3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   LC Chat: Lolitas Chattin' it up! March 31-April 6th! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/138434-lc-chat-lolitas-chattin-up-march-31-april-6th.html)

bambifox 03-30-2008 11:43 AM

LC Chat: Lolitas Chattin' it up! March 31-April 6th!

Just thought I'd get a head start on the new weekly thread!:carrot: Here's to the best week ever!!!

petra65 03-30-2008 12:03 PM

Bambi-I don't know what the weather is like in PA today. I don't live there anymore. I live in MS. It's sunny and 75 here.

I'm going to try to start working on the Protein Power basics thing today since my prime rib will be a long project.

nasus40 03-30-2008 12:05 PM

hey of you lived in pa I would be there for dinner!!!

petra65 03-30-2008 01:32 PM

LOL Sue. You probably could be. I used to live in the Allentown area before I moved to MS.

Azure 03-30-2008 02:15 PM

I just wanted to update my girls and say hello :) I'm feeling much better about life in general these days--and Plan B isn't looking so scary any more. I'm going to head to my University's Career Resource Center this week and talk to someone about helping me put together a resume, so I can be prepared for when I graduate.

I intend on sending out applications to various corporations near where my boyfriend lives in CT a couple weeks prior to graduation, so I can hopefully go through the interview process and have a job by July at the latest. I'm beginning to see that I have a lot of options as an English major--I've come out of my major with excellent written and verbal communications skills and a knack for analysis. My GPA is 3.9, indicating that I'm a hard worker and that I'm intelligent...I'm sure I can find a decent job somewhere. I'll just have to sell all of those aspects of what having a BA in English means, and gloss over the more negative ones (like how a high schooler could out-math me).

*whew* That said, I'm feeling VERY good these last few days. I've been in Ketosis (as per my ketosticks) as of Friday morning, and I still am today. I've been sticking to Atkins Induction on EVERY point except for caffeine...I just can't give it up at this point. I'm in my last semester and I just don't have 3 days to feel tired and nap and be unable to do homework right now... I'll have to deal with that after I graduate.

I'm VERY excited to be feeling so in control now--and knowing I'm in ketosis helps that. It means that every pound I've lost and will lose since last Friday is ACTUAL fat--the glycogen and water weight loss is over now :) And that's a very encouraging thought--and as long as I keep on track, the yo-yoing is OVER. No more getting off plan and having discouraging water weight gains over and over and over while I tread water. NO MORE!

My weigh-in is next Sunday, and I'm comparing it to today's weigh-in which was 159.6! It's SO nice to see the 150s again, and I'm hoping for an excellent loss this coming week :D

petra65 03-30-2008 02:31 PM

I was working on my PP Basics and it was getting way too wordy. This is a difficult plan to explain in a few short blurbs. I don't want to put everyone to sleep.

stayincalm 03-30-2008 02:35 PM

Azure: Yay I'm glad you are feeling better! Petra: You won't put me to sleep I love hearing about the plans other people are following, especially understanding the basics. Here is to a fantastic week!

I need to go to the store today and stock up on veggies. We are good with everything else.

ox
SC

petra65 03-30-2008 02:46 PM

Okay PPers. Read my summary and let me know what you think?

SoulBliss 03-30-2008 03:19 PM

So are we just no posting on the last day in the other weekly thread? :D

Petra, I read your new thread and have to say, that sounds like my plan, pretty much. I read "Protein Power" years ago. Maybe I will revisit it and look at the new books out.

stayincalm 03-30-2008 04:02 PM

SB: I think to took the path of least resistence! I'm just lazy. I posted on the thread that was the first one there. Guilty as charged!!! Have a great day!

SC

broadabroad 03-30-2008 07:21 PM

Soulbliss - can't speak for the rest of you, but where I am it's Monday already, so I'm all 'Yay!' about the thread. ;)

I'm also delighted to hear how positive Azure is feeling now! Good on you!

However, my WI is not so great. No change. Buggeration.

I'd like to think that it's because I've been on this jogging program for 2 weeks, and am gradually developing a little more muscle, but I suspect that it's just fat.

Grrr!

petra65 03-30-2008 08:51 PM

I think it's my fault. I didn't realize Bambi put the thread up a day early and just saw the new thread and started posting. duh!

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to take a real vacation this summer. last summer I just did stuff around the house. It gets unbearably hot here during the summer. I'm thinking about renting a condo at the beach for a week. Sounds silly because I kind of live at the beach but people don't come here for the beach (it's not a beach resort kind of place). But I can travel a couple hours and go to a really nice beach. Or do I want to go somewhere else? I don't know. Should decide soon though. I have decided that this year I am going to take advantage of our local beach and go hang out on it some.

SoulBliss 03-30-2008 09:06 PM

Azure, glad things are finding their place for you. You are so bright and resilient. ;) Hey! a high schooler could out-math me too! :lol: It's never kept me from getting what I want!

Fay, you may have a whoosh! soon, don't fret.

Petra, I say VACATION! If you have the money, do it! :D

nasus40 03-31-2008 07:07 AM

Azure i agree you are doing a great job. do not think that plan b is a down grade it is just a different path. Keep on track with the woe you do not need distractions right now.

I did great this week until today glad I do not weigh once weekly or I would have shot my self. I am up 3 lbs with water. (no way did I eat that much) so I guess later this week it will all fall off. I just hope it does not decide to do it in the car. ( :rofl: ) especially today I have a lot of driving this day. That may lead to some stiff seats as it gets back down to freezing again.

Azure 03-31-2008 08:17 AM

:grouphug: I love you girls; you're all so supportive...and it helps to have an internet family to vent to when I need it :) So, thank you all.

Looks like my attention's going to be here, there and everywhere here in the Carb Counters forum! Since I'm on Atkins, but I love my LC Lolitas, I'm going to be participating in both places :D I just don't want this weekly chat to die just because we have an "Atkins" and "Other Plans" section for everyone. So, I'll be here--I'm posting my meals over in the Atkins forum, if anyone's interested in what I'm eating :lol:

Hope you girls have a fantastic day--I've got to go get dressed for classes! I hit the gym bright and early (hello, 7AM!) today, and I've got a class at 9 :D Ciao!