South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday Chat - May 7

It's going to be another gorgeous day around here although it's a tad chilly at the moment at 36 ºF. I did have a few sips of coffee on the deck while the Girls checked out their yard for intruders but was glad to come back inside.

It was a busy Sunday with an early Mother's Day celebration wedged in between Church and Lucy's class. It was great to see my kids and GD even for a short time. Lucy and I visited Harry after her class and had a beer with him. He's recovering nicely from his Friday operation although the head is painful. My first beer of the summer and possibly my last. We were all in bed by nine last night.

I'm off to the gym and then will do some gardening. Tonight I go to a concert (Vivaldi) with my friend Doug. We both love classical music and his wife, my friend Claire, does not although she fakes it! It'll be an early supper for me unless we decide to have dinner in Kingston first. I still have Eastside Marios gift cards from Christmas that I must use up!

Whoops! It's after six so I need breakfast and then take off for the gym for 7:30.

What are you doing for yourself today to make this a Marvy Monday?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 AM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning and a merry Monday morning to you all!

Coffee's brewing and I'm ready to get a new week started. I have been so far off the charts the last many days, it's not even funny. One of these days I might find a happy medium.

It is still raining this morning. I need to turn on the news to see if we've had any flooding here in town...lots of places around the state are under water after all the weekend storms.

Ruth - You always have so much going on!! Make me feel like a lazy bum for just going to work and coming home to play with the kids. Enjoy the gym this morning.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Jet, I was worried about you. Glad to see you haven't whizzed off to Oz in your red shoes!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:58 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Looking forward to a productive week!

Went to a retirement luncheon yesterday at a beautiful plantation house around the corner from my house. I was the organizer of the event and it turned out very well. I was a little worried that I would not be able to eat from the buffet and it turned out there were a lot of SB friendly foods. I gazed at the seafood pasta dish for a second, but resisted. After the luncheon, a few couples came to my house for wine and desserts that another friend had made..it would have been so easy to pop one of these yummy looking little pecan tarts in my mouth..but I behaved. I did have 3 glasses of wine though.

Later on in the evening someone suggested that we go out to eat. I had a grilled trout and steamed vegetables. That's what I really like about this "diet"..there is always something on the menu that is "allowed" and that makes it easy to stay on track.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey hey ladies... i was away for the weekend. let's pretend today is my first day of phase 2 and not ask what i ate... I was with some friends from online who are all stepmoms like me.... we had a blast.

i'm off from work today and going to do laundry and clean... i'm making some nice Bob's Red Mill veggie soup.... and boiling eggs....

have a great monday gang.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #6  
Mama on a Mission!!!

S/C/G: 176/174/145

Jet, I'm so glad everyone's okay there. I know what it feels like to be in the middle of tornado alley - SO SCARY! Hang in there.

Well...it's yet another sticky, humid, nasty day here in big "D." I would love to be up there where it's 36 degrees and sunny! I'm already missing the cold weather around here.

My DD's softball team wound up finishing their tournament in 3rd place, so we had a wonderfully fun and exhausting weekend. This was many of the girls first season to play, so placing in 3rd was terrific. I was so proud of them.

I had a few challenges this weekend. Some of which I overcame and some I didn't. We went out to eat with my DD's team after their last game yesterday and I totally stayed OP (always a challenge for me). My DH had to work all weekend, so I was on my own with all three kids for seven days straight and was mentally fried last night, so....here's the bad part....I had a large rum and diet coke after my OP dinner last night. I'm really kicking myself for it now, because I'm retaining a ton of water this am. Ugh...no more of that!

Well...I'm off to straighten up the house a bit and get moving. Y'all have a wonderful day!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/245/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm new around here and thought I would jump in. I personally had a very unproductive weekend, as I have been sick since Friday. I am finally starting to feel better and should be well enough for work tomorrow. You know, I was sick back in January, and was drinking apple juice like a fish, ended up gaining weight. This time, no apple juice, chicken broth instead, and what to do you know, I lost. Started off solid food again this morning with some scrambled eggs.

One thing I want to do this week is start an exercise regimen. I have to be careful because I have problems with my knees. I don't really want to do swimming, as I am just not there yet, if you know what I mean, lol. Might shop around for a gym to join... I was also thinking of getting a personal trainer, but I am not sure what to look for. Has anyone had experience with this?

Hope you all have a great day!

Carey
Old 05-07-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Happy Monday Morning Chicks,
Everyone seems as busy as usual. I myself am no exception. I've been fairly busy this weekend and didn't have anytime to post. Phase 2 is going well. I started to lose weight again after adding in more calories to my diet. It rained all weekend here in GA, of course nothing like KS. JET-I hope you and your family are doing well.
Ruth- Busy as a bee as usual. I don't know how you do it.
Anyways,
Good Luck staying OP chicks,
Pohai
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #9  

Batten down the hatches!!! It's a blustery Monday here in Nerth Caroliner! Definitely sweater weather and pull yer hair back in a pony tail day!

Ruth! Vivaldi how Divine!!!!! Enjoy !

Jet: we're breathing a sigh of relief that you are okay in Kansas! Just heartbreaking!

Femme: a luncheon in an ole Louisiana Plantation sounds like a setting for a movie or a magazine cover! Give yerself a well deserved pat on the back !!!........You too
Mama! Good job stayin on plan..and keepin yer sanity!

freshorangina! I guess the most important thing about exercising is fine something you like first..I love to walk.. and I lift light weights... I've dropped so much money on gyms and never took advantage of the membership -so it was wasted on me... I would love to try a personal trainer though!
browneyed!!!!!

Time to take the furkids for their 2 miler.. then off to the eye doctor to get me peepers checked... they are driving me crazy.. I use to wear contacts but have started to just wear my glasses all the time... I can't see up close with my contact or glasses anymore.. So my glasses are constantly being flipped up on my head, then down..up/down--and I started to do that thing I hate...pushing them down off my nose and peering over them! Hopefully I can go back to contacts as I am having a devil of a time getting use to wearing glasses... ok gals fer all!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm back and all refreshed and recharged after my hectic weekend. Carley and I had a great "Gramma and me" day on Saturday, and of course I spoiled her rotten, then my older grandddaughter and I watched a movie together and caught up on what's going on in her life while Carley was napping later in the afternoon. Saturday night my DD and I went to see Menopause, and I really enjoyed that! I even got up onstage and danced! Since my son-in-law is part of the show, I got to meet several members of the cast, which was a lot of fun, too. Afterwards, we went to Red Hot & Blue for ribs and listened to a blues band til the wee hours of the night. Yesterday was pay-back, though, from all that excitement. I was dragging all day, but it was worth it.
I'm glad I have the morning off to get some things done around here. I went to Curves first, then stopped in to have a coffee with my mother. Now I have laundry going, and I want to cook a nice supper to have ready for Jake to heat up tonight, since I'll be working late. I really should get some dusting and vacuuming done, too, and balance the checkbook .

Ruth, I'm glad Harry is recuperating nicely. Enjoy the concert tonight, classical music is so soothing, especially Vivaldi.

Jet, whew! I'm glad you made it okay through those storms!

femmecreole, you are so good to resist all those temptations! WTG!

ladybugnessa, enjoy your day off!

mamatosydnicjayce, sounds like you had a really busy weekend! Hurray for your DD's softball team!

freshorangina, ! I love your username!

browneyedgirl, I hope you get some sunshine after that rainy weekend!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

there, Schatzi!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

Had a wild and crazy weekend. The reunion went well on Saturday night and yesterday my back was spasming...that was fun.

This week is insane at work and I start my new semester of class tonight. I have class tonight, alumni advisory council tomorrow night, a sports banquet Thursday night and commencement is on Saturday. Phew! I am tired already.

I did turn in my vacation requests this morning though. I am taking off Memorial Day week and 4th of July week. I can't wait!

Jet...so glad you are ok!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/173/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi all! Sunny and chilly am. Hectic weekend as usual...went totally off track this weekend. It was our anniversary and we went out to eat Good news is the exercise is going well and I didn't gain any weight (although I didn't lose any either). Quick question...we are going on vacation SEPT 1st...is it unrealistic to think I can lose the rest of my weight by the time I go??? Just curious. I need to keep myself on track. Glad to see everyone is well.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Well, if you are on Phase I and follow it strictly for two weeks, you could be at goal by September. On Phase II weightloss is less spectacular but 1 to 2 pounds a week happen. However, no matter what, you will still feel much healthier by September.
By the way, I am going to move your ticker signature into your profile so you don't need to add the code every time. It will appear automatically when you post. When it's update time, you can just edit the numbers rather than creating a new ticker.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon, everyone!

Feels like I get here later and later every day! I just don't know what it is! A lot of stuff going on at work and I don't have internet at home for a while (at least the rest of this week!)

Working out has been blah since move-in day, as has my eating. No worries, though as I'm getting back on track already. I'm planning on working out tonight and start P1.5 tomorrow. Just a little nudge back in the right direction!

Well, need to go tell the employees some things about the rest of the week, so I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully!)
Closed Thread