Old 05-03-2004, 03:23 AM   #1  

Default Monday Chat May 3rd

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

It's 3:30 am here and I am still up so I thought I would get us started on this lovely Monday morning!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't do much. Went to the surprise birthday party for DH's co-worker. We had a good time and they had grilled chicken so we both managed to stay OP. And for the BIGGIE...we stayed away from the dessert table. I was soooooooo proud of both of us. Especially since they had some great looking homemade desserts out there. Well, hubby is out of town on his fishing trip. I had planned to go, but it's raining like crazy here and I didn't really feel like going up there and feeling like I at least had to fish with him part of the time. I love fishing, but not in the rain! It's supposed to clear up this afternoon, so I am sure he will have a great trip. I also decided that I needed to get some long overdue housework done! Figured now would be the perfect opportunity to get that done since I will be home alone til Wednesday night, and off work til Friday. Seems really weird and extremely quiet here though but so far I am enjoying the time to myself. I think that we all need to take time for ourselves once in a while, and I am the type of person who NEVER does that. Hope I haven't bored everyone too much! Hope you all have a great day, and I will check back in later. Gonna go to dreamland now!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Lisa: I don't know what time to myself would be like! Like you I don't take it. Have fun with it and enjoy yourself!! Congrats on staying on program!!

Ok. So today is another day. I've learned another lesson (DON'T eat at in-laws house). So it's back to my WOE before this weekend happened. What happened this weekend to trigger the letting go? Good question. I'm still trying to figure that out. DH told me we need to go to the store and buy me some jeans . Which WOULD seem sweet if there wasn't an underlying message which is "I need to look for a turkey call so we'll make this an excuse to have to go for YOU instead of ME." That's ok. I'll go actually TRY jeans on and maybe buy a pair. OH!!! Forgot to tell ya!! My mom had this size 8 jeans (not stretch. They were Rider jeans) that were tight on her and she wanted me to try them on (she likes to compare the two of us. So unfair!)....and they fit (with a pinky room to spare!!). WOOHOO!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Unfortunately, I've returned from my FL vacation! However, amazingly, I got in about 21 miles of exercise last week and I'm actually down a pound this morning!!!!

By the way, is it normal to want to relocate to FL on your first trip there as an adult??
I swear if we could have we would have just stayed and made a life there!!! I know living would be different than vacationing, but it certainly was depressing to go from 80 degrees on the beach Sat morning to 40 degrees and raining (Ohio) Saturday night!!!

I'm still depressed!

Talk to you later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All!

Lori: Welcome back from vacation.... just imagine Florida in the heat .... EXTREME heat... of the middle of the summer. You'll be loving your nice cool Ohio summer.... we just gotta wait for it to get here.

Brenda: Congrats on the jeans!

Lisa: Enjoy the time to yourself!!!!

As for me... My hurting back has seriously stunted any amount of exercising that I've wanted to do. I don't think I've done anything at all for about 2 weeks. Add that in with the fact that I fell off the wagon this past weekend because I was laid up and couldn't go grocery shopping and my BF was being such a doll and making me meals.... just not LC ones. So, I weighed in this morning and I'm up 5 lbs. i'm sure I'll lose a few between today and tomorrow (as is what always happens... must be water) and I'll only be up 2 lbs. Ugh. However, I AM making my end of May challenge goal come or high water! And, as soon as the chiropractor gets my back fixed I will be walking and doing pilates on my regular schedule again! I'm also gonna do that couch potato to 5k schedule as soon as school lets out.

Oh yeah, when I put my application in at Target, they said to pick up the phone and it would connect me to a manager and we'd schedule an interview. Well, this chick answered and said they'd have a manager call and schedule an interview. It's been almost a week... do I call? Or do I just figure that yet another place doesn't want to hire a teacher.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning everyone!

Shimma - argh, that's frustrating ... it completely irriates me when people say they will do something and then don't. I guess you should call them back and try again to schedule an interview - maybe the message was never relayed properly to the manager? Good luck with that!

Lori - good you had fun in FL! I've been there a bunch of times, ever since I was a kid. It always seemed to be the place my parents went to for vacations. Partly because we had friends who are retired and have a trailer down there in Lakeland (somewhere near Tampa), so free lodging!

Brenda: congrats on the size 8! Wow!

Mrs H: ooh, I want to try fishing someday, for real. Even though I lived out on a farm, with rivers and great lakes and such all around, I never did really go fishing. My dad just wasn't into it. My fishing experience includes wading in the river and trying to catch minnows with a plastic container.

Well, my morning is already off to a rough start. I wanted to upload a toolbox at work, but I discovered that my zip files which I ftp'ed over are corrupt, so I can't do that (the original files are on my computer at home). And then my computer at work has a fatal error, so I can't even log on, and I *really* need this software that is *only* loaded on my computer. And I only have 1 week left here at work, so I *have* to get this stuff done. Bah. Mondays are usually bad enough as it is!

And isn't it amazing how we adjust to temperature so much? Over the weekend, we had temperatures at 24 Celsius, but with humidity, it was more like 29 Celsius (in F, I think that's in the 80s somewhere?) and I thought I was going to die from heat. It just jumped up from 10 C. You'd think I'd be happy about warm weather, but I was *way* too hot this weekend. What happened to the nice 18/19 degree weather that spring should bring?
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #6  

Good morning. I am soooooo tired. We had a wedding last night! Yes on a Sunday night. Didn't get home until 11:00. I need sleep.....................

The only thing bad I ate was a couple of crab rangoons.....can't pass them up! Other than that I was good. Had on a dress that I haven't worn in about 5 years. Looked great! And funny....when I wore it 5 years ago I thought I was fat! Another wedding this Saturday so I am going to be good, good, good this week so that I fit perfectly into the other dress.

Lisa: Enjoy your time alone. Sometimes I wouldn't mind some "alone time" myself. We all need it even them.

Brenda: Way to go with the size 8 jeans!!!!!

Lori: Congrats on being down a pound after a vacation!!!! I am impressed. My dh would so love to move to Florida. Glad you had such a nice time.

Rhonda: I would definitely call them. Can't hurt. Those pounds will go away fast. I have had that happen too.

Lekker: We had such warm weather over the weekend and now it is rainy today and looks like it is going to be that way most of the week. And I just bought some new capri pants and the cutest little sandles too! Looks like we will have to wait for those.

Well off to start work. Will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:55 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Hello darlings!

Another weekend, over! Probably good since I seem to keep injuring myself on the weekends.

Lisa - WTG at staying on plan and have a great time!

Brenda - Yee-haw on those side 8's! That'll show her!

Lori - Jina lives in Florida. I bet she could answer your questions.

Rhonda - Definitely call back and check in with them. Let us know how it goes.

Julie - Hope your day gets better! That's not a fun way to start a Monday!

Jane - I'm so glad the dress worked! Doesn't that just feel great?

I ended up staying in on Friday night (I know, not like me at all) and then getting up at god-awful 4:30 in the morning on Saturday to take my friend Tim to the airport so he can spend the week in Portugal - the big jerk! I told him he had to bring me back presents

Saturday, DH and I went to a bbq at a friend's house. They were so sweet and made sure there was stuff I could eat. One of the guys at the bbq had been salmon fishing earlier in the day so they cooked the fish he caught - 1/2 with brown sugar and 1/2 with lemons (for me!). DH left around 8:30 to go to work and the grown-ups all went to the bar. I ended up being chased around and tripped on a curb so now I have this huge ugly bruise on my wristh. Ugh! After the bar, we ended up at a cemetary - something about watching a statue of Mary dance. I didn't get it. Then some of the people in the group came over to my house until around 5:30 Sunday morning. What a day!

Sunday was just lounging around. We looked at some new cars - not to buy, just to look. Then we hung out at another friend's for a while. Then home to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1. I fell asleep at 8:30 last night and didn't wake up till 7 this morning. Think I was tired?

I'm still being good though. I got a diet coke w/lime instead of the coffee that I so desperately want.

Hope everyone has a great day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:13 PM   #8  

You guys are such inspirations! It's nice to see so many people sticking to plan, especially when it's so hard sometimes. I stuck to plan this weekend, but am up a couple pounds this morning. I did make that "fluff" however from the recipes website. I'm choosing to tell myself that the sunburn from this wonderful Portland weather is making me retain water. Am I reach'n or what?

Wow, I need some scale movement downward soon...
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #9  
Head Princess

You're in Portland, too? Did I already ask this? Where are you? TG and I are both in the area.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Howdy all!
back on track for me after one too many dirty martinis this weekend

Mrs H~ Isnt that weird?...they go, youre sad....you start to see what you can get done ( or not done) on your own, you're happy....you start to miss them, youre sad...they come home..youre happy...they start to act like themselves and you're confused as to why you were ever sad.

Brenda~ Weekends are the hardest for me....but theres nothing that perks a weekend up like showin up the Moms!

Lori~It's 95 and dry here...not even any water to look out on...I'll join ya in Florida!

Rhonda~ I'd call them...they get so many apps. sometimes the only way to get it is the squeeky wheel theory....

Lekker~ Are computers the most frustrating??...We are having to tear down and reconfigure ours at home...from scratch!....transferring alone is going to take us a week...

Jane~ Crab Rangoons in a skinny girl dress...sound like Heaven!

Star~If I had a nickel for everytime I've "ended up in a cemetery"..well...I'd have a boatload O' nickels...

Love~ The best advice I've heard is from Star....don't look at the specific pounds...as long as the high and low end continue to change...Im gonna weigh myself once a week or else I get number phobia...

Last edited by marie.; 05-03-2004 at 12:29 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Talking

My BF got the internship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #12  
Head Princess

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #13  

Shimma - yay for your BF! What is his internship for, if I may ask?

Star - maybe Mary wasn't dancing because you hadn't drank enough? I actually find cemetaries quite interesting... is that weird? A friend and I once spent half a day wandering around a cemetary in Dublin, Ireland, just looking for interesting headstones and quotes and really old graves and things. Come to think of it, I spent quite a bit of time in Europe in cemetaries. I even went to that big one in Paris (where Jim Morrison and a whole bunch of other well-knowns are buried) twice! Like there wasn't anything else I could do while I was in Paris!

So, the computer guy came to look at my computer, he puttered around for awhile, then said he'd be back. Although that was probably 2 hours ago. Once I figure I've waited a suitable amount of time, I guess I'll go nag IT again.

Hey there Love & marie!
Old 05-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

For the Winnebago Soil and Water Conservation District as an Agricultural Engineer... yadda yadda... but it'll give him the experience he needs to get a REAL job... AND... it gives him 6 senior hour credits... which he needs to graduate.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #15  

Awesome! Yeah, experience is so important, sometimes, or so it seems from all job adverts. I am lucky because my undergrad degree was co-op. So every other 4 months I was on an internship with an engineering company, so I got to try out several companies and also several types of engineering jobs. I'll be starting the job hunt later this summer...