Old 01-04-2005, 03:23 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenW
Wow! Everyone has some great goals this week! Make sure you all check in and let us know how it is going!

Hugs and Caroline - Do you know about Fitday? You probably do, but just in case I though I would give you the link. I when I use it faithfully it works wonders. I am seriously considering buying the full version.

I am doing really well today. I am having MAJOR MAJOR headaches .. Pretty close to my migraines.. but I am getting through it. I also had a really bad stress moment. The school called that my son hit his head on a pole outside at recess and that they wanted me to come take a look. When I got there, he had a GOOSE EGG and really dilated eyes. Took him to the doctor and it isnt too serious, just a hematoma but I am to watch him for concussion symptoms. Poor Little guy. Anyway.. that would normally drive me to eat.. but I am drinking my water instead! How is everyone elses day?
Thanks Karen, Yep I used fitday last night for my food, and it all fitted well
I struggle getting the food types sometimes, but I'm sure i'll learn them soon - I didnt' really do that last time I have a pocket book given to me by my GP's nurse when I first started atkins, it's great for looking things up - even in a restaurant! hehe

So sorry to hear about your son, I do hope his swelling is coming down and he had a good night. It's a worry isnt' it, my DD fell off a bed at my cousins (playing with her 2nd cousin) and had the biggest lump I've ever seen on her forehead!

Keep hitting the water!! And I'm sure the headaches will pass soon, thankfully mine have.
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #17  
Let's Start Over

Smile

Goals for the week:

1. Start and stay on induction
2. Get back to drinking water and increasing each day.
3. Getting meals planned and made prior to the next day.
4. Logging everything into my Weight by Day Pro software every day.

I keep a photograph of me on my first attempt on Atkins, that lasted 6 months and how I looked 30lbs lighter than I am now. It isn't much, but 30lbs made a big difference and of course I didn't realize that then. Pictures seem to motivate me pretty good...
Elvis1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hugs
Thanks Karen, Yep I used fitday last night for my food, and it all fitted well
I struggle getting the food types sometimes, but I'm sure i'll learn them soon - I didnt' really do that last time I have a pocket book given to me by my GP's nurse when I first started atkins, it's great for looking things up - even in a restaurant! hehe

So sorry to hear about your son, I do hope his swelling is coming down and he had a good night. It's a worry isnt' it, my DD fell off a bed at my cousins (playing with her 2nd cousin) and had the biggest lump I've ever seen on her forehead!

Keep hitting the water!! And I'm sure the headaches will pass soon, thankfully mine have.
Hi Purple Hugs!

The one thing I can honestly say about fitday is that sometimes it is a pain to add new foods to. (Like Slim Jim pepperoni sticks! ) But now that I have most of my normal induction foods in there, it really helps!

My son is actually doing better. The bump has spread out a bit, but is still huge and brused. So far no black Eye...

Water is definately not hard lately.It is helping me stay full too so that I dont crave an extra non-LC snack!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #19  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1517
Goals for the week:

1. Start and stay on induction
2. Get back to drinking water and increasing each day.
3. Getting meals planned and made prior to the next day.
4. Logging everything into my Weight by Day Pro software every day.

I keep a photograph of me on my first attempt on Atkins, that lasted 6 months and how I looked 30lbs lighter than I am now. It isn't much, but 30lbs made a big difference and of course I didn't realize that then. Pictures seem to motivate me pretty good...
30 pounds is a HUGE difference! I know it well too! It was about when I hit the 25 pound mark that everyone started noticing, and at 30 pounds gone, everyone wanted to know how I was doing it! Pictures help me too. That is why I keep my progress pictures in my profile. It really helps me stay on track!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #20  
I'm a Jovi Girl

How is everyone today? I am doing well so far.. although I am freezing! It is 25 degrees! ACK! And snow is expected on Thursday and Friday! The kids are happy!

Anyway here is my food journal so far:

Breakfast:
Coffee with Heavy Cream
2 eggs
3 Sausage Links
32 oz of water

Total Carbs: 3
Total Calories: 454
Total Water: 32 oz

More coming!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #21  
Let's Start Over

Karen ~

Sorry to hear that you are having bad weather. I live on the East Coast and I can't figure out how it is in the 60s today. It is suppose to get chilly by the end of the week, but it is still higher 40s and low 50s, very weird...this is January in Virginia not winter in Hawaii.

You are right, around 20lbs I went back to Ohio, were all my friends were and they were amazed how good I had looked, but to me it I didn't see it...but know when I look back some pictures compared today, I'm bound to see that again

Laura
Old 01-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #22  

Just a quick one tonight, as have been busy.. but doing well, sticking to plan! And will go log my foods now!!

have drunk all my water, even when we went to visit my BIL & SIL no tea for me!!

Hope you are all well.
Karen, glad your son is ok, if bruised..

TTFN
Old 01-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #23  
Let's Start Over

Well things went ok for me on my first day back on Atkins. Headaches started around 5pm though...coming of Mountain Dew is hard! That stuff is my coffee. Started getting very sleepy at 6pm...It was hard to sit and listen to my son read his book for school....but otherwise, I tracked everything and drank 4 20z bottles of water. Ran back and forth to the bathroom again
Old 01-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #24  

Hope your energy levels pick up soon Elvis, but it's not a bad price to pay really is it! I take paracetomol for my headaches, but they only lasted two days this time (a week first time around).

Well, in the Valentines thread.. they were tempting me.. as a few of them weigh everyday... I'm sorry to say, i caved.. and threw caution to the wind after my engagement ring fitted me again this morning. I had to take it off about a month ago as it was too tight.

I weighed this morning, and have lost a little... errrrr
mmmm

11 little lbs!!
hehe

Can't believe that. since new years eve morning, I've lost 11 lbs!! I had just finished my TOM but can't believe that total!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

Way to go, Purple Hugs!! That is awesome! I hope I have a weigh-in even half that good. Congrats!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #26  

Thanks!! Feels fab I must admit!!
I'll weigh on sunday now, with the rest of you!!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #27  
Proud Mama

Ok, so no weighing until sunday?!?!!!! Oh! I didn't see that one!! woops! Ok, I wont do it again until sunday. Then from then on Sunday's only? Ok, we're on.

Jane- YAY! On your loss!!! Ok, so then no more weighing for you either, until Sunday, right?
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #28  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Oh You guys.. You can weigh in as much as you want. I just dont make anything official for 7 days. So tecnically I have droped 4.5 pounds so far.. but anything can happen between now and Sunday! I just weigh myself every morning to keep motivated!

Purple Hugs - GREAT JOB!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #29  

Well I started Induction on Monday and Wow!
Last time I didnt have any headache or plain feeling crapy but a different story this time aroound.
Too Much Christmas!!
Hopefully will be gone tomorrow.
My weigh in is on Monday but I already feel much less bloated and the clothes are fitting the way they did pre Xmas.
Everyone keep up the good work!
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #30  

Default This time it's serious!

Hi folks.
I recognize several of you from a year or so ago when I was more faithfully doing Atkins and really on track. Don't know quite what happened, but did I ever fall off the wagon!!! Tried to start again in September, but after 4 days I failed miserably. It's that foolish "well I'll just have one of these to satisfy my craving" thinking that gets me. Not this time. I stood on the scale New Years Day and weighed 200 lbs again! This after I'd been down to 178 last summer.
New year - New start.
I started induction on Monday and have been 100% on since then. That's my 1st goal. Goal number 2 is to DRINK MY WATER!!! Goal number 3 begin to contemplate the possibility of maybe getting in some excersize. Just kidding. I'm going to start small with going on some kind of walk or doing some WATP tapes at least twice a week. That's going to be the hardest one for me.
You are all doing so well and that's what will keep me motivated. Thanks for being here!

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote