Old 05-28-2004, 02:06 PM   #31  
Head Princess

Jina - I don't think it's maturity. I think it's more about someone she really cares about jumping on her over it. Either way - I'm glad it's over with (hopefully)
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 PM   #32  

Drats! And here I was going to say something funny about no one talking to Star and then you all jump in!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when I think about how long people are married for I get sad. My husband is 15 years older than me so I know we won't get to a 50 wedding anniversary. He is 59 now................ok before you try to do the math.......I am 43 soon to be 44.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #33  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Ooo, I would love to be able to leave at 3 every day. On my timecard it says I work 7-5, but in reality it is usually 8-5 with no lunch break - I just can't get here by 7am... at least not yet. So, I leave at 5 but get every other Friday off. THAT is nice.

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of them. I hope they can make it to 67 next year, but I am doubtful, unfortunately. My grandpa has been the patriarch for so long that it won't be the same without him around. I'm fortunate to have had him in my life for 33 years as it is.

My Grandma, his wife, will be 88 in the fall. She is in good health, still has brown hair and all her teeth. Ornery Swedish Genes, I guess. I don't know what she'd look like with grey hair!! She will outlive us all, I'm sure of it. Her grandmother lived to 103 - but my genes have been diluted with the not so stubborn scottish/english genes that have a tendency towards cancer, strokes and obesity - so I probably won't make it to 100 unless I do something drastic like Atkins. LOL!!
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:20 PM   #34  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Jane, don't be sad. Really.

I doubt my dh and I will make it to 50 years, too, only because we married later when I was 27, he was 26. Odds are not in our favor that either of us will live that long - but then consider this, the odds to making it 50 years are not in ANYONE'S favor. So you might be surprised.

As much as I complain about my dh lately, I won't divorce him unless he cheats or beats. Being a dumbass at times is just part of the package and not a divorceable offense.

There was a couple on the news a couple of years ago here in Washington I think that had just celebrated their 75th anniversary. They had married young and both were extremely old... but they did it. I wonder if being married to that person that long becomes a "habit."
Old 05-28-2004, 02:21 PM   #35  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Me, too! When DH and I first got married, we we thinking about how many anniversaries we would have together since we were so young (20 and 21). Now, who knows what will happen? I love hearing about people that have been married for so many years, but at the same time, I'm jealous. I hope that isn't a terrible thing to feel...
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:21 PM   #36  
Head Princess

HA HA HA Jane!

I knew that if I whined enough somebody was bound to take pity on me!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #37  
Head Princess

My parents have been married for 37 years and let me tell you, it's cool and it's weird.

I can't imagine what it's like to have spent more of your life with someone than without them. I hope I get to find out, though. I like this husband!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #38  
Each Bite of Sugar...

That's how I feel about mine, too, Star.

I was thinking about this myself recently. I was with my psycho ex-bf for 8 years (off and on) and Sunday is my dh's and my 6th anniversary and 7th being together. One more year and I'll have the ex's time beat. What an odd thought.

I have to admit to wondering more often than not what ex-bf is doing and how he is doing. I remember the good times and not the psycho stalker he became when I broke it off and married Joey. But, then I have to let it go and know that I am better off with my wonderful PTSD dh than the psycho control-freak stalker I could be with. LOL!!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:33 PM   #39  

You see! There is always a silver lining!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:39 PM   #40  
Head Princess

That's so funny you'd say that, Lisa. I have an ex-boyfriend that I still wonder about from time to time. He was a wonderful guy, but I broke things off when I went to college and when I came back a year later, he'd gotten a girl pregnant and married her. By the time they got divorced (she didn't want anything to do with her own kid), I was married to my ex-husband. The timing just didn't work out otherwise I would have married him.

Anyway, I had a dream about him last night! Nothing naughty. Just that I saw him again - big happy reunion and all that. It was strange.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #41  
Head Princess

Wa-hooooooo! I'm going home!

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll talk to you on Tuesday
Old 05-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Well, I didn't mean to ignore Star. Hi Star!

But I got my small thesis section handed in, but there are 1.5 pages that I was not happy with, but I couldn't think of any more excuses to give me another hour without it becoming blatantly obvious that I had just procrastinated and didn't get my work done on time. Now my supervisor will just think that I'm kind of a bad writer, but oh well. I don't care!!!

I love it when people have lots of anniversaries. My parents have been married I think 29 years. I, too, also get a bit jealous because I know that it wont' be as easy to get that huge number of anniversaries because I don't plan on getting married any time soon. I mean I'm still planning a few years of globe-trotting before I even think about it! Although, you never know what will happen or who you'll meet...maybe I'll meet my future husband in some random hostel or on top of some mountain. I want a cool 'How we met' story. That's all I'm asking for!

Do any of you folks have cool 'how we met' stories?
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Bye Star!!!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #44  
Baby Steps

I survived part of the lawn mowers tricks. Now as soon as the bank calls (working on getting a 2nd mortgage) I'll get back out there to try and get some grass picked up with the lawn sweeper.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:24 PM   #45  

Bye Star....have a great weekend......wish I was leaving