Old 06-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #16  

Jane - I'll try an angle brush to touch up around the ceiling. Should I re-tape the walls w/blue painters tape and repaint the seam? I'm really liking the colored paint, but it's proving to be a little tougher than I thought.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #17  

You are talking about the corners of the room is where you changed colors right? I would think if you taped down the corner of one wall and then touched up the seam of the other using the angle brush again, it should be fine. The only drawback is that you will have to let the paint dry overnight before you put the tape on the one you just fixed in order to touch up the next wall.
If the corners don't look too bad then let them be....or maybe just use a small artists brush to touch it up a little. Probably once the furniture and everything are back in you won't even notice.

We need pictures when it is done!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Leenie- Congrats on the exercise!!! I'm not sure what's different. It's like I get bogged down with tons of stuff going on in my head and I let every little thing bother me. Never used to be like this until I quit smoking

Paula-I'm not a good painter. The girls want me to paint their rooms and I just don't like to do that. They picked out orange

Jane- Not sure what to say about the wine. Maybe buy some really icky tasting stuff? St. Johns and a few others are on my list. I used to take like 5 different types of pills to help me get over this. I'm hoping to recognise them when I go.

Shimma - Sorry to hear about your friend and your BF's father. Hopefully his father is doing better and they figure out what happened. As for your friend? Maybe she's jealous because you and your BF ARE doing fine w/out having to inherit money.

TG- Hope your cough gets better soon. I know how that one goes. Are you taking vitamin C?? Drinking plenty of liquids?

Morti-Are you looking for a specific type of furry kid? I apologise if you've mentioned it before already (bad memory on my part). I would love to have more furry kids running around. But my house is only big enough for 1 furry one and 2-2 legged ones (not counting DH and me)

StarPrincess- At least your DH is smart enough to realise he's an idiot. Mine tends to rush in like a bull in a china shop and insists he's never wrong. I bought him tickets to the MN Twins and NY Yankee game in MN. Told him his wife must REALLY love him and he should suck up to her big time.

Kerri-The walls sound really cool. My youngest DD wants a rainbow painted in her room. I'm tempted to get one of those spray guns

Well, got a call last night (forgot to mention it this morning) about the FIL. He got his tests back and the cancer has spread to the tissues surrounding where the prostate was. So he'll be going in for radiation. I'm in a little better mood. Maybe because I'm planning on doing something positive (get the herbs/vitamins) about getting out of this funk. I've been taking vitamins but maybe it wasn't enough. And I also decided if the house looks like it's trashed so be it. We can see the floors. We have counter space. Places to sleep. So not sure what I was getting uptight about. It'll get done eventually. I would LOVE to get a pool (have been talking to DH about it almost constantly) and we also need a couple air conditioners. But he said it's not going to stay hot (yeah, right!) and we don't need them. One of these days I'll go get the AC by myself and put them in. He'll have no choice.
to anyone I missed
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #19  

Brenda: So sorry about the news on your FIL. I hope that with the radiation he will be fine. I will keep him in my thoughts. My BIL goes in for his surgery next month. They are pretty optomistic so I will not worry.
Prostate cancer is very treatable. And your FIL has his age on his side also.

I'm not a doctor I just play one on TV
Old 06-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #20  

Jane - The room is actually done, furniture and pictures hung, all finished. So, most people don't notice the places where touch ups are needed, just me, cause I'm WAY too picky about those things. I think I will take the touch up brush and try and fix it though. Just for my own picky sanity. How do you post pictures on here anyway? I'm sorta technologically challenged...

Brenda - A rainbow would be fun. My DS thought that painting his room meant he got to physically get a brush and make whatever pictures or drawing he wanted. And, I really entertained the idea, and then realized I'm just not that brave. I told him he could do some painting artwork and we'd frame it on his wall instead. Not as much fun, but he agreed. He's only 6.

Sorry about your FIL Brenda.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
Morti-Are you looking for a specific type of furry kid? I apologise if you've mentioned it before already (bad memory on my part). I would love to have more furry kids running around. But my house is only big enough for 1 furry one and 2-2 legged ones (not counting DH and me)

Kinda, I want a small, but not toy, to medium female, adult, has to get along with other dogs since I have a ridgeback and a pit, both really sweet, and my cat, easy maintenace fur, needs a perky personality not timid. Would love to have a schnauzer. The centers up here don't get many small dogs. BF was teasing me last night that I'm going to spend more on gas then I would if I just bought a purebred of something, but I don't care if it's purebred. I'll know it's the right one when I meet it. So, the search continues!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #22  

Morti, we used to have Schnauzers when I was growing up. They are kind of fiesty! How about a Cairn. My Mom has one. She is adorable and very sweet. Not too bad of a barker. Used to get along with cats very well. Kind of has "short guy" syndrome though....she is a little bossy.....doesn't like other dogs unless she decides so! She has one dog friend in her neighborhood that is a golden and one giant black mix.....other dogs she apparently feels do not measure up to her standards and she barks at them. They could of course eat her for lunch but that doesn't stop her.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #23  
Head Princess

I've got 2 chihuahuas and they rule!

See my babies? The one on the left is Cody - and he really is my baby! Has no clue he's a dog. The one on the right is Paco - quite possibly the funniest creature ever created.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myboys.JPG (14.6 KB, 16 views)
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:22 PM   #24  

This sounds like my kind of dog! My pit is close to 80 lbs and thinks she's a little tiny lap dog! She's come a long ways in the year we've had her, The ridgeback has been a great dog from day one, never a problem in the 4 years we've had her.

When we were kids, we raised registered poms, pugs, & belgium sheepdogs.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #25  

Star they are ADORABLE!!!!! I want a fury creature too. I have to go visit my Mom to see our dog when I need a fur fix.

How did you size that picture to attach it? I have been trying all day and can't get mine to attach.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #26  

Star - they are so cute, especially the white and brown one. such unual markings. My pit has a tendency to stomp her feet when playing, which is all the time, I'm afraid she would accidently hurt that small of a dog. They have a cute little short legged chihuahua at the shelter now.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:29 PM   #27  
Head Princess

I'm a proud mama

Jane - Open your picture up in paint. Then click on Image, then Stretch/Skew. This will let you adjust the picture size by whatever percentage you put in.

Morti - Actually, my little guys are pretty wily around the big dogs. They like to play and run around with my friends pit bulls. It's pretty funny.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #28  

Do you know what percentage it should be?
Old 06-08-2004, 03:45 PM   #29  
Head Princess

It depends on how big the picture is to start with. Say you reduce it to 70%. If that's too big still. Just reduce it again. I don't remember what the maximum pixel size is for the forum.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #30  

OK, finally worked. Well this is the master bedroom that I would love some ideas about. The pictures make the walls look yellow but that was just the lighting I guess. Trust me it is WHITE!
The bedspread color isn't very true in the picture either.....it is a dark olive green silk. The skirt I made in a beige and olive green stripe to match. We are buying new furniture........just need a color idea. Notice that the bathroom is a sea of white as well and that is open to the room so I need to paint that as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_0607Rooms0001.jpg (43.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0607Rooms0002.jpg (26.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0607Rooms0003.jpg (42.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0607Rooms0004.jpg (40.1 KB, 19 views)