Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #16  
Head Princess

Hey everyone!

Leenie - glad the storm missed you!

WTG Trazzie, Brenda and Cathy (who I recall posted about a loss somewhere!) Jane, Shimma, TG, and Hillary! Everyone's doing great!

Shimma - just being female makes it hard to lose weight because of our damn hormone fluctuations. I know that the pill can initially make it more difficult, but I don't think it's a long term thing. I switched from the pill to the patch a couple of years ago. That was 2 weeks of **** while my body adjusted! But I'm still on it and I've still been able to lose almost 60 pounds in a very reasonable amount of time. I don't think it's a big deal. Besides, the tiny bit of temporary weight gain from using birth control is nothing compared to the potential weight gain from not using birth control.

TG - I've mentioned my occasional use of cigarettes for such a problem, but I've found a more socially acceptable way. Coffee. I'm not accustomed to caffeine, so I'll occasionally have half-caf and that works wonders for me! Stimulants are called that for a reason. If all else fails, I believe I saw an ad for Citrucel saying that it's 0 carbs.

I'm feeling much better today. Throat is almost back to normal and now I just have the sniffles. I can deal with that! Lots of work to get done. I'll post more later!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #17  

TG: I never used to have a problem but since starting Calcium supplements I am experiencing "some" of that too. I tried to do Citrucel (my husband has diverticulosis and he takes it everyday)....but I didn't really like the "results"
I quit smoking over 5 years ago but have started "sneaking" some on an occasion......hhhmmmm Star I haven't noticed if that helps
I'd really rather be non-smoking than free moving so I don't want to keep that up.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

hillary--congrats on the new size pants!! Keep up the good work

Theo'sgirl--I can't help you on the #2 problem. Mine goes in streaks. One week I'll be non-regular. The next regular. Don't ask what's different about each week cuz I've no clue.

Catbird--Welcome and enjoy. I've learned a lot from this group. And they're ALWAYS supportive.

Khem--aren't there just days you'd love to take the scale and beat on it? lol

Star--glad you're feeling better! Did you ever figure out the carb count of a cough drop? What type did you use?

Well, I survived 4 hours of making myself look busy. Then I opened my mouth and the wicked witch gave me something to do. lol. She didn't like my suggestion of what I SHOULD be doing. Tomorrow and Friday I'm sure will be a repeat. I sure hope work picks up!!! So far I've managed to stay on program. So hopefully that keeps up The weather here is NICE!!! Sun is shining--but it's still a little windy and cool out. Not quite spring enough for me. Just hope the downspouts defrost where they're SUPPOSED to. lol. We don't need leaks in our house.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #19  
Head Princess

I just finished reading this week's Savage Love column and I'm still giggling.

Ahem, ok.

Jane - I've always been a nicotine wimp, so maybe that's why it works for me. Same with half-caf. I'm a wimp with the caffeine.

Brenda - I didn't figure out the carb count. I decided I didn't care. It made my throat feel better. I used Ricola Echinacea Green Tea Sugar Free Herb Throat Drops. Soothing on the throat and good herbs, too I checked the ingredients and it's got aspartame primarily, maltitol a ways down the list, and sorbitol at the bottom of the list.

The board seems slow today. Where is everyone?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #20  
Total Sass Bucket

I'm here, I've been posting all over the place, but not here. I've got nothing useful to say. I should be studying for a test but I' m feeling quite lazy at the moment and have decided that all the other tests have been so easy, this one probably will be easy as well. If not, she does drop our lowest score. I'm getting like a 98%, I can afford to relax, right? The only thing that is going to count is whether or not I get my certification and I can go as low as a 70% for that. Yeah, I'm going to stop talking myself out of studying now and get down to it!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #21  

GGGrrrrrrrrr......I have just run some recipes that are supposed to be low carb through Master Cook and SURPRISE! They aren't very low carb.

Yesterday I found this web site for a new low carb magazine....I subscribed but after that I checked out some of the recipes that are going to be in the magazine and AGAIN.....NOT LOW CARB. I promptly cancelled my subscription. I never heard back from them and today the web site doesn't exist. HHHMMMMM

When I was looking for the web site today I found this other site that had some low carb recipes.....NOT

They are low to non low carbers but for me a casserole that is 9 grams is a little more than I want in one meal.

There......I'm done.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:15 PM   #22  
Baby Steps

I'm here. In and out of here anyway. Doing not much of anything. Hanging w/DH while he's still awake. Surprisingly he's still awake but should be sleeping. He's still on 3rd shift. Will be for at least another week after this. UGH!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #23  
Head Princess

I'm running into that at the grocery store. Items marked "low-carb" that aren't low enough for me. It's still good to know about for maintenance! I'm looking forward to trying out the chive & 4 cheese stuffed ravioli that's only 16 grams for 1/2 the container! Not ok for right now, but in maintenance it will be. And it beats the heck out of the normal 38 grams for the same amount
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM   #24  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Afternoon!

I am starting to feel better. I caught that Darned bug that is going around. If I could just shake the cough I would be Thrilled!

Exercize has been non-existant for me. after that asthma attack at the gym, I got sick and I am still tight in my chest. I am hoping that by friday I can get back to it!

Now that my computer is working again, I have been working hot and heavy on my website. The shopping cart has been down for 2 weeks! Yikes! but I think I am back up and running fo rthe most part.. so I I can get back here and post again! Yippee!!

OH! And I am down 1 pound this week! (gotta get it updated on the easter challenge now!)

Missed you guys!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:20 PM   #25  
Baby Steps

Star--you're still doing under 20 carbs right? How'd you manage to stay on that so long???
Old 02-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #26  
Head Princess

I'm used to it. I try to go up to around 30 every couple of months, but honestly, 20 doesn't take much thought for me anymore. I have a gagillion recipes that are low carb so I don't get bored. It just feels like normal eating now.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi everyone!

Just popping in to say 'Hi!' I just finished my meeting with my supervisor - we have a big meeting with the guys at the company that I work with tomorrow, so we had to prepare for that, and now I have a tutorial to give in about a 1/2 hour, so I ought to make sure I'm ready for that.

In other news....there really isn't any other news, actually. Except the fact that I have to go in to work today after I leave school, so it shall be a long evening, but not too bad, because I so much prefer working when it's a quiet office. I share my office with 6 other students, and with supervisors walking in and out all the time, it's too many people for me. Maybe I should switch all my hours around and start working in the middle of the night!

Later.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:49 PM   #28  
Slimwithin

It sure would be great to see some of you chicks posting on the Low Carb daily thread. I see some of our former regulars are now posting here but we'd sure love to have you stop by to say hello to us sometimes. Not too many of us left on a daily basis.
I'm still doing Atkins. I try to stay around 15 gr per day. Still not losing. I don't know what the problem is with me. Very stubborn fat, I guess.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #29  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Congrats to all the losers -- there seems to be lots of them today!! I sure hope to be joining you all in the future.

I had a meeting all day today -- yuck! But, that meant I got to have a Subway wrap for lunch -- yum!

I agree with coffee on the issue you're having, TG. I thought it was just me that had that reaction, though. I didn't know that caffeine was stimulating in THAT way!

It is cold here!! BRRR! It is supposed to get down into the 30s tonight. I just feel like staying inside with a sweatshirt on and the heat turned way up. Oh, and watching "The Bachelorette." I'm such a sucker for that show.

Hope everyone has had a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #30  
Baby Steps

lol. sorry I had to laugh

Jdoggmartin...i think 30's was our HIGH today. lol
Closed Thread