Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #91  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Teresa, Welcome! Congrats on your loss so far!! keep it up! I'ts great that you like to cook, There are so many yummy recipes for Lowcarb!

Thanks for the encouragment Sylvia, I got back on and did 40min on the treadmill today. It would be great to be able to run for a full 20 min! You can do it!

How are you doing today Michelle? Kris?

JG, you rock! I just started to reread DANDR, & am trying to do everything by the book, It realy works!! I think I may have to buy Good calories, bad calories, it is taking way to long to get it from the library.
My eating is good and I'm feeling better today.

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-27-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #92  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puncezilla View Post
JG, you rock! I just started to reread DANDR, & am trying to do everything by the book, It realy works!! I think I may have to buy Good calories, bad calories, it is taking way to long to get it from the library.
Hey Puncezilla

Thank you!! I'm really happy to hear you're re-reading DANDR To do Atkins correctly, you must read the book...don't let anyone tell you differently! Its unfortunate that people will read parts of the book and then go ahead and attempt to do the plan without the proper knowledge. Before you know it, you hear them saying "Oh yeah, I tried that Atkins diet & that didn't work for me". I've seen it time & time again! I'd like to commend you for taking the time to re-read the book, and do this thing the right way!! The benefits & the rewards are well worth the effort it takes!

My DBF bought me a copy of GCBC at a half price bookstore. You might want to look into something like that. Being that the book only came out in Sept 2007, and with the popularity of low carb eating plans....its in high demand right now so, it may be a while before your library gets it. Check Amazon.com or Barnes&Noble.com or even Ebay....they all sell good condition used books.

Sounds like you are on the right track with Atkins! Keep up the wonderful work! You CAN do this!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Teresa. It is great having a daily check-in. Congrats on the weight loss so far and keep up the good work.

Puncezilla, I am so glad to hear you got back on the 'mill. That is too funny that you are re-read DANDR because I just started it again, too. I am also re-reading Living the Low Carb Life because there is some information in there that I need to refamiliarize myself with about how the body converts dietary fats and proteins to glucose when you are eating low carb. More on that later.

JerseyGyrl, I am number 1 on the wait list at the library for GCBC. I just can't wait though. If I didn't work, I would be at the library bugging the assistants there.

Today was an okay day. I was asked, last minute of course, to get lunch for a large meeting. After setting up their lunch and making sure all the receipts were tuned in, my boss decides that he needs a report. There goes my workout. But hey, it's all good. I'll get some walking in tonight going to and from DD's girl scout meeting. And I can always so crunchs at home. The eating has gone extremely well since yesterday. All on plan.

Talk to you ladies later.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Bambifox, I think your posting would be better suited on the Calorie Counter forum, a low-fat diet forum, or any other non-low-carb Forum for the following reasons.

The author of that information, Galt, only tried Atkins for 3.5 days, as shown by her own blog. She didn't need to lose weight and she didn't have any health reasons to be on a low carb diet. She tried the diet as a dare because she was so opposed to the principles of the Atkins/low-carb diet and all that low-carb represents.

http://www.janegalt.net/blog/archives/004093.html

This little post and all her low-carb experiment blogs are part of her page "RIP" from the time when Atkins died. I didn't find any mention of Galt reading the book and from her sample menu, it is apparent that she did not read the book. She was eating what she thought she was supposed to eat on Atkins, i.e. meat, cheese, eggs, bacon, meat with a salad thrown in. I don't see any mention of fats other than those already found in the meats and cheeses that she is eating. That is not low-carb. That is high-protein.

She stopped the diet because she was worried about causing kidney damage. There has never been a reported case of a person who did not have a previous kidney problem developing a kidney problem from following a low-carb diet. If you can find a cite for that kind of evidence, please post it. Also, she kept writing about how hungry she was all the time. Hum, because she wasn't adding any fat to her meals maybe?

Also, I did not find a cite anywhere for the "scientific" information she was providing on how the body metabolizes carbs, fats, and proteins. Maybe you can share those cites with us. I am always willing to read the original literature.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-27-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I had a great workout today. 45 minutes ST and then another 30 HIIT. Also went for a nice swim at the beach. I'm still struggling to add Yoga/Pilates into my routine - bought 2 new DVDs last month but just can't quite get interested in them.

GCBC has been ordered and will hopefully arrive next week. I'm really looking forward to reading it as I've heard so much about it. DANDR is on my list to get from Amazon - need to order that next week. Have been downloading and listening to Jimmy Moore's podcasts this week while working out. He's an interesting character and certainly supplies food for thought. Read his book last week - which was interesting.

Low-carbing is going well for me. This is my 3rd week. I upped my veggies a bit and find the afternoon jitters have decreased. Still trying to get my fiber up to the level I PERSONALLY want it to be at.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #96  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've removed several posts in this thread that were somewhat nasty and argumentative. Please reread the rules of this Forum and play nicely.
End of discussion.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #97  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I am closing this thread.

Leenie
Closed Thread