Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Red face Do eggs make you sleepy?

It seems like when I eat eggs, I get sleepy afterwards. Only when they are scrambled. Anyone else?
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I don't eat eggs but I know they contain tyrosine and tryptophan- one makes you alert and the other makes you sleepy, but I am not sure how scrambling versus other cooking methods could possibly impact this.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It could actually be a learned association, if for example, whenever you were sick, you're mom made scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs can become a symbol of being tucked warm and cozy into bed to rest.

Or, do you eat more eggs if they're scrambled than if they're prepared a different way (overeating can make you sleepy).

Are the eggs prepared with milk, and are you lactose intolerant?

What are you eating with the scrambled eggs that you might not eat with eggs prepared another way?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

my roomate is allergic to eggs and they make him gassy and lethargic.... i guess that means he gets sleepy and has to poop a lot after eating them.

If you ate eggs at a restaraunt sometimes they put pancake batter in with the egg batter and those carbs would definitely make you sleepy. I never eat eggs out at places.

and yeah, as others have pointed out, when you eat too much you get sleepy. Did you eat too many eggs?

I dunno!!! I have eggs almost every morning and they dont effect me in any way
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawhitham View Post
my roomate is allergic to eggs and they make him gassy and lethargic.... i guess that means he gets sleepy and has to poop a lot after eating them.

If you ate eggs at a restaraunt sometimes they put pancake batter in with the egg batter and those carbs would definitely make you sleepy. I never eat eggs out at places.

and yeah, as others have pointed out, when you eat too much you get sleepy. Did you eat too many eggs?

I dunno!!! I have eggs almost every morning and they dont effect me in any way

GOD
I just realized that after taking 3 weeks to lose 11 lbs on induction that every other day at work I eat one cup of scarmbled eggs which were made by jello like crap, cornstarch, and flour!!!
i was so furious when i found out this morning
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickyboo View Post
GOD
I just realized that after taking 3 weeks to lose 11 lbs on induction that every other day at work I eat one cup of scarmbled eggs which were made by jello like crap, cornstarch, and flour!!!
i was so furious when i found out this morning
oh no!! stick to real eggs...definitely!

congrats on losing 11lbs in 3 weeks of induction, in my almost 4 weeks of induction i've only lost about 2lbs
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

yeah me too Im at week 5 and have lost a total of 1 lb! I actaully lost 3 but gained 2 so ???????????????
I have to say though I don't eat alot of sugar or bread before I started so I figured it wouldn't be alot of weight at first. I'm bad with stuff like crackers and pretzels and POP.
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote