Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,
have been having computer problems....ugh.....think I have them solved. I love my MAC but it might be time for a new one. Then again....it could continue to be a 'little red engine that thought it COULD'!

I am doing well. Exercise and food is good. Will try to write more tomorrow.
Am amazed at how good I feel doing LC. Really do not experience much hunger - probably my biggest problem is that I still like to EAT...even though I'm not hungry. That's a habit though that I can change and that's what I'm working on.

On a fun note.....did some shopping today while waiting for computer guy and got two fab photography books plus some gorgeous fibers for a scarf. Fun day spent with Mr. W!

Talk again soon and keep up the great work everyone.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Kris - Good to hear from you again, and fantastic to hear you are still OP. Keep up the great effort!

Sylvia - I'm pumped to hear that you are doing so well with your water and exercise - don't be bummed about the bacon - it's a very minor stumble. I don't think I could do treadmill after abs, I would probably try to get my treadmill in first, otherwise I'd be too "sore" and be able to justify my way out of the cardio....

Punce - Hope you are smiling today, and being pro-active with your exercise. I hope that little kick in the butt I sent you helped!

cjones - How are things over in your neck of the woods? I don't know whereabouts you are in your lo-carb journey (induction, OWL, or whatever) but keep it up. I'm rooting for you!

For me, yesterday wasn't great - I ended up falling asleep about 7pm - completely missed my swimming class, but I guess I needed the rest, since I didn't wake up until this morning. I think I will go to the mixed martial arts class tonight - I used to go a lot, and loved it, but when I fell off the wagon last time I stopped doing everything that was good for me.

Well chickies, here's to us and a bright new future.

Today's feel good word is: Smile (so pass it on!)
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #48  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Hi Kris! glad your feeling good with the LC. I realy do notice a decrease in appetite too, but it doesn't keep me from wanting to eat out of habbit, especialy in the evening. I hope your computer is fixed and ready to go!

Thanks for the kick Laura! I did get my exersize in yesterday and I'm glad I did, just needed a little push. I'm taking the day off from the treadmill today, I've realy been pushing myself with the running and incline so my legs are sore and I think they need a rest. Still on track with the food and water.

Laura, Don't feel bad about missing your swimm, It's very important to get good sleep! I've even heard it helps with weight loss. I think maybe because people who get more sleep are less stressed. Enjoy your MMA class. thats so cool .

Sylvia, Mmmmm.. Bacon . You're a workout machine! 12 cups of water is awesome! I have a hard time with just 8 cups.

Keep smilin' everyone!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey there, everyone. Laura G, if you feel asleep and didn't wake up all night, you really needed that sleep.

KrisR - I am so sorry that I didn't see your post first about the HIIT. That is really similar to what I do, as I explained. But I only do 20 -25 minutes. If I feel like I can't do as much jogging, I do another two set of intervals.

I'm working on my last 3 cups of water for the day. I did okay with food today but had a major upset. I ordered a salad from a different restaurant. I forgot to say dressing on the side! I was so focused on no cheese and light onions, I just totally forgot. I mean they put so much onion on the salad it makes my eyes water and sometimes I can't finish because the onion start upsetting my stomach. It was drench in this BBQ dressing that I know is in no way low carb. What did I do? When I got back to work, I took the salad out hand by hand and rinsed it off. I got at least 99% of the dressing off. It was interesting.

It's late but I'm having some fresh broccoli now.

I did boot camp today. It seems to be getting easier. Last week at this time I could barely move. So, next week I'm going to focus on form and then up my weights. Thanks Laura G for the advice about doing cardio before abs. I have to see if I can get down to the gym earlier. If not, I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep up the good work ladies.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-13-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #50  

Hello Friends:

Sylvia - that's dedication to be rinsing off your salad - kudos! and how wonderful you are doing so much exercising. WTG!

Punce - keep chugging! (reference to being "on track" as well as your water consumption!) You are doing very well. Enjoy your day of rest - you've earned it.

Just a shout out to everyone else - hope all is progressing! If not, get on here and post, maybe we can help.

Today's feel good word: Dedication.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #51  
Hello Friend

I'm doing good today, got company today from out of town, till tuesday. But I'll try to keep checking in any way. Have a great day!!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #52  

hey everyone.....just a quick check in!

All is well here. We have house guests this weekend also so am in a flurry of cleaning activity. It will be birthday celebration for the 28 year old daughter - and I'm making a cake but I'm not eating it. It's not worth it.....I want more scale and non-scale victories!

Am going to take time to go workout on Saturday morning though as I'm sure they will all be sleeping in.

Everyone have a fab weekend!

Sylvia-whatta woman....washing your lettace leaves.....I'm impressed!
Puncezilla - good job on exercise
Laura - did you get to your martial arts class? That sounds like fun.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #53  

Laura G - what you been doing girl? Did you get on your eliptical today? How's your eating going?

KrisR/Puncezilla - housecleaning counts toward daily activity. You can make it more challenging by putting weights on your legs or doing one arm shoulder presses why you vacuum or what about jogging behind the vacuum. I might have to try that this weekend to see what my kids say about me.

Today, I got my 12 cups of water. I didn't always drink water. But the key for me, since I like really cold water, is that I have two 3 cup bottles that I alternate. One is in the freezer while I drink the other. I have to get at least 4 bottles by bedtime.

I did half of the abs class, 20 minutes. I am definitely going to have to go down earlier than my friend. Still, something is better than nothing. Then I did 10 minutes on the treadmill. It wasn't so bad doing the cardio after the class. And I am definitely not as sore as last week.

Oh, yeah, yesterday I found out that I wasn't supposed to do boy pushups [chest going all the way down to the ground], I was supposed to do girl pushups [only bending the arms to a 90 degree angle].

No washed salad today, thanks the stars.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #54  

Hey all-
How is your weekend starting?
Mine has been good.
Worked out yesterday...30 min strength training and 35 min cardio.
Food has been good this weekend. A bit heavier than normal caloriewise but staying within the range carbwise.
Think I'll do yoga today after the houseguests leave.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #55  

Hey everyone.

KrisR good job on the exercise and eating.

My workout buddy didn't workout yesterday. But when she told me that she said that I needed to workout still. And I did. It was really nice to go down and get in my 20 minutes. I am now working on jogging for 3 straight minutes. The eating went okay. I've been staying really strict.

Today I've been baking cupcakes for my DS Cub Scout Blue & Gold dinner. I don't even know whats on the menu. I already told DH that I would take my own food.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #56  

Hello all!

Sorry I went MIA there for a couple days. I've been really struggling. My weight went way up, but I've got it back to my starting weight again... I hate this roller coaster. My house became a disaster, and I am at a rough patch in my job due to my health. In short, I am miserable.

Enough. I'm back on. I am going to restart my journal tomorrow. I did my mile in the pool tonight, and I am looking forward to the next workout.

I don't have the mental energy to do personals, but I do hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you tomorrow.

Today's word - Support.

Last edited by Laura G; 03-18-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #57  

My weigh day - back to where I started - up 3 lbs. Sigh.

Hope everyone is well, and op.

Today's feel good word: Laughter.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #58  
Hello Friend

Hi Laura, Sorry you've been feeling so low. I realy understand the rolier coaster feeling, emotionaly and weight related, hang in there.

All my company left this morning, so time to get back into my regular routine. I did OK over the weekend, but did have icecream one night. I don't even realy like icecream but I feeling down and it had chunks of chocolate in it. It was sickly sweet and made me feel ill . At least I avoided all the other junk food. I'm up a few lbs too but think it's just water and TOM so it'll be gone agian soon. I'm also feeling a little depressed but could be PMS, just don't know what to do with myself sometimes .

I'll check back later, have a great day .

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-18-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #59  

Sorry you are struggling Laura-you were missed. Keep plugging along...it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Good job puncezilla on avoiding the junk food.

All is well with me. No weight loss this week on 'weigh day' but for whatever reason, it didn't throw me into a tailspin. I wonder if it is because I'm looking at this as long term lifestyle rather than strictly a diet? It seems I have a more reasonable point of view (at least this week I do).

On a fun note....I tried a boogie board this week in the surf! It was a total blast even though I couldn't actually get UP onto the board and catch waves at the same time. This from a land-locked midwestie girl! The water has been wonderful this week so I'm going to keep practicing....who knows where it will take me.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #60  
Hello Friend

Hi, hows everyone doing?

Love your attitude Kris! Thinking about this as a long term lifestyle change is great! It is what has kept me going through the ups and downs. I feel so much better when eating Lowcarb, it makes me want to keep going even when I slip up or don't lose .
I have been a little of plan yesterday, but am ready to move on. Got to get back on the treadmill as the exercise helps me stay on track with my eating.

Laura, I hope your doing OK . Miss you when you don't post.

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-20-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread