Daily Check-In Support Buddies - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Daily Check-In Support Buddies

I am back on the site, and I remember how much I appreciated a place to check in everyday. I hope other poeple out there will join me, so we can establish a great personal motivational network.

Laura
Old 03-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

So glad your back!
I'm in an almost insanely good mood today, I think because had such a crap day yesterday. I felt awefull, ate like a pig, mostly OP but consoled myself with a table spoon (or 2) of peanut butter, and didn't exercize.
So today I feel 100 times better and I went on the treadmill for a whole hour! I'm so proud. I'm realy aiming for at least 4 days a week this month.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #3  

So I am going to start. I am coming back to dieting at the same weight I was when I left in December - so good for me for staying put. My plan this time around is a little bit strategy from different diets - it will be lo carb, but also calorie counting. I used to have a complete hate on for calorie counting, but I need some organization in my life, so this may be it. I want to keep track of my water, calories, exercise, and my medications.

I can do this, it just involves focussing not so much on every little morsel of food, but focussing on the writing down of each morsel.

1st mini goal - 286 - 50 lbs down in total.

yay me.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #4  

Punze - good for you for exercising today. I am so glad to be back, and that you are still here. I really appreciated having a buddy to bounce things of of. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals,
I'd like to join in also. I don't have a ton of time but I think accountability is so very important.

I've been low-carb'in it for about 2 weeks now. It feels good. I felt I needed to change things up a bit as my weight loss was really slow. I had been doing calorie counting at about 150-200 carbs/1600 calories a day and now I'm down to 40 carbs/day but still tracking calories - just not being too anal about the actual number of calories.

I would really like to bag on the exercise today but I didn't go yesterday and I like the rule of not missing 2 days in a row so I will go....but first I have to watch Y&R! Then I promise.....I will change clothes and head into the gym. I promise, I promise, I promise!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 AM   #6  

welcome Kris! Did you get your exercise in?

I absolutely blew yesterday out of the water. I ATE! I did really well in the am, but blew it at supper. I did get some exercise in - I did 3km on my elliptical machine. Ok, so it sounds impressive, but really it's only 12 min of exercise. Well, it's 12 min more than I did the day before. I am going to try super hard today = it should be easier this evening because I have to DJ a school dance and there won't be any opportunity to eat while I'm there. If I go to bed as soon as I get home from unloading my equipment, I should be able to avoid the nighttime munchies... I hope!

Punce: hope all is well with you. Are you getting enough water?

Talk to you guys later!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/170/141

Height: 1.65 meter

HI I would like to join for the daily motivation.... What plans are you guys following? I was on a low fat high fibre plan but was contantly craving for sweet and stuff. I am currently folllowing the CA plan (Carbohydrate Addicts Diet) which works great for me. Up to date 1kg lost (2.02lb’s) I know it is a bit slow but that is without any exercising. The fact that I have a reward meal everyday which include some carbs make this plan for me something that I can make a way of life and not just a diet to loose the weight
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #8  

Hi all,
I did get my exercise in. I really didn't want to go but once I got there, I got the 'click' and did 2x20 minute HIIT and 30 minutes of strength training. Felt VERY good when I walked out of the center!

Good job on the elliptical, Laura.

I'm not exactly on a 'plan'....I'm just keeping my 'carbs less fiber' to about 40. My fat consumption is high (60-70%), carbs at or below 10%, and protein the rest. I'll be watching and adjusting as the weeks go by.

Am planning to purchase that book Good Calorie/Bad Calorie by Gary Taubes (I think) today and learn more about low-carb. I've done Atkins before, and although I'm not hungry following this plan, I didn't really follow it as it was outlined. This time I'm willing to make it a life change - not a temporary diet.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #9  
Hello Friend

Hi Kris and Snoekie!

I'm following Atkins.

Good Calorie/Bad Calorie by Gary Taubes, I want to get this one too.

Way to go Kris! The hardest part of exercising for me is just making my self get started. But I sure feel great when I do.

Laura, even if you went for 12 min, that is great ! Most days I can't even convince myself to step onto the tredmill.

Have fun at the dance! I've always thought that would be a fun job.

I got all my water in yesterday, the exercize makes me thirsty, normaly I realy struggle to get it all down. I'm trying to cut out the coffee but it is so hard, I drink more water if I skipp my coffee in the morning. I think I'll switch to tea, at least tea is better for you and I put way to much cream in my coffee, but I like tea without it.
TTYL.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #10  
Hello Friend

Quote:
This time I'm willing to make it a life change - not a temporary diet.
Fantastic! Thats how I'm looking at it too!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #11  

Snoekie!
Don`t worry about slow - just keep doing it. 2.2 lbs (1kg) is a fantastic start. It`s more important to ingrain those healthy changes at the beginning so losing the rest doesn`t seem like so much of a struggle.

I am trying to do Atkins - it works for me because not only do I lose the weight, but my blood sugar stabilizes as well. I say trying, because I have fallen off the wagon, and am finding it extremely hard to get back on - right now I seem to be about 2 km behind, tracking it through the dust, still LOOKING for the darned wagon, never mind jumping back on it!

So, I am trying to limit my carbs, drink my water, exercise, and I am writing down EVERYTHING. Writing it all down is the hardest for me - I hate being held accountable, even if it`s just to myself. I kind of feel like - why should I have to justify what I eat if no one else does (``no one else`` does not apply to the people on this site)

Punce: something I read recently about tea - we all know green tea is good for weight loss, but chamomile also increases metabolism about 3%, without all the caffiene of coffee. But if you really need your coffee, drinking it without sugar after a workout can help keep your metabolism high for longer than exercise alone - free calorie burn!

Kris: good for you for going to the gym - I love it when I get there, so why is it so hard to go ( I would love to be able to insert a question mark after asking a question, but for some reason all I am getting is this character - - somehow the language or function button on my keyboard is messed up, and I am not sure how to fix it...) Anyways - what is HIIT it sounds interesting.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #12  

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. 20 minutes of exercise at high intensity. According to some studies, it is more effective than a 'long slow burn' type cardio as you continue burning calories up to 24 hours post exercise. I do 2 minutes of warm up then 4 minutes of increasing intensity (every minute I increase speed or level) then back down for 1 minute then 4 more increasing minutes. You do 4 rounds and then a 2 minute cool down. Does that make sense?

When I started, I would just do 30 second intervals, then I worked up to 60 second intervals and now I do the 4 minute 'climbs'.

As I really don't like cardio, especially being on a machine for an hour, I find it a good way to get my cardio in. And, I typically do 2 sessions back to back - just on different machines so that I actually get 40 minutes in.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 172/170/141

Height: 1.65 meter

Hallo you all! At last it is Friday….. Weekend just around the corner. You guys are really an inspiration with the exercising I am starting to feel left behind – perhaps if I give it a try it will boost the weight loss a bit – the only problem is I stay on a farm and don’t have access to a gym. I also get home a bit late in the afternoon and for safety reasons can’t go on a long walk in the evening. BUT I do have a Fitness flyer at home. In the past it felt like I am wasting my time because it does not feel like you are getting a really good work-out on it at all. But I guess it is better than doing nothing at all!!!!

I am going to meet my sister tomorrow at a restaurant for breakfast (she is on a low fat, high fibre, low proteïen diet – totally the opposite from what I am doing but I guess you do what works best for you. I do think I really have more nice things to eat for breakfast…… beacon, eggs, sausage, cheese etc, etc, etc.

You guys must have a nice weekend. I will report back on Monday about the exercising…….
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #14  

Kris - thanks for the explanation. Yes it made sense - and it makes sense. I thnk I may try it....
I did really well calorie wise today, but still made horrible choices. Oh well, one battle at a time.
Gotta run, I'll check back in the afternoon.
Hope everyone is doing their best!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #15  
Hello Friend

Everythings going good so far today, Water, food, exercize, all on track.

Made it through another hour on the treadmill. I do short intervals of running but only 1 or 2 min at a time and only 3 or 4 during an hour. I'm trying to work up to more frequent and longer intervals, focusing on keeping my heart rate above 150 for the hour.

Beautiful day, have a good one.
Closed Thread