Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

Remeber when I said I gained all that weight overnight? Well, it's one week later and I've lost it all again! So don't give up - if I had cheated and let myself get so discouraged that I went off plan, I never would have lost that weight.

Angihali - measuring or counting a change of less than 1/2 lbs is obsessive. Those 4 oz could be because you were holding your breath! I also weigh everyday - sometimes more than once a day - I can't help it - it's my addiction. However, I realized I was killing my chances of weight loss when I obsessed - so I still weigh myself all the time, but I write down only the first weigh in in the morning. I keep a log for the week, and then I average my weight. My average is what I count, and it's how I measure my degree of success.

I say "my degree of success", because no matter what happens,

I AM NOT A FAILURE!

Ladies - as long as we keep trying, we are all winners. And Fitin Time is so right - if we keep together we can do this. I would probably be cheating if it wasn't for you guys.

We all know how to do Atkins:

1. low carb - and actually count them, don't just guess an estimate

2. drink water - tons of it! your metabolism slows down by 3% when you are dehydrated! Water helps to mobilize and flush fat and toxins out of our systems.

3. exercise - it also bumps up your metabolism - remeber muscle weighs more than fat, and a pound of muscle burns calories even when at rest.

4. if you are doing all that, maybe you need to look at what meds you're on - Dr. Atkins pointed out in his book that several types of meds slow down weight loss - for example my antidepressants.

Stick with it ladies - we know it works when we work it.

Also, we all need to learn to forgive ourselves. If someone were to hurt us, we would forgive them right? Why can't we treat ourselves as well as we treat others? There was an excellent article in Good Housekeeping last March entitled "You say you want to change?" on page 117. Read it! I recommend everyone who ever tried to diet read it. It's all about forgiving yourself, ways of dealing with a backslide, and how to move on. You should be able to access the article at GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM We owe it to ourselves to read it, and put the advice into everyday practise!

I love each and every one of you. It really hurts to see that we are all down on ourselves. Let's get thru this - don't look back, you can't change the past. Work on improving your future - that's where we have control.

I'll get off my soap box now. Please everyone, keep trying. We can do this.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #92  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

YEAHH LAURA!!!!!

I knew it was coming off!! I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad you didn't give up. Our bodies are so weird, it's hard to figure out why and what goes on with them sometimes. But what a happy end to your day!

This is what it's all about, sticking together and keeping each other encouraged! Like you said too!
I'm so proud of you for hanging in there Laura WTG!!!

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-18-2007 at 06:10 PM.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #93  

Thanks Diana - I really do feel good about it. I was just checking out the 300+ board, and came across the post magic numbers - it's where you write down all your mini goals, numbers to shoot for, etc. Check it out! It made me realize that I am down 50lbs from my all time heaviest! What a kick in the pants that was! Yahoo. If I can figure out how to copy my post, I will bring it over here so we can do it together!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #94  

It's called magic numbers - borowed from the 300+ board, who borrowed it from the 100 board...

Great idea!

336 - highest weight
309 - started 3fc
299- out of 300's
292 - plateau weight #1
286 - 50 lbs lost wow - I've reached this one!!!
275 - mini goal
261 - 75 lbs gone forever
243 - 93 lbs lost - half way to goal!
240 - plateau weight #2
236 - 100 lbs lost
199 - onederland!
186 - 150 lbs gone
180 - plateau weight #3
150 - goal!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #95  
Mrs. Determined

That's a good idea, Laura. I may have to do that too. You lost more than I have. Hey Girl, how'd ya do that!!!

I'm gonna post something like that here to when I get my figures down.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #96  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Way to stick it out! I knew it would come right back off. 50lbs is great! If you'v lost 50 once you can lose it twice, thats what I keep telling myself. I know it works, if it worked for the first 30, it'll work for the next 30. I have to keep reminding myself how far I'v come. Giving up now would just be madness.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #97  

Just checking in with everyone - hope you all are doing fine and OP

I am well. It is now my sixth day strictly OP. Had a bad moment today - almost made a bad choice, but kept to it. It's day 8 with a migraine for me, the doctors have no clue what's going on. I'm too young for menopause, but aren't migraines one of the possible side effects? I'm going to ask at my next doctor appointment - maybe all this fat and IR has aged my insides - my plumbing has never worked properly, so what's the point of keeping faulty pipes? Touchy subject - and I'm just venting/rambling.

Well, I miss everyone - so I am going to ask each of you to check in...\

Puncezilla: how are you? How are you progressing toward your goal? Even if you aren't 100% OP, keep track of how many days you are! That should help bolster your confidence!

Fitin Time: how are you doing? Are you staying OP, and exercising? I hope all your loved ones are supporting you and encouraging you.

Angihali: how goes it? Are you drinking your water? Are your strips still showing positive things? Don't give up - we are here for you!

I hope everyone is still determined to make themselves healthier. Keep in touch. Don't let slip ups stop you from coming here - we love you just the way you are, and we have all been there. Let's not go this alone!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #98  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Hey Laura, glad you checked in. I hope they figure out whats causing the migraines soon, that sucks. Way to go staying OP through all of this. Come vent whenever you need to, we're here for ya.

I was down a lb this morning so things are finaly moving in the right direction again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues going down this time. I'v been strictly OP for about 5 days now, so glad I didn't give in and eat junk.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #99  

Punce - Congratulations on being down a pound! Good for you for sticking to the program!
You're coming up to the halfway point! Good for you!
BTW, thanks for still being here!

I'm down some more, but I will post my average on Tuesday and move my ticker then.

Sending 's to everyone!

Last edited by Laura G; 09-21-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #100  
Mrs. Determined

Yeah Punce!! I smell progress in the air!!

Hi Laura,
I'm doing good thanks for asking! I'm just a little on the stall side, but not worry, I'll be pushing 200 in no time!!

I hope those migraines go away soon, I can't imagine how painful that is for you. I'll say a prayer for you tonight!!!

Take care and talk to you later!!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #101  

Sorry everyone - I missed my regular Tuesday post with my ticker change - so here it is...

I'm at 283! (down 3lbs)

Yay me!

This is my lowest weight in over 10 years - I'm back in my "less fat" jeans!

I hope everyone is keeping OP and doing GREAT! We all know we can do this. Let's go!

Sorry - I went smiley happy/overboard!

Last edited by Laura G; 09-26-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #102  
Mrs. Determined

Hey Laura WTG

That is great, so happy for you! I know you'll be reaching your goal before too long. Keep it up, whatever you're doing!!!

I'm hoping to have a big whoosh here too soon.

Take care!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #103  

Fitin Time - Thanks! I know soon all your processes will come together and the weight will start to melt off! Keep up your great efforts!

I hope Punce is enjoying her vacation!

A confession - I went off plan yesterday and today. I am hoping to regain control here this evening! My weight will be up, but life will continue and I will get it off again.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #104  
Mrs. Determined

Oh Yeah, life does go on, and we can get right back on this woe easily!!
I actually had a glass of wine today for lunch. MY husband got home from work early and we went out for lunch, so I just decided to have a glass.
Thank God, I can get back on this woe easy again.
I hope you have a good weekend Laura! And don't worry about anything, you come this far, you'll get even farther too!

Have a good weekend and I'll talk to you later!

Love Ya,
Diana

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-28-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #105  

Whew - thank goodness my cheatin' days are over! I KILLED my diet this weekend, oops. But going strong again today and now I know definitely how much it is not worth it - almost 2 months of being good destroyed in one weekend. I am going to go to the gym 4 times a week this month in order to get this weight back off again.

Hope everyone else is better!
Will post weight tomorrow and move ticker.