South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - September 28

Good morning, chickiebabes! It's a chenille robe morning but looks like another sunny day is arriving.

Yesterday was just gorgeous! I met Rob for breakfast at the Long Horn and definitely went off program! homefries! However, I was "good" the rest of the day and glugged my water as I drove around the Township delivering school work and prizes. Two of the schools want me to come back next week for assemblies and present the awards. It will be time consuming but well worth it because those little ones are so delighted with their ribbons and small money prize - $5, $4 and $3!

I slept until 5 this morning after falling asleep on the couch again! I guess my night time rest is Sleep I and Sleep II. I seem to doze off when I let Hersh out. Maybe I’ll start getting ready for bed then and go back downstairs to let her in. I had a really long and good chat with Rob last night. He is going to pick up a “passage set” (guy talk!) for the deck door that Harry buggered up trying to “fix” and will install it for me. A great friend!

I’m having a problem with Harry’s Lifeline since I got DSL. We ran the usual monthly test yesterday and the speaker is full of static. Not so good if you are in trouble and press your buzzer! I need to go to town to get a filter to fix it and will be tracking one down as soon as my ISP office opens. It’s a gorgeous morning for a fall country drive so won’t be too hard to take. We go to the foot clinic this afternoon which will be Harry’s outing. How pathetic is that!

Gotta get with the day and have some coffee with Hershey.

What's happening on your stretch of The Beach?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #2  

Hi Ruth,

Coffee outside in a chenille robe sounds just wonderful! It's cool here too, but kind of refreshing and makes the coffee taste extra good.

Hope you get the DSL/Lifeline problems sorted soon. Good thing you do that monthly test.

Ruth, you're in Onederland! You got there without much fanfare - congratulations!!

I've been struggling with my program lately. I stay on plan most of the day and then have on-plan food binges in the evening. Those ricotta cremes and cashew nuts just keep calling my name. I guess I need to come up with an activity that will consume me enough to keep me from cruising the kitchen at night. In the meantime I keep jumping 2 pounds down and up again, stuck on a plateau.

Well, must go chop some veggies and make a bean dip. Maybe that will be a lifesaver for the rest of the day.

Hope everybody has a Terrific Tuesday on the Beach.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks!

The remnants of Jeanne passed through Atlanta yesterday, making us wet, warm and windy. Blech!!

This morning, it's a cool 67* and expected to get up to 80*, so you know it's going to be icky-sticky. again!

Stepped on the scale for my usual Tuesday morning weigh in. (BIL is back in Columbus so no stealth mode needed) and was disappointed to see that I'm UP 1.5 pounds instead of DOWN. Lingering aftereffect of the Prednisone possibly? Strict Phase I for the next few days to see if I can at least get back down to my low weight for the end of September weigh in.

Ruth-- Glad you figured out there was a conflict with the computer and Lifeline before Harry actually needed it. Yikes! Hopefully, it's easily remedied.

Heidi--I can really relate to struggling with the program. I adore cashews and just can't have a whole can of them in the house or they will be gone in a flash. I've been eating almonds, which aren't quite so tempting. I've never tried the ricotta cremes...just doesn't sound appealing to me. Maybe that's a good thing!

Okay, time for me to hit the road. All you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Gee, Ruth, that's awful about Harry's Lifeline! Your server should have given you filters with your service!
I see you're down another 1/2! Holy, woman! You're pretty busy editing that signature of yours!! Congratulations, sweetie!!

Come on, Heidi! Get back on track, girl... you can do this!!

I just got back from my spinning class at the gym.
And now... I may have a wee nap...
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamacita, I missed your post! Don't stress about the weight loss... you'll get it together this week.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning chickies! I went straight to the deck with my coffee this morning. I never made it yesterday because the laundry grabbed me and would not let go! Then evrything else started grabbing and before I knew it coffee time was over! I got another flower bed cleaned out yesterday. Oh my goodness at the mess we have. Ivy is about to take over everything. I love ivy but it is just to much and some has to go. Some of the trees are so covered in it they are starting to choke out! They keep whispering help me when I walk by! I find it very relaxing to putter around out there except when I start getting carted off by the bugs it's time to come in! I'm having a good week so far! One whole day!

Ruth... Congrats on your loss! Oh that robe... I'm so envious! I just put on a long sleeve shirt over my p.j.'s as it was a lil chilly here this morning.

Momma... Don't sweat it you know how these things go! It'll find it's way off again! If it don't you can tell it where to go!

Ellis... Spinning class already! wow! You go girl! I'm still trying to wake-up!

Heidi... I can relate to the struggles. I am not big on nuts but I love Wal-Mart's party peanuts... oh my goodness I want to eat the whole can. They only sell it in a big can so I just had to stop buyin them cause I could not stay out of them! Oh my gosh thinkin about them makes me want to run and get some! Cashews another that I can eat but can't buy! If I really start craving them I will just buy the individual pack and eat it cause I know I am safe that way!

Ok as long as this took I'm sure several chicks have pecked in so a good morning to you and I hope everyone has an OP (on) day!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 09-28-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:02 AM   #7  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning, ladies! Well, my official week three WI showed no loss!! I know I was traveling the entire time and at least I didn't gain, but as of a few days ago I had lost a pound at least. Oh well, I am probably retaining water...no biggie. At least I didn't gain!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Lauren
Old 09-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhh! I just got a phone call from one of the area schools telling me that they got the wrong pack of schoolwork returned, So I need to go for another long drive to get them swapped around. Of course it would be schools at opposite ends of the Township. There goes my morning!
enough crabbing! Look at it as an opportunity to drink lots of water and enjoy the changing colours of the trees.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a foggy, rainy morning here today. I got knocked flat yesterday with allergies, and didn't feel like doing anything! I take Alavert every day, but it sure wasn't doing anything for me yesterday! Today I feel a little groggy, but at least my nose isn't running like a leaking faucet. I wonder, if the Alavert isn't working, can you take anything else later in the day, or do you just have to suffer? Does anybody know?

I dragged myself to Curves this morn and got in a good workout. My scale shows that I'm up a pound, maybe too many brownies? Even though they're SBD approved, I guess you still have to limit yourself.

RNMom, I can totally relate to what you're going through. It seems the closer I get to my goal, the harder it is to take the weight off. It's like my body decided that's enough, it doesn't want to loose anymore. I've tried adding new foods, increasing my activity level, even a super strict version of Phase 1, but I keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs.! I'm hanging in there, though. Something has got to give sooner or later!

Ruth, it sounds like you're having a really fun time delivering those rewards! Aren't little kids just precious, they appreciate everything. Thank goodness you discovered the problem with Harry's Lifeline before anything happened! And you sure are doing fabulous in the weight loss department!

Ellis, Good for you for getting to the gym so early! I like going first thing in the morning, you can get it out of the way and get on with other things. How's the kitchen demolition coming along?

Bamie, hope you can find out why you're bruising from those spider bites. Maybe you just have sensitive skin, I hope that's all it is. The spiders are really bad around here

this year - I keep finding big black ones in the house. I'm not afraid of them, but I don't want them around, either! They know it, too, cause when I go after them with a shoe they run for their lives and hide!

Heidi, I have trouble eating too many nuts, too. I love almonds and peanut butter! I started counting out my allotment of them everyday, then put the rest away. That way I'm not tempted to go overboard.

Mamacita, that's a shame about the weight gain, but it could be any number of little things causing it. Just keep staying OP, and try not to let it get you down. (Listen to me, I should follow my own advice, too, LOL)

Well, I'd better go and try to do something useful today, since yesterday was a washout. See you all later!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, GoldieFun, we were posting at the same time! Sorry about your morning plans being changed, Ruth! At least you're looking at the bright side of it!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

It's a nice, cool day here today. I have to be at work at noon, but don't seem to want to get out from under the comforter on the couch. Not incredibly tired, just snuggly.

Had strange dreams last night....had a dream that I lost two of my teeth. Talk about scary. Thankfully I woke up and they're still there. I woke up going "Ok, that had to be a dream, you still have your teeth" and then "Thank GOD."

Well, anyway, back to the couch for a bit until time to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:27 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning, everyone. The weather here is cool and crisp, but at least a pleasant fall day. The leaves on the trees have turned and the countryside is beautiful. Other than knowing that the weather will be brutally cold in a short while, fall is my favorite time of year.

Ruth - Congrats on the weight loss. Keep going, girl, you are doing so well with your weight. I laughed at your 'passage set' reference being guy talk. Unfortunately, I do understand all that stuff - I work with locking systems, etc., so am engulfed in that talk during the day. When I start talking like that at home, I get the funny looks from the guys in the house, so have to simplify the speak. Hope your day goes well, including the extra drive to swap the school work. Take care.

Heidi - When you find an answer to the food binge problem, share with the rest of us. I find myself doing the same thing. If I start eating any kind of nuts, they must be finished before I stop. I really have a hard time with the snacking at night, even if I snack on OP foods. Like you, I am up and down over the same couple of pounds and have been for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I guess I will just need to become more disciplined in the evenings and resist having any snacks.

Mama - Sorry to hear about the weight gain...hopefully it will start to go down once again when the drugs are out of your system. It is sooooo disheartening to experience a weight gain when you have been faithful to the eating program. Just be patient, though, it will come off.

Lauren - I find it difficult when I travel, also. Mostly because I try to stay OP, but never know exactly how things are made and what the exact ingredients are. I am thankful when I don't gain, though. However, I have also found the often the weight gain is water because there seems to be more salt in restaurant food. It will come off, though, just be patient.

cottage - Take care of the allergies. I was just mentioning to DH this morning that the past couple of weeks is the first time in 3 1/2 years that I have been suffering from acute allergies. I have been such a mess with running nose, chronic cough and eczema and scratching, it is a relief to feel normal for now. I don't know about taking medication twice in the day...did you check with your dr.?

Weezle - Have a good day today. How did your last day at work go last night?

Me - Nothing new going on in my life right now. At home we are gearing up to do the final renos to our house this winter. It is such a lot of work to get through stuff...especially since I have DH moving walls, etc. during the renos. When we purchased our apartment on the weekend, DH was ecstatic that it is in a heritage building and that nothing, just nothing, can be altered without permission. He kept confirming with the realtor that major renos couldn't be done to the point that the realtor thought he was nutso... When he tells our friends about it, the only thing he mentions is that there can't be any renovations done. I'm sure that I can find something, though.

I have been staying OP, but haven't been losing much. It seems I am up and down over a few pounds, however, I guess I must just be patient. When the end of the week comes, I am usually down at least part of a pound, so it will eventually come. I am on the last 10 pounds, anyway, so I know deep down that it will be a slow and frustrating 10 pounds as well.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay OP, you can all do it.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:55 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Mornoon!

Hi everyone,

I'm getting in here late today! Too busy at work. I think that I'm finally getting past the lethargic stuff. I actually woke up by myself and didn't hit the snooze for an hour!

Hope everyone has a great beach day!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Need Help!

Hi guys!

I forgot my SBD book today and I don't know if I can have refried beans in Phase one? I want just a tablespoon or so for taco salad? I searched the strings but I can't tell if it is ok for phase one?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

It's OK for Phase one if it is fat free refried beans. Most have lard in them!
Closed Thread