Old 04-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #46  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Fay...I love you. Every singe post you make is fantastic and amusing. You MUST write a book or something about your adventures in Thailand...and then have me fly down to have some with you
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #47  

just came back to ask one question: Why am I hungry? I ate my salad with a good sized chicken breast and blue cheese dressing for lunch and I had two smallish hamburger patties with some cheddar cheese and mayo for breakfast. Shouldn't that be enuf? I had a couple of cups of coffee (with half and half and splenda) with my breakfast and a big glass of water with lunch as well as 20 oz. of flavored water (no calories, no carbs).
I'm disappointed because the very best thing about Atkins is apetitie suppression and loss of cravings. Here I am in my second week of induction (except for messing up this past weekend) and I'm not getting the best thing about Atkins. Just venting. Thanks for letting me. I'll go drink more water now.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Fay-you had me laughing my *** off. Good thing I didn't have any liquid in my mouth at the time.

I had an easy day at work which was nice. I'm home early and the dogs think it is dinner time-just out of habit. We are also having some ugly weather. I've discovered that I've already eaten all my carbs for today so I will either be having strictly protein/fat for dinner or going over my carb allowance.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 186/150.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry about your weather Petra! Ours has turned into a beautiful day and I have kicked the kids outside and wont let them back in until dinnertime! We will all sleep well tonight!
monster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #50  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

lynnar some times you will need ot up your fat intake to cut the cravings. I now that it sounds wierd and make sure you are eating enough your stomach was used to constant bombardment of food and a pile of stuff in your stomach all the time. you can increas your intake to several (up to 5-6 small meals in a day which will fillyou up nicely or increase your fat intake.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Soooo much to catch up on. My apologies for being remiss. Work has been insane and I have perament acid reflux right now. Fay, as always I feel like I'm having an experience right there with you THAT IS HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT WRITING! Maybe you should sit down and word smith a play yourself. God you are funny. BTW, I haven't shaved my legs in like 5 weeks. Everytime I go to put those Venus replacement heads in my shopping cart I get irritated that they cost like 15 bucks. SB, this may be a turning point in my life and it might hap be that I actually get to live that idealized life in the cedar lined home in the woods...except for the fact that I don't have any artistic skills that I can turn into a living. DARN!!!!Lynn: I have had those weeks where I want to...I think Aud said this once, "Eat the leg off of a horse and chase him down for another one"? Aud, if I credited that to you in error I'm sorry. I just thought it was soooooo freakin' funny that I still laugh about it. Petra: I'm glad you did not have a mouthful of beverage because when it comes out of your nose it can be painful Think of how painful it would have been if it had been the Yerba something tea served in the correct gourd! I'm ashamed that I don't know more about the kinds of things SB does. I have a rough time finding and putting on clean panties in the morning. Preferabley the kind that don't roll down while I'm shimmying up the hallway at work. Joyce: Always something new!!!!I'm going to start teasing you about being like your sister. tee hee.

HEY EVERYONE...I HEARD FROM BEACHIE!!! She is doing great on the WW and I told her we all missed her. They are still having some trouble with regards to Leo's coughing and she is a little scared about it (who wouldn't be?). She said she might pop in to say hi.

AUUUUUDDDDIIIIEEEEE where are you???? Please don't forsake us. We love you. LIIILLLLLYYYYYY.... now I'm getting really, really worried about you. Missing you and and I hope our collective insanity has not driven you away (OK...my insanity, I'll cop to it. Petra can give you a professional opinion. I'm a loon).

Love to all. I will be surfing a bit and check back. It is only 6:22 p.m. here in sunny CA.

OX SC

p.s. Do you all think it is lame that I don't use the "go advanced" cute little picture thingy's? It is only because then I can't scroll back up and comment on the posts. My memory is fading in my advanced age. tee hee.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #52  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Good Eve All! I'm finally going to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight...yeah for me!

SIC - You are so funny! Yeah...I know...tee hee! But I think this is really it (Yerba Mate)!!! If not...by golly I'm going to finally find that weed/herb (not the kind that makes you laugh), that I can eat and watch all the fat just melt off! Just kiddin...would be nice though??

Well, hectic day..gonna turn in early (this is early for me!)..and, AS USUAL, BF is on his way over for some late night fun!...Yeahhh Baby! I told him to bring me over some diet coke (haven't had it in 2 days and totally feaning)...hope he doesn't f it up and bring regular coke! Good night all!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #53  

Thanks for all being here, you guys. This is a very funny group and I was worried that the fractioned LC threads would split you up. I do miss the few that have gone on to greener pastures (or something like that) and those that are MIA (Lily, Robin). But I'm glad to see a few that have come back (Sue)!

A bit of of history: Way back when (in the beginning of time), LC was split into various groups by the different plans (Atkins, PP, Summerizing, CAD, etc. - geeezzeee, there were a lot back then) but then interest waned (wained?) and they were all lumped together into LC. So yes, I was suprised when there was an attempt at a split again. There aren't so many here these days and, as has been express several times the last few days, I think everyone benefits from hearing about various plans so we can tweak our own plan to fit our lives better.

The exchange of support, information, ideas and inspiration is always richer with more participants, I have found.

BaB - Your wit and writing is wonderful. You really have a knack for it and I bet you could earn a bit of spending money by writing a newspaper column, travel log, online blog, etc. I love the new terms I pick up from you: I've been saying 'bugger' and 'FECK' when frustrated lately. Your writing is very entertaining and reminds me a lot of Maeve Binchy. (altho, she is Irish, I believe - hope you aren't offended with the comparison)

Ok - back to lurkdom for me. Thank for the entertainment all - carry on.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 AM   #54  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi Kel. Glad to see you still haning around. I do miss much of the old group, but I assume they like many have gone on to "greener pastures" too. This forum as with any weight loss attempts see many come and go some come back (like me) a few times some many, most with success and some with none. The bottom line is the support and companionship we find here. I do remember all the different forums. Wow there was quite a few. then SB came along and well it was so popular many went there. I like the easiness of plain low carb and I know it. I do not need to learn a new diet. I donot have the time or energy for that.

Well still up 2 of the 3 I had gained and I did not have ham yesterday (worried about the salt except a few bites when cutting it)

Last edited by nasus40; 04-02-2008 at 05:31 AM.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #55  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Well then, WELCOME BACK Spotdog! Yeah...this is a fun group...eeeh? I enjoy being able to vent all my frustrations and elicit affairs, wacky new concepts and ideas, successes and failures here! Fay, ya see...I'm not the only one who thinks you really need to write a book or something. What about a Romance Novel?? Or a newspaper column would be great too! A good writer is able to make all who read, feel like they were there with you whether it be fantasy or real-life situations. Have you ever thought of really writing professionally? Maybe give it a second thought...as I'm sure we truly would all agree, that you definately have some hidden talents in that area!

Okay all...I'm really starting to get excited about this Yerba Mate sh*t! I don't usually check the scale so frequent, but since I'm trying this Yerba stuff, I'm checking it everyday. The scale is down another 1/2 pound...and I feel really lean! I'm still pee'ng like a racehorse and coupled with the definately enhanced workout yesterday...I'm completely stoked about this new product. I will be honest...these last few pounds are a b*tch to lose! The earlier pounds came off without such a hassle. I ordered some more supplements (natural) from bodybuilding.com. I will be adding CLA (Conju?? Linolic Acid), Nitric Oxide (naturally occurring in your body to help transport things in your blood...yeah real technical lango there!), Casein Protein (a slower digesting protein which is recommended before bed so that protein is fed to your muscles while you sleep), a better multivitamin (currently take one-a-day) and creatine (amino acid for building muscle). Do ya think that'll do it? Tee hee! We'll see...summer's right around the corner and I've been taking pics of my progress (I try to get a photo once per week). I'm also tracking my food through thedailyplate.com and keeping tabs on my macros. I am determined to look like Cory Everson by June 1st! I want to be the poster child for couch potato transformation! Wish me luck!

How's things going for everyone this morn! I'm feeling refreshed....hmmmm...wonder why??? could it have something to do with last night's visit from BF???
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Good morning all! I"m bopping quickly in since I am slow out of the starting gate today (its 7:30 here). Hi Spotty! Joyce, as always, jealous of the sumpin' sumpin you get all the time.

Just a quick note: DD9 is now no longer obsessed with reruns of Tila Tequila A Shot At Love. Now we have to endure, "That's Amore". My brain hurts and I have a sore jaw from grinding my teeth!

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #57  

I'm no longer yo yo-ing. Now I'm just depressed. I checked my Keystix last night and am still in ketosis, but I was up another pound at my official WI today, so that's three pounds over my ticker. I have no excuse for not changing my ticker. I just don't wanna!!! I've been on plan, in spite being hungry, since the weekend and I wasn't so terrible Saturday and Sunday. Just a few minor slips. I really really wish I had a doctor to discuss this all with, but our GP is always too much in a hurry. He's a young guy and I know he looks at me and thinks "doesn't eat right, doesn't exercise, too old to worry about." I do exercise more than anyone I know Well, anyone I know in real life (except the substitute aerobics instuctor who has to be anerexic. She bounces all the time which is easier if you weigh 97 pounds!) So sorry for the downer. I gotta go run DD from school to the orthodontist and back. A great way to waste 90 minutes!! BBL Lynn
Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #58  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnar View Post
I'm no longer yo yo-ing. Now I'm just depressed. I checked my Keystix last night and am still in ketosis, but I was up another pound at my official WI today, so that's three pounds over my ticker. I have no excuse for not changing my ticker. I just don't wanna!!! I've been on plan, in spite being hungry, since the weekend and I wasn't so terrible Saturday and Sunday. Just a few minor slips. I really really wish I had a doctor to discuss this all with, but our GP is always too much in a hurry. He's a young guy and I know he looks at me and thinks "doesn't eat right, doesn't exercise, too old to worry about." I do exercise more than anyone I know Well, anyone I know in real life (except the substitute aerobics instuctor who has to be anerexic. She bounces all the time which is easier if you weigh 97 pounds!) So sorry for the downer. I gotta go run DD from school to the orthodontist and back. A great way to waste 90 minutes!! BBL Lynn
Hey, Lynn...I'm wondering if you're tracking your calories in addition to eating LC? You could be up a couple pounds because you're still consuming more calories than you're burning in a day, even if you are sticking to a very low carb plan and are in ketosis. Your problem could also be the opposite! If you're hunger is so satiated by being in ketosis that you're not eating enough, your body could be putting the breaks on weight loss. I'm just wondering if you've been tracking calories at all, and if you haven't, I might start! If you already keep track of everything you eat, plugging it into somewhere like FitDay will give you a general idea--and if you don't, you can keep track of what a few "normal" LC days are for you and THEN do that.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #59  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Spotdog View Post
. . . A bit of of history: Way back when (in the beginning of time), LC was split into various groups by the different plans (Atkins, PP, Summerizing, CAD, etc. - geeezzeee, there were a lot back then) but then interest waned (wained?) and they were all lumped together into LC. So yes, I was suprised when there was an attempt at a split again . . .
Kel
WOW . . . never knew that - must've been b4 "my time." Sounds like chaos!

I'm trying to get my Induction Groove firmly in place at the moment so loving the Atkins Section - good to "cya" Ms.Spottie!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #60  

Thanks Azure. I'm sure you're right about keeping track. I promised myself I would do that this time and I do have the Fitday account, but I just can't seem to keep up. I just hate taking the time to log it in. I don't think it's too few calories though. With the high fat diet, I may be eating too many, but I thought that was O.K. with this WOE. Sorry to be such a whiner, but its discouraging. I have a long history with dieting, and it's a pattern. I go along pretty well for a few weeks and lose that first 10-15 pounds, and then I stop losing, but I keep trying and keep getting discouraged until I finally give it all up and gain back, 20-25 pounds. I think I wrote this same post on a different message board last spring when I was doing Atkins for maybe the second time. I might have also written it in 2006 when I was getting ready to cancel my Weight Watchers membership. That's why i think a weight loss doctor might be able to help me, but I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone around here. And I don't want to spend any more money on weight loss plans that don't work. Besides the WW membership for several years, I've done the supplement thing and prescription diet pills on a couple of occasions. I'm running out of WOE!
But again, I'm sorry to be so depressing! And I hope depression isn't contagious!