Old 05-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #16  
Total Sass Bucket

Gas is getting sooooooo bad. It's starting to scare me. There are gas stations around here who won't take credit cards for gas anymore because the transaction costs them money. A LOT of gas stations are making you prepay now before they will authorize the pump. I just have a really bad feeling deep inside. I'm starting to look at some hybrid cars. With one of those babies, I will only have to fill my tank every 2 weeks.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:01 AM   #17  
Head Princess

Good morning! I'm sorry some of you are feeling a bit pissy this morning. I'm in my normal perky mood (maybe it's the alcohol consumption.....)

Shimma (Goober) - I would have killed that cat! Ok, maybe not killed it, but definitely gotten rid of the thing. The least it could have done was pee on your sister's bed!

Brenda - What's 3rd shift? Is that graveyard? DH got asked to work graveyard for one week at his work. It's been 3 weeks now and they don't seem to be in any hurry to put him back on his regular hours.

Jane - Congrats on the veggies!!!! Isn't it funny how we change? Over 2000 calories could certainly be impacting your weight loss. You may need to cut down on portions of something. Maybe you could post in the food log and we can figure out what can change.

Jina - You've been doing so great! I've totally fallen off the exercising this week and I feel like a slug. And I'm a huge Friends fan so I'll definitely be watching tonight. I was so pathetic last week and actually cried at the end of the episode.

Julie - Gas prices suck! My car only takes premium, too so it's extra expensive ($2.35 - $2.40 a gallon ). Happily, we've got really good public transportation here so DH takes that to work now instead of driving and as soon as I start dragging my butt out of bed on time, I'll be riding my bike to work again (it's only a mile away).

Not much new here. I'm feeling all bloated and gross, but that could be due to my lack of exercise this week. I'm starting to think I really am a changed woman! Wednesday is always happy hour day after work, but I was a good girl and nursed my one drink and then went home and stayed there for a change. I was actually in bed by 10:00. That almost never happens!

I'm itching for the weekend. I've hit a patch of non-motivation at work. I'm not sure why.

Anyway - everyone have a great day! I'm sure I'll be around lots today
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Yeah, gas sucks. The bad thing about Quebec, is that even during normal times the gas is 10c/litre more expensive than Ontario. I'm planning on driving home next weekend, so I think I'll make sure I have just enough gas in my tank to get to Ontario and then fill up there!

Luckily, I only have about 4 more days at my off-campus work location (where I need the car to get to), then after that I'm solely at the university which is insanely easy to get to with public transportation.

Star - one drink? 10pm? Oh dear! How are we supposed to live vicariously through you if you let us down like that?!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:08 AM   #19  

Hey Star: I will keep posting in the Food Log and see if you all can help. I think it is the wine! Oh woe is me. I also noticed that the pecans have got to go! They are over 400 calories for the 2 oz. That's more than my wine!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #20  

I'm sure you'll figure it out Jane, but you're doing so awesome anyway. So close to goal!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #21  
The Princess O' Pets

shimma: here is the vet consult for you.....kitties are picky about their litterbox and they often urinate on things you will notice because they are trying to tell you something (escpecially male cats) he could have a bladder infection. They are often picky about the litterbox because they associate it with pain with urination. Have your sis take him to the vet and get a check up and Urinalysis. If it is clear then he has a behavior issue and they have treatment for that as well.

Well ladies I am at work so I will be brief, hope everyone is having a great day!!!

note (soapbox) if you want your gas prices to go down, be sure to vote Pres. Bush out of office during the election!!!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 05-06-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #22  
Total Sass Bucket

Thanks for the advice, but we had this problem with him initially and every vet we spoke with told us to have him put down because it was behavioral and couldn't be changed. We took him to a bunch of different vets and that was what they ALL said. Now, I am sooo against killing a kitten because he's got kitty pee issues. So, we tried a bunch of different things and stumbled upon the fact that he wanted 2 litterboxes RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. He didn't like them being in different rooms. So now he pees in one and poos in the other. The problem is that my cat is NOT picky about his litter and he poos in the pee box. (Are you following?) Add that to the fact that my sister is lazy and my back has been out and the litter box got dirty and Joey relieved himself on my bed. Honestly, I could KILL my sister for being such a lazy butt. I started cleaning last night until my back hurt... she got up out of the living room and went to her bedroom. UGH!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #23  
Head Princess

Julie - Ok, I was good, BUT my friend Tim has abandoned me for an entire week to to go Portugal with his girlfriend (the nerve!) The man is seriously obsessed with boobs so my friend D and I came up with a story for him last night. Here goes:

So last night was Cinco de Mayo - plenty of cause for a party, right? D and I went out downtown to drink and dance and just have a good time. Well, we ended up drinking a bit too much and got a little carried away. We decided to torture some guy by kissing each other. Then things got totally crazy. There was money going into out pockets, shirts came off.....you get the picture. I'm pretty sure that no boob was shown, though.

Ok, so none of it happened at all - or even close, but Tim's not going to know that for a while. I love being evil!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #24  

StarPrincess: I just went onto the Atkins web site to see what they had to say about calories. It says if you are losing weight then calories don't matter but if you are having a difficult time then they do and that I should have between 1560 - 1872 per day....no more.

I am going to have to work on this. Damn! It's always something.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:25 PM   #25  

Good Morning Ladies!! Okay, Sorrry I'm not grumpy either, but trust me , I have my days!

Shimma: Kill the cat now! I'm joking of course. We have 2 cats, a 7 lbs female, Izzy and a 18 Lb male, Damien or my Beast Boy and yes his name fits him. Anyways, we had the same problem when my sister and niece and their Rottie and 3 cats were living with us. One of hers was peeing in the beds also. It just sucked! Was so hard to get that smell out of my new matress. Never did figure out why she did it other than the fact she's just a B****. Sis couldn't leave a basket of clean laundry out or it was fair game also, dirty laundry was safe, go figure.

Star: You should come out with us! Wednesday is Free Taco night at the local bar (mines always in a bowl, no tortilla), so that's "Date Night" for us even though we've lived together 5 yrs. Monday's are free Chili Dog Night (no bun, boy it's nice they accomidate me!). We are there at 5 PM for Happy Hour, so by about 8 or 9 we're usually feeling pretty good and causing all kinds of trouble! Last night, was one of the hiker girls last night before moving so it got pretty wild. Bare breasts everywhere with the bartender putting Bud Lite sticker on their nipples since they got in trouble last year for "Public Indecency" 'cause some girl took her top off. The police have no sense of humor around here! Then more friends showed up so we ended up staying until 11. Needless to say, didn't want to get up this morning, but work calls. Clearly I'm not to busy today either. Fortunately, it's s small town so no one really cares and no one really does anything harmful. From some of your posts, you would fit in well with our crowd

Julie: I'm so gald I'm only 8 miles from work! gas is $2.23 gal here for 87 and my Landrover only gets 12 miles to the gallon and sometimes it seems like it's more 12 gallons to the mile. I hate it!

We don't watch much TV on Thursdays so it'll be a quick dinner, Homemakover Edition and then to the Jacuzzi of as we prefer to call it "The Bubble Machine"
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #26  
Head Princess

Ohhhhhhhh Morti, we'd have too much fun! Have you read the Confessions of a Bad Girl thread? I'm sure you could contribute some fun there
Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 PM   #27  

How do you think I know you'd fit in with our group of friends? Some of my not so finer moments have been spent with our friends. I'll have to think about posting in that thread. Gotta reputation to keep up!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #28  
The Princess O' Pets

my further advice shimma, get a feliway diffuser for your room, you can buy it at the local vet and it puts good pheremone smell in your room so he will not urinate in your room, tell your sis to clean your bed and her litterbox!!! You can't get mad at him for something that is your sisters fault.

Sorry to make you mad Shimma I was just trying to help!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #29  
Somethin's gotta give

@#$%&^* @#^%$#....Wrote out a big long thing, then went backwards to check the first page and came back to nothing!Couldnt get it back no matter what I did!

so....
I'll say Hi and have a great day to everyone

But I have to say this to you Rhonda....if my sister ( whose name is Rhonda btw) thought it was funny when the cat peed on my bed...she'd go night night only to find someone had dumped a dirty cat box in hers....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #30  

Shimma: Death for bladder problems! Such a drastic solution. Can you imagine if we did that to anything that had bladder problems? Little children? Yikes!

Star: Ooh...the evilness... I'm wondering if I should almost be feeling sorry for your poor friend, Tim! Am I getting the impression that you and your friend D enjoy torturing him?!

Morti: ouch with the landrover! These gas prices are killers. They're actually bringing those 'smart' cars to Canada...I don't know if you've seen them, but they are tiny two seaters, and they are going to try and market them as a city commuter kind of car, I believe. Anyway, they are extremely cute, and have been used in Europe for a number of years now, and they use about 3.5 litres diesel per 100 km (I think ~ 1.5gal/100mile). Do they have them down there at all, do you know? (http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040212-2.htm)

Julie