Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday Chat - May 13th

Good Morning

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:36 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Default Good Morning!!

From Sunny Arizona!

Now...bedtime for Noodles. LOL!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Just fixed my second cup of I've got a zillion things I should be doing (ok well, not a zillion, more like a hundred) but I'm playing on the computer instead.

My niece is getting married tomorrow night and both my boys are in the wedding. Picked up their tuxes yesterday. Tonight is the rehearsal and then a crawfish boil for the rehearsal dinner. Only in Louisiana huh! Tomorrow I'm only working til noon, so that I can pick up the grooms cake and bring it to the church and then home to get dressed and make sure everybody looks perfect in their tuxes.

My oldest son finished his finals yesterday for his second semester of college. There were college kids all over the place doing the happy dance bec they were so glad to be through with finals. Now they're just waiting on grades.

After work yesterday I went shopping with youngest son for him to pick out a "promise ring" for his girlfriend's graduation present. He picked out a pretty white gold ring with a cut out heart on top with a tiny stone in the middle of the heart.

Leenie - did you get to do your 2 miles WATP tape yesterday? you go girl!

Noodles - hope you're feeling better! stay away from that honey! wow!

Where is the rest of our gang? what's everybody up to?

will check back later

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #4  

Wink Morning!

Morning!

I hope all had a wonderful weekend and/or a wonderl Mother's Day! I would of checked in earlier but I was out of town for work and returned last night.

I walked the Dog for 12 City blocks today and decided to rollerblade as well but that did not end as well. Rollerbladed two miles and fell so no I have scraped knees (yes, deservedly so since there were no knee pads) becasue I fell just inches before hitting the grass. Such a woman-child.

Cathy congrats to your niece and good luck with all the running around! I hope you have fun!

Hello to Sue, Leenie, Noodles and everyone else.

Quote of the day:
I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
Albert Einstein

be well.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cathy and Leens, and hello to GM
Just passing through, I wanted to say hello and see how you are doing. The boards seem quiet, it must be the nice weather.

We have 12 more days of school left and I can't wait.

Not much else going on, lots of volenteer thank you lunches in the next 2 weeks, gonna do my best....

from the NE
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:37 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Summer sorry about your knees but it sounded like you had a heck of a work out, way to go !! How did your business trip go ? I had a nice mom's day, can't complain, thanks.

Cathy, nope I didn't get to do my tape OY. The ring your son picked out sounds so sweet, you really have nice boys, but thats expected with such a wonderful mom that they have Enjoy the craw (ICK) fish and most of all enjoy the wedding and seeing your sons in them, how proud you must be. HUGS.

Hi L, good to see you as always, you know the boards have been very slow but thats expected for this time of year, just wait until the kids get out of school and are bored, they will find this site and well, be naughty lol, happens every year.

Nothing much new today, the biggie boss is here and keeping me hidden behind my desk b/c I am wearing jeans, .... and they are a no no here, OY, caught again lol.

Noodles, have a wonderful nippy nappy noopie, enjoy, I'm jealous

Toodles.....
Old 05-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey L - so good to see ya!!!!! nice to see a post from ya!

I'll be glad when school is out too. Youngest son goes until May 27 or 28, so we are almost there and will get a break from that routine. Once school is out, and I no longer have to bring him to school in the mornings (besides the fact that he gets his full drivers license on his birthday, May 25), then I am hoping to be able to do my WATP tapes in the mornings before getting cleaned up for work. I think that will work out much better for me, I will get a better work out, get it done first thing, and I'm looking forward to it!

Leenie - I have on khaki pants today, but had on jeans yesterday. Jeans work well around here because it is a construction company. I love my jeans.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #8  
CIN

Hi Gang!
I worked all morning on getting laundry & ironing caught up so I wont have to again for a couple weeks!

May 22nd we are having a HUGE yard sale with household & office stuff. I am working very hard at sorting and pricing everything a little each day.I can hardly wait to clear out the clutter cause when it is over NOTHING is coming back in This house.Goodwill here we come!Since we moved in Dec I hung on to the "good junk" for a good sale!

Having a few health issues.........tests,,,tests and more tests..........will share when I know more..............keep me in your prayers if you all pray and I know a lot of you do!I have positive attitude and BIG FAITH

Leave for work in a few.just switched with another Leader and in a week or so.crammed all 5 meetings on Mon & Tuesdays so I am free the rest of week! mAKES ME HAPPY CAMPER!

Of course I am a happy OLD camper anyway!

Have a good rest of the day.

Great to see L popping in.long time no see.............and some new faces..........WELCOME

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #9  

Good afternoon everyone

DH & I left at 6:30 A.M. yesterday & arrived 10 hours later....at DS1's place....the wedding is at 1 P.M. on Saturday. Future daughter in law found out last night....where they were getting the flowers....they went bankrupt....so she is working on plan B. She went for a pedicure today.
The rehersal dinner is tonight...the rehersal is at 7 P.M. at the church.

I will come here again when I have time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #10  

I felt sick most of the night so after R left, I went back to bed. I woke up at 7:30 and knew my heart was having another bout of atrial fibrillation. I took my meds and watched my BP and pulse for about 90 minutes. It was still across the board with a heart rate of anywhere from 78 to 143. So...off to the doctor. He ran an AKG, did blood work and took an xray. He gave me instructions and put me back on blood thinner. Tomorrow I get another EKG and if necessary, I will get a shock treatment.

At least, I'm not in the hospital for the weekend!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

Tippy sorry to hear about your heart....would he actually cardiovert you only after 24 hours of blood thinner? I hope you are back to full form soon!~

Cin what is happening? Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

April and Cathy have fun with your weddings!

Big hello to everyone else!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies!

It’s been a looooooong day. Work was a bit stressful heh but at least tonight I don’t have my English class so I get home at 6 instead of 8.

Leenie – (in reply to WATP) Ahhh… interesting. What is it like? Music that you can walk to? Sounds like something I might try. I noticed you mentioned it was a 2-mile tape. How do you judge that? Do you make them yourself or buy them as that? Are you figuring 20 minutes of walking is 1 mile or what not? HEHEHEH sorry so many questions, I think that’s kewl, and I may make myself a “WATP” cd or something to that effect

Cathyxxx – I have finals coming up during the first week of june. I’ll be doing the happy dance as well when they are done hehehe… I’ve decided not to take summer school. I need some time off to gather myself and give myself some “me” time that I hear everyone talking about. I could use some.

GEMonster – You know, I bought some rollerblades like hmmm 4 (give or take) years ago. They been sitting in my closet, used them once or twice. I can skate but when it comes to these in-line skates… I think I should have bought regular skates LOL. If I slim down some, I’ll take them out again, and hopefully the fall won’t be so hard hehe.

CIN – You will be in my thoughts and prayers for your tests.

Tippy – I’m sorry to hear about how things are going… *warm hugs* I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers also.

Take Care Ladies…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #13  

Talking hey check,

Hello, this is Flowers, son, i am supposed to let you know how she is, by the way my name is anthony(not tony) she is great, she had a great flight, she loves it so far, and her "schedule is different everyday", , lol, well i look foward to posting some more, lots more info come'in right at ya...... yeah i know i posted this in wensdays chat bored too, o well, i'm not at this bored

Au revoir, mon ami (french: good bye, my friend)
Anthony hehe,
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Anthony (not Tony) <--- cute !!! I'm really glad your Mom is doing well, she's gonna have a wonderful time and mostly she's gonna learn alot about herself. She often brags about what a good son she has, she is very proud of you Thanks for keeping us posted, we love her here too and can't wait to hear more.

Tippy, hey lady whats going on ? do you feel any better, sheesh. Take care of yourself or I'll have no one to say ^^^ to.

SueMarie, WATP is an exercise tape that is put out by Leslie Sanson (sp?) everything during the workout she does is calculated, so you know and they show you on the video when you've hit the 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 1 1/2 mile and 2 mile mark. She also has a 1 mile tape which is alot less intense, actually I don't sweat at all with the first video but the second one, the tempo is faster and thats where I feel it. She also has a 3 mile tape. I think she has a website, or you could do a search for Walk Away The Pounds and check it out. I like it b/c you are simulating walking w/out leaving your home I know this is bad but some times I do it bare feet

April, your poor DIL to be, do you know while I was getting my wedding dress on, the day of my wedding, my DJ called to cancel but gave me a subsitute...... OY VEY there was nothing I could do at the time so I went with the subsitute guy and lets just say it could have been better Hugs to you all.

Cin, Yard Sale !!! I luv's em. But at the same time I'm trying to get all the junk out of my house too. Please let us know when your more comfortable how you are feeling and you know you are in my prayers. Hugs.

Liz whats happenin chickie poo, are you still working night hrs ? How's your daughter doing?

Okay time for tomorrow's thread................. zooooooom !
Old 05-16-2004, 05:35 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
SueMarie, WATP is an exercise tape that is put out by Leslie Sanson (sp?) everything during the workout she does is calculated, so you know and they show you on the video when you've hit the 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 1 1/2 mile and 2 mile mark. She also has a 1 mile tape which is alot less intense, actually I don't sweat at all with the first video but the second one, the tempo is faster and thats where I feel it. She also has a 3 mile tape. I think she has a website, or you could do a search for Walk Away The Pounds and check it out. I like it b/c you are simulating walking w/out leaving your home I know this is bad but some times I do it bare feet
I have WATP.I suggest if you start SueMarie; to start with the One mile to make sure you like it.... I love WATP; at one point I was up to 4.5 miles.Now I am slacking
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote