers, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream

Snack(s): --

Coffee: 6 cups
Water: 122 ozs
Old 01-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Ive been suffering with a very very long hot flash the last 2 days!!! From what Ive been reading, its common when you weight train I dont need any help with heat in my body :P
Sorry you're going through that Robin, I know it can be very uncomfortable, especially when you 1st start or when you start increasing intensity! Too bad you can't package that up & sell it on the Home Shopping Network...you'd make a million . That's what all those miracle pills supposedly do, heat up the cells in your body to boost your metabolism (or something along those lines).

That cheeseburger soup is totally filling, but how can you stand it? I tried making that Cheeseburger Soup from our recipes forum and by the 2nd bowl, I was forcing it down (and trying to keep it down LOL). Definitely not for me . I think I've still got a few servings left in the freezer that I can't bring myself to eat. They'll probably end up in the garbage next time I go into the freezer for something .
Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #109  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I told DH that since he already works 12-20 hour days that the least he can do is wait until 8:00 am to leave so that I can take my walks. He hung up on me so I guess it's something I'll have to work on.

tomorrow:
breakfast: 2 eggs
lunch: hamburger
supper: shake

lots of water and at least 3 miles.
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:14 AM   #110  
Gotta Lose it!!

Hey Ladies .. I wanna know something.. (before i start Induction phase tomorrow).. Shakes aren't allowed during Induction phase.. right? And also.. what kind of shakes do u guys usually drink/make which works for Atkins diet?

And great job everyone on their eating habits.. I hope I can eat like that too.. soon
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 AM   #111  

Hi there, the shakes are allowed on induction. I don't have them often, but the stuff I have in the house is Atkins Shake Mix...there are also pre-made shakes by Atkins & I believe EAS (??) as well. The only reason I even have the mix is because LC stuff is no longer being replaced on the shelves in Canada (Western Canada anyway...not sure about the East) & I bought them cause they were on sale & I thought they might be handy to have just in case LOL. Since I started back in November, I think I've had a shake 6 times. I need food to fill my tummy . Some people don't like to use them at all during induction as they've found it stalls their losses (for some people sugar alcohols and substitutes trigger the same insulin release as regular sugar).

Good luck starting induction .
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 AM   #112  
Atkins Lover

B:Not real sure
L:Again not sure, actually the leftover dill chicken breast and broccoli
S:Maybe a steak on the grill w/a salad and some broccoli
Water:at least 64ozs.
Exercise:HOPEFULLY my Body Flex later on when I can breathe through my nose, at least 15 minutes on the bike tonight and 20 reverse crunches.
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #113  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priiyeah
Hey Ladies .. I wanna know something.. (before i start Induction phase tomorrow).. Shakes aren't allowed during Induction phase.. right? And also.. what kind of shakes do u guys usually drink/make which works for Atkins diet?
Good luck on induction!! I can't remember what the book says about induction and the shakes but I'm thinking that they are not allowed if following strict induction.....at first anyway. The shakes I make are protein shake mix from gnc. Anytime I drink the atkins shakes or the other pre-made shakes I either stall or gain weight. But that's just ME...you'll figure your body out and be able to tell later how it react to everything I'll dig around in the book today and see what it says...
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #114  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonna_be_150

That cheeseburger soup is totally filling, but how can you stand it? I tried making that Cheeseburger Soup from our recipes forum and by the 2nd bowl, I was forcing it down (and trying to keep it down LOL). Definitely not for me . I think I've still got a few servings left in the freezer that I can't bring myself to eat. They'll probably end up in the garbage next time I go into the freezer for something .
I dont use 2 cups of heavy cream, I use 1 cup of chicken broth, and 1 cup of 1/2 & 1/2. It was just to heavy sounding to me. Besides if Im going to eat heavy cream, Im going to beat the sh*t out of it and add splenda to it

But yes that's the recipe I use......and the shakes are optimum nutrietion, double chocolate fudge flavour (big jug of powdered stuff) mixed with 8oz water, and 1 heaping tsp of psyllium husk powder. This has been ok for me on induction.

Ive gotta dash, but I'll check back in this afternoon
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #115  

Atkins Products for Induction.....
  • Atkins Advantage Morning Breakfast Bars
  • Atkins Advantage Bars & Ready to Drink Shakes
  • Atkins Bake Mix.
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...for-induction/

LOL Robin, I'm with ya on the cream. I made mine very similar to yours, except mine was the heavy cream, not the 1/2 & 1/2. Those shakes sound great, I'll have to look for that. Atkins stuff is OK in a pinch, but I wouldn't say it was as delicious as Atkins claims it to be LOL.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #116  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ok, Im back

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ last of the cheese burger soup
Supper~ well, dh said we needed to make some changes "around here" so before he could say anything else I said "So you're going to start cooking more???" it was quite funny....he was thinking Id make buttertarts once a month! equally as funny!!! anyway, he's actually going to cook supper....so it will be chicken (I seen it on the counter) and he'll make a veggie for me Im still not going to make any butter tarts tho!!
Stacie....from what I remember about the protein powders in canada, I used to use the whey (something or other) see if you can get a sample from them before you buy a whole jug. It was pretty good....but not everyone likes the same things. I really like the shakes for breakfast, because Ive never been a breakfast person...so this is perfect for me. I just cant eat a full heavy breakfast.

I'll post my recipe for the cheeseburger soup, and my quiche in the recipe section.

K, recipes are posted

Last edited by RobinW; 01-12-2006 at 05:15 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #117  
New mom to be

Default I haven't posted in a few days!!!

Sorry, I've been kind of busy, but I have been doing very well. I have not cheated on my diet once, have drank all my H2O, eaten all my veggies and have been exercising!!!! Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so we'll see if my being good has paid off!!: Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Valentines goal:

Started WW on June 1 '05

1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost!!!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #118  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

Talking Hi

Hello everyone! Here what I ate today:

B: Egg &cheese omelet w/ 3 sausages
L: EAS shake
D: Squashghetti( ) It was soo good! tastes just like real spaghetti!
Snack: slim fast shake~yum!

Lost another pound! yay!

Bye 4 now
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:21 AM   #119  
Gotta Lose it!!

Thanks for the information bnbsmommy1 and gonna_be_150 . I guess when I start (yeah.. i haven't started yet ) induction phase.. I wont drink shakes.. But will miss fruits. Oh well, gotta leave something to get something..

iloveadam: YAY!! For that 1 pound gone.. Way to go hun
sassybrat25: I hope u get a good news after weighin urself
RobinW: Thanks for the recipe .. i'm surely gonna try it one day :].
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:35 AM   #120  
Atkins Lover

B:don't know
L:broccoli & dill chicken
S:steak, salad w/olives, cheese and ranch drsg
Water:at least 64ozs.
Exercise:at least 15 mins. on the bike, 20 reverse crunches, and some aeorbics
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote