Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-03-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday, May 3rd - Chat

Good Morning

BRB
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Good Morning Too!

Time for bed for me... Been up all night doing admin work at the other site plus jump rope research. I get on a roll and before you know it it's 6:30 am! hahahaaha...

Have a good day all!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Just finishing my 2nd cup of . It is (finally) a beautiful day around here. Yesterday as we went into Sunday School and church it was cold and windy and grey and misty outside, but when we came out the sun was shining - sooooooooo nice! This morning it was 50, and the sky is BLUE and the sun is shining. Absolutely beautiful and it sure helps my pms.

Leenie - if you don't already know.....guess what girlie? Third Day has a new album coming out tomorrow called "Wire". I can't wait to run over to the Christian Book Store and pick that up during lunch tomorrow. I love their music.

Noodles - staying up all night cannot be good for your healing eyes? do I need to come over there and "mother" you! hehehehehe girlie, please take care of yourself.

Youngest ds has a big band concert tonight. He is a drummer and they have 5 songs that they are doing by themselves. They also have some "tunes" they be playing on trashcans. They did something like that last year and it was so cool. I also figured out why all the drummers were bruised up. hehehehehe

Sounds like everybody had a good weekend.

Hope all is well in your world.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 05-04-2004 at 10:31 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #4  

Hey everyone!

Had a great weekend off! DD 12 had a wonderful confirmation and party following....there ended up being 19 people for supper after....I made meatballs, veggie lasag and meat lasag, garlic bread, ceaser salade and strawberry shortcake. It was a wonderful celebration of dd and I think she really needed a pick me up after the week she has had.

Only one down side to the weekend is my basement had some flooding so I have been spending all morning sorting that out....thankfully my sis showed up to help and my mom is supposed to be coming by.

I have the heat off and the fans blowing and three stand up fans going with the windows open..it is none too warm in here.

I left my outdoor hose attached to the back facet all winter so it froze and cracked and when I did my spring cleaning outside on saturday and watered the grass the basement got a watering too! The good news is it isn't 'finished' (the only time I have been happy about that)....and there was too much in the way to get damaged....

Hope you are all having a great start to the week,

I have been in a dark hole since NOV and I am just now beginning to crawl out...it feels good to feel alive again ...if this had of happened a few months ago I would never be coping so well.

Have a good one everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

Just dropping in to say hi....am going for a pedicure soon....a gift from DH for my birthday.

Liz....I was wondering if you have seasonal affective disorder....that is when mine starts....in November until April....are you getting treatment for this?....hopefully you are.

See you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #6  

Hey April.......not sure what I have.........I think I have "Life Sucked for awhile there"......not sure........I never know how you really know if it is something worth treating......good days and bad that is for sure....what are you using April and on a scale of 1-10 how well do you think it is doing.

Thanks for the note........I am having my lab work reviewed by my Doctor this month....I will see how things go.

Liz

p.s. enjoy your pedicure!
Old 05-03-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies!

I had an eventful weekend! Friday night I found a puddle in front of my fridge. Looks like the icemaker was leaking, boy was I wrong. The whole fridge stopped working! So we had to gather all the food we could and run down to the parents place to stuff everything in their fridge. We lost a lot of food in the end tho. We have a warranty on it but they can't come out til Wednesday to fix it!! The funny thing is, James and I were just talking about how we should take everything out and give the fridge a wipe down... this was NOT how we hoped it would happen hehehe. So we spent the whole weekend eating the fruits and veggies before they wilted and went bad. What a healthy weekend! Okie okie I admit it, we cheated! We went to Carls Jr and grabbed a meal on Sunday. We were getting tired of carrots and apples. BUT! I got a chicken sandwich so it wasn't that bad... hehe... right?

My job is turning out to be rather interesting. A few of the students commented on how I was much nicer than the previous Instructional Assistant they had. That made my day right away. Then for the rest of 6th period, which was science (ick not my subject but wasn't that bad), when the kids finished up with their work, they actually came and talked to me and we were talking about music and stuff and we were laughing. It was really kewl. Wednesday I get my real test though. I'll be working with a 5th period class, which is social studies (again not my subject, I prefer math, english and art hehehe), anyways Wednesday I'll have my full 2 hours working with a class that is supposed to be made up of a majority of discipline problems. I was in the class Friday, but only for 15 minutes. So I’ll get a full period with them on Wednesday.

April – I’ve started weighing myself in the mornings now before jumping in the shower hehehe and yes in my birthday suite like you mentioned in a previous post. I don’t have a digital scale, mine is just a standard dial scale. I figured if I can get down below 300lbs I would invest in one of those digital ones, the ones that do body fat and weight.

*** Does anyone have one of those body fat / weigh scales? Curious as to how well they work. ***

Leenie – Yes! The mirror trick works great. Here’s the funny thing then. I now weigh 370. I dunno if the previous weight I got of 377 was correct then? Because I was leaning over to read the dial? But either way, I know when they weighed me back in February at the doctors, they weighed me in at I think 373? Then I lost 7lbs from stress which I gained back putting me at 375lbs. So this means I lost somewhere between 5-7lbs, depending on whether or not I got an accurate reading prior to using the mirror trick.

Flower – Yes I’m really enjoying my job. However, I find myself cramming to get a lot of my homework done. I just gotta learn to stop procrastinating. I like to put my papers off til last minute, and I can’t do that now hehehe, especially with being gone 8am to 8pm on Tuesday and Thursdays. The rest of the week is just half a day I’m gone, but it cuts out a lot of time from what I used to have either way.

Welcome April Pepper! This is a wonderful and supportive place.

Liz & April - I think i've been through those "Life Sucked For a While" syndrome as well... funny thing is, I haven't been depressed in a while. I honestly think it's stress related. A while back I spoke with a person in the Psychological Counseling department at Cal State, was told a few things and I was suppose to make an appt once Spring Term started, but I never did. I should tho, soon. But either way, I've actually been well for a while. Altho there have been some times where I've kinda mellowed out, but nothing like what I have been.

Sue...

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-03-2004 at 02:30 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

It always seems I write a novel heheheh, does this mean I talk to much?

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:21 PM   #9  

Hi
HI
Busy day
Hope to have time to stop back later.
Hugs to everyone

Thinking about doing the radar program. Has any one heard of it here. http://www.raderprograms.com/

flower
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't been in here to much.

Noodles, how are you feeling ? I read you took your stitches out

Liz, I was thinking the same thing April wrote about SAD. I also have that. When spring comes around I feel like a new person. And what you described, I get the the same feelings and symptoms. You always make me so hungry when you describe your parties, lasagna and garlic bread oh how dreamy lol.

April, a pedicure, wow, never had anyone play w/my toes b/4. Is it fun ? lol

Cathy do you video tape your son's concerts ? that sounds like alot of fun. You certainly are an active mom.

Nothing much is new here sosdd.
I'll be talking more as the week progresses.

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Leenie - definitely I video tape his concerts (and everything else my kids have ever done). We have about 20 vhs tapes completely full of home movies wouldn't you just love to sit and watch all of that! matter of fact I brought all my video stuff with me today bec I needed to charge up all the batteries, and get it all ready for tonight and there won't be time for that after work and before the concert!

Hey Leenie - I'm gonna pick up that new album at noon tomorrow and plan to listen to it while I'm walking and will let you know how it is.

Flower - I've never heard about the rader program - what ya think about it?

SueMarie - I enjoy reading your posts! You just keep on writing. So sorry to hear about your refrigerator tho.

Liz - so glad you are feeling better! If you'd move down here with me, spring would hit a whole lot sooner.

April - what color are your toenails after your pedicure?

Wonder how the rest of our gang is doing today???
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:47 PM   #12  

Hi again everyone

Liz....do you feel sad from November to April?......does it happen for many years in a row?....do you remember times in past winters where you felt sad some of the time.....I was like that on & off for the last 23 years....plus 1 episode in Jan.1964. Three winters ago....I was sad all winter....the next 2 winters were the same.

Three winters ago.....I was finally diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder.
The counselor I see at mental health...said...depression is a chronic illness & it must be treated. I use a light box from the beginning of October...until the end of April.
Also I am on Celexa....40 mg....I do find that being on the Celexa.....I am really tired all the time...have a hard time getting up in the morning....feel exhausted a lot during the day....have naps several times during the week....I think I will be going to see the doctor about this.
The worst month is January....even though I am on an antidepressant....there are still days where I feel sad.
The counselor said....it's not enough to just take an antidepressant & think that is all you have to do....when you are in a depression. It is a learning process....about how to make yourself feel better....when you are depressed....by the things you do.

Liz....depression is worth treating....you are worth having treatment. My kids grew up with a depressed mother.....they are grown up now....one of them has talked to me about remembering...when he was a kid....how I was depressed....sometimes I feel guilty about being depressed back then.

Now as far as how I feel on a score of 1 to 10....it varies with the day....in January.....I might have been at a 1 or 2....now....8 or 9.

Cathy.....I didn't get polish on my nails....but the pedicure felt great anyway....it is so nice to feel pampered once in a while.

April

Last edited by april99; 05-03-2004 at 06:52 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #13  

The weekend was quiet. We didn't go to church and took it easy all Sunday morning. We went to four stores and, wowsers, do crowds bug me.

In the grocery store, I pulled out of the checkout line and left R to do it cause my electric cart is so big. I spotted a little girl looking teary eyed. After I saw her pass by a few times, looking all over, I figured she was lost. When R got to me, I had him watch her to see where she was going and I found an employee. The young woman took over. Poor little girl looked so scared. Why oh why don't parents watched their little ones!?

Still working with the builder, getting our house plans perfect. Fortunately, R has a house plan program and we can actutally visualize how the inside of the house will look. The outside too, for that matter! We can even landscape.

See ya later..........
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #14  

Thanks everyone and esp April for your support and ideas......I will keep you posted.......been cleaning up flood waters all day.......exhausted..........I am working on relocating to california or hawaii with my family and do some travel nursing....dd 12 really wants to travel.....so it should be ok.....so ya spring will be longer.....

Liz
Old 05-04-2004, 02:27 AM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Noodles - staying up all night cannot be good for your healing eyes? do I need to come over there and "mother" you! hehehehehe girlie, please take care of yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Noodles, how are you feeling ? I read you took your stitches out...

I'm ok girls! Really!! The stitches that I took out were already dissolved on the inside and just hanging around on the outside, driving me nuts!! Just imaging having thread in your eyes...curled up in a lil pig shaped tail. That's what they did and my eyes would of got infected if I didn't get them out of there. Dr. Wonderful told me they might start to do that and if I saw them hanging around like that I could pluck them out but at the time he said that I was like ewwwwwww.....ut uh!! Until they started itching and driving me insane. I held out as long as I could. Finally I had to do something before I climbed the walls with my fingernails. I feel soooooo much better now. And don't worry, I still have the other stitches in and I cant get to those but they are behind the eye so they can't drive me bananas either. The things we must go through to be able to see...I tell ya it makes me appreciate my sight alot more so now than I ever did.

Rset of ya: . Sorry to hear about all of the floods and what-nots going wrong. Just remember, stuff cant go wrong ALL of the time...Something has to go right sooner or later. We deserve it to go right!! We're women!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote