Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #16  
Atkins Lover

Hey to All!!

I hope everyone is having a good day & staying OP!! I am doing better today! I did have some thin crust pepperoni pizza last night and some chalupas. I think my better mood has somthing to do w/the fact that I weighed in today (yes, I am a chronic weigher and said I wouldn't and I decided that it helps me stay OP and there are bigger things to worry about than how often I do or don't weigh...like how much I DO eat) and I am down 2lbs!! I am so proud of myself. I have been finding that I am only showing a loss like every other week, but I hit my orginal goal I set way back when I joined this group @ the end of July. That was one of the first things I told me husband I wanted to do when I first started this life change. I know it isn't what I had put down for my Merry Christmas to Me Challenge, I wanted to loss more, but I am happy to be here. **Side note-maybe we could do a quarterly challenge, I have found it to be very helpful.** I didn't exercise last night, I did get all my water in though. I did get up and ride 2 miles on the bike this morning. I really need to take some time and think about all the things I need to fit into my and how I can make it all work. I can do it, I just am to lazy to do so. I am doing a lot better feelings wise today and think it has to w/what my scale said. I am hoping it keep in this good mood rather than blah.

Brenda~KUDOS on the water loss. What can I do to help you lose this weight? Do you have a supportive dh?? From what I have read it sounds like it. Would he be willing to help you out on the weekends and be like your 'carb police' making sure you are staying OP for the weekend? Or what about allowing yourself one day a week where you can 'cheat'???? You would know all week what that day was and you could change it from week to week. It's just a thought. This way you can one 'bad' day and maybe you wouldn't feel like you are blowing everything. I have done that before and it works well. I would like to do that again, but I want to wait till I get to a better weight.

Robin~WOW, cross country skiing--awesome on so many levels. You get to get some exercise, see beautiful sights and spend some quality time w/dh. Sorry to hear about you mil, please know that you, your dh, dh's family and your mil all in my thoughts and prayers. What a remarkable women. Keep us informed on things w/her.

Sonny~Sorry about the gain, but it sounds like you have lots of determination to make it through this!! You can do it. Baby steps all the way!

Lace~Girl!! You keep hurting yourself!! We are gonna have to put you in a padded room. First your hand now your thigh. Take it easy and get to feeling better soon!

EM~KUDOS on the loss!! You go girl!!

ImGonnabe150~Hi!!

Well ladies I'm off, have a great & OP day!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #17  
TemporaryFatChick

Did y'all hear the *thud* when fell off yesterday? It was my first cheat since I started October 21 . I just didn't want to resist the piece of fudge or the cookie. I suppose that all things considered it could have been worse, but I feel crappy today. I hopped on the scale, just for tortures sake, and I've gained 5.5 pounds. I know it's water, but my pants are still uncomfortably tight in the waist today. I knocked myself out of Ketosis (where I've been since day 3), I'm dying of thirst, my stomach is upset, and I've been hungry all day. I'm OP today, and hoping that I don't get sick like when I was on induction. Mostly I just want to go home and take a nap!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I think we need to build higher walls on this wagon! Maybe install some seatbelts too Me? Im hangin' on for dear life to the horses mayne's!! I need to get some baking done....but marshmallows are going to do me in.(I have 10 smore logs to make ) I just know it. I think I might be able to manage shortbreads (I hate the heartburn more than I like the taste) I think Id even manage the butter tarts. Thankfully I only have to make 3 dozen of those! I want to make some steak and kidney pies for myself! But I'll have to ration those out due to the crust.

Im doing my best to hold out until christmas day.

I got my walk in this morning, bright, crispy and COLD! No wind....I love it when its like that!!

Tenn~ your back at it today, good for you!!! Drink lots of water, it helps flush all that yucky feeling away!!

Bec~ WTG on the 2 lbs!!! .....quality time if I can manage to get him to come with me all the time. He really hates being cold...I mean really hates it. So we'll see, Im hoping. I'll get him out once for sure.

I started cleaning....but stopped the downstairs has gotten to a point I dont know where to start, and if I do, where am I going to put everything?????

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #19  
Atkins Lover

Tenn~It happens, we all have fallen off or will fall off. I truly believe that we need to find a balance between everything. We shouldn't have to totally deprieve ourselves of a piece of fudge or a cookie every now and then...but realize that when we do that we will have to work a little harder that day and the next and remember that it is a treat. I am soooo very PROUD of you for being OP this long. That is awesome. Today is a new day!

Robin~What a list of stuff you have to make. WOW!! KUDOS on getting the walk in. I am on my way to do some aerobics.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

Robin: Sorry to hear about your MIL. Definitely sounds like she's doing things her way! Good for her!!! Keep up the great work staying OP---you're doing so great!! The hair issue sounds hilarious! Should have got a picture I hear you on the cleaning. It's one reason I've not bothered to try. I keep figuring after Christmas (when the tree is gone) will make things easier And I'm with your DH about the cold--I absolutely HATE it.

Gonnabe150: I think the moods also have to do w/the seasons. Winter I find is the worst time. And not sure how I'll handle this year (as I'm not working). Usually I was out and working at least a couple hours each day. As for dealing with the cold...I live in Wisconsin--enough said Seriously, it's either adjust to the cold or become a snowbird (and can't afford that).

Lace: Sorry to hear about your thigh. Hope it feels better soon!!

Bec: WTG on the weight loss! That 2 pounds is AWESOME!! Dh is supportive...but he's not THAT supportive. I think he's afraid to be my "carb police" I think what I need to do is like you...step on the scale EVERY day. Just to keep it real for me. Maybe that'll help motivate me Thanks for the encouragement! I can't do a 1 day cheat or it lasts for days. I'm hoping to behave myself now..and then allow myself a few "goodies" for Christmas Eve and Christmas. I just have to be good until then!!

Tenn: Isn't it amazing how what we THINK is going to taste great doesn't after all---and that it makes us feel crappy the next day? You'd think that'd teach ME to stay OP You'll feel better tomorrow Don't forget your water!!

Well, today is a icky (put your best swear word in there) day. Started out good--no headache. Then I GOT a headache..and it's getting worse. Took the car to the mechanic yesterday and they called...not only do we need the radiator, but we need everything to go with it (hoses, clamps, etc) AND a serpentine belt (wasn't expecting THAT one!!). Then to top things off on that one...went to the bank to get money out of the savings account and they kindly inform me there's NOTHING IN IT! HUH?? To which she explained they MAILED US A CHECK! HUH? Since when do people w/savings accounts get their checks MAILED to them? W/out them asking for money anyway?? Oh what a mess! So I promptly down 2 Excedrine migraine tablets and a diet coke to dull the pain. To which I'm STILL struggling w/the rest of it (it's like the pills only took care of 1/2 of the headache. So would 2 more kill the other half??). So no exercise for me today. Water intake stinks. But I'm OP So what are the odds I'll manage to lose 10 pounds by Christmas Eve??? With my history of stalling right now (even being back OP)?? Close to impossible. But you know what? I DON'T CARE!! I'll be happy with 5 pounds right now
Old 12-14-2005, 08:12 AM   #21  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday

Morning ladies. Well, it's another day---and a snowy one at that. We're supposed to get 5-9 inches now....before midnight. I wanted to go to the store and get DH's Christmas shopping done. But it's not gonna happen at this rate. The snow wasn't supposed to start until 9ish..but it's ALREADY HERE!! Time to hybernate! Good news!! I lost a pound already. I know, water weight, but it's STILL nice to see the scale go down instead of up I didn't get all my water in yesterday. And I had a Tom & Jerry which I'm sure is high in carbs. If ya don't know what that is....you're missing a DELICIOUS drink. And I only get to drink it at Christmas time. No, I don't want to know the carb count Headache is (somewhat) better. It didn't go away last night so I had a hard time sleeping. Hopefully it goes away soon. I'm sick of this!! Enough whining. Hope you all have a great day. I'll check back off and on today (after all, what else do I have to do. lol)
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 AM   #22  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

I never thought of that Brenda, I should have gotten the camera out. It can take mini video clips!! Sounds like very strange bank practises!! I can certainly understand the headache!! Hope your day got better.

I actually got some cleaning done yesterday. Well, not so much cleaning but sorting, and getting junk put away. I managed to sort enough to fill the garbage can in the kitchen My fav kinda sorting! I need a better place to store my trampoline and exercise ball. They take up alot of space in the living room. At least the living room doesnt look so cramped. The buffet too, man that is the biggest junk collector!! I even got some of my cooking magazines sorted, and Im going to get some of the recipes cut out of them, and stored, so I can toss the magazines (I have too many of those too)

Thinking about going and getting my hair cut today. I havent cut it since the beginning of the summer. Ive been letting it grow the last couple years, and I love my long hair. But its pretty much lost its bounce and swing. Time to perk it up a bit I think. Maybe get those aliens cut out of the ends

Got some baking done last night, I stuck to the shortbreads, and some raisin cookies for dd and dh. I was good, not tempted too badly at all. I wanted to try them only for the "are they good enough" factor. You dont want to serve yucky shortbreads But I didnt, dh said they were light, airy and melted in his mouth. So that was good enough for me Maybe a bit more today....I dont want to push it too much tho!

Just a thought....if your going to do any xmas baking, do it RIGHT after you have eaten a big meal. It certainly helps me that way.

Have a great op day ladies!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Good going on the lb lost Brenda!! water or not, its a loss!!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #24  
TemporaryFatChick

Quote:
I even got some of my cooking magazines sorted, and Im going to get some of the recipes cut out of them, and stored, so I can toss the magazines (I have too many of those too)
mMMmm, why not ask Santa for an inexpensive scanner for Christmas, and scan them into a recipe folder on your PC? I did that a few years ago, and have been Soooooo glad I did! I can actually FIND the recipe I'm looking for, print it, then toss the print out when I'm done - no clutter. Even cooler, I burned CD's of our family recipes as gifts for my siblings
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

LOL Bec - I'm a chronic weigher too. Congrats on being down 2 pounds and achieving the goal you set for yourself back in July!!

Tenn - give yourself a pat on the back. You lasted an amazing amount of time before allowing yourself a little cheat!

Brenda - that is VERY strange about your bank. Hope you (or should I say THEY) get this situation resolved for you soon! I live in Canada - I know exactly what you mean about dealing with the cold LOL. Been here all my life tho & still not used to it. Guess I was just meant to live in a warm environment . One day..........

CONGRATS on the 1lb loss! That's great news! I drove through Wisconsin one year on my way to Toronto - BEAUTIFUL state! I still remember how green it was...very pretty!

Robin - good for you doing all that baking & none of the testing. Baking is one of my favorite hobbies and I simply can't do it on this WOE/WOL. I have to taste what I make to make sure it's ok for human consumption LOL. Good thing you have a DH who's willing to do the testing for ya .

I'm feeling very blah. My weight was 184 this morning. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong. I'm OP, I'm exercising and I simply can't get back to losing like I did the 1st 2 weeks of induction and now I've GAINED a pound. Like WTH?????? I'm thinking about buying a new scale. I think part of my frustration is that I can step on this one so many times and get different numbers. It's brand new (threw away the packaging DUH so I can't even return it ), changed the batteries twice. How, how, how, can I be 183 when I get up to pee at 3am, and 184, 183, 180, 182, 186, 188, 184 & 184 at 6am??? I just don't know if I can justify the cost of another scale when this one is brand new (& deffective????). I thought when I bought a digital readout and threw out my old dial scale it would get rid of the confusion. Sorry to be a downer gals, I think I'm down because of this cold/flu that just won't go away (it started Nov. 25), it's zapping my energy every day and then of course, my weight, I'm just really thinking of throwing in the towel till the New Year.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #26  
Lovin' Life

Will throwing in the towel make you feel better?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:43 AM   #27  
Lovin' Life

Tenn~ because I dont trust the pc to NOT crash I have many many recipes on file on the pc, but I am going to copy them to a recipe card type file, print them off, and insert them into mini photo albums. That way I can get them all mucked up and then just wipe them off
Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #28  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

gonna be 150: My scale does that too and it's only a few months old and was a a pretty expensive scale (not sure if that means it should work good or not though!). I'm just trying to stay with the morning weight (one weigh only!) and going from there. I'm a chronic weigher too and weighing too much was absolute torture. How long have you been off induction? You don't HAVE to go OFF of induction, I try my best to stay in induction phase. Are you drinking enough water? Please don't give up, you deserve to look and feel beautiful! Just hang in there, I PROMISE pounds will drop and inches wil disappear!!!

Robin: WTG on not taking any little bites! Good advice about being full before baking too, I need to start doing that. It's very hard for me to bake now...I just coach my 11 year old on how to do it and she's turning out to be quite the cook!

Brenda: woohoo! a pound lost is a lot better than a pound gained! celebrate!

it's freezing cold here, I walked as fast as I could for 45 minutes on the treadmill and had my eggs. Now it's holiday sewing time and I need to clean house

Oh yeah, and I'm into my 14's now!!! woohoo!! I'm not sure what to do though...when I got into 16's I went hog wild on all new jeans and now they're too big....

what do you all do? Should I just get one or two pair and keep wearing them over and over?? It's such a waste of money to spend on something I'll only wear for a couple of months but I also want to look nice too...hmmm

Lacey
Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #29  
Lovin' Life

WTG Lacey on the 14's!!!! I buy one pair, and save one of the previous size jeans for bloat times.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #30  
Baby Steps

Robin: Great going on resisting temptation. Hope I can do the same when I have to do the chocolate peanuts!!

Tenn: Great idea. My mom had somewhat the same idea...but she had my dad take them to work and copy them there for everyone. I've got them scanned and copied on my computer for if anyone looses their copy.

GonnaB150: Don't be throwing in the towel! You know you really don't want to. That it's the "downers" that are having you think that way. You've done a great job and don't let this stall bum you into eating carbs again!

Lacey: I got lucky and had jeans from a smaller size. I also wear stretch denim so they're "adjustable" for a few pounds differences. lol. Go out and get a couple pairs---you deserve them!!

Well, it's snowing so much that they cancelled school a couple hours early. It's supposed to do this all day. So because they cancelled school I decided the roads must be too bad so I didn't go to the store. I'll wait until the nuts are off the roads and the roads get cleaned up (Friday maybe?) before venturing out. We've got food and supplies so we're good for a couple days
Hey...this is the afghan I made for my SIL's wedding (bridal shower present? Wedding present? Not sure which to give it to her for).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Afghan internet.jpg (6.2 KB, 14 views)
Closed Thread