Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Jan 15-21/07

Good Morning

Well, the freezing rain arrived, and its cold cold cold!!

Things are going well, we got a bit busy last week. Hopefully it's going to carry on into this week

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, it's cold here too. Ice is everywhere. I'm happy we still have power. I'm babysitting my neighbors kids ages 2 and 6 this morning. My 2 grandkids ages 2 1/2 and 8 months are still here. I had insisted that Samantha bring my car home on Saturday. Well, she did and she has stayed since then with the kids due to the weather. Now, it's a mad house around here. Gosh, I want some peace today . With the roads like this, I'm sure no one is leaving. Hope everyone else has a better day than I will.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #3  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry about all of the chaos and craziness Lily! I'm sure that it must feel pretty hectic and insane to you, because I'd feel the same way if all of the sudden so many extra people (and many of them little) were camped out at the house! I hope that the weather clears up and that you get some relief soon. Most of all, I hope that you continue to keep power! That would be awful for you! **crosses fingers**

I feel for both you and Robin with the cold and ice. We've had some really cold weather here this year for us, and it's given us a new appreciation for Winter! We're expecting a batch of cold in a day or so, but right now it's gray and yucky and rainy and humid. *blah*

Well, week 1 of induction was a success! I feel much better now and in control (mostly) of my carb cravings! I even feel brave enough now to post my weight, which isn't something that I've had to courage to do up until now. It's shameful for me to have gained back all of this weight that I had once worked so hard to lose, but I've done it before and I'll have to do it again!

Last week I dropped 16 lbs! I don't expect the 2nd week of induction to be as successful, but I hope to continue to see change during the next few weeks as my body adjusts to the program. It helps to give me incentive and motivation to continue. I'm sure that you all understand that.

Well, I'm off to get some of my daily work done. There's always so much to do! I'm determined to fit in at least 40 mins. of exercise into the day as well. Have a good day everybody!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

16 POUNDS????

RIGHT ON, SONG!!!

How motivating - haven't had the Atkins-drop yet - but your loss makes me hopeful! Gotta dig up my "inches" measurements I Posted awhile back - that way if Mr. Scale doesn't show the losses - I KNOW the measurements will! Clothes are really fitting different and some are downright HUGE already. Congrats on Posting your weight/tracker - I think its hard for all of us . . . but a great motivator. (??)

Hang in there lily - kids AND dsd AND pups??? GEEEEZ LOUISE I'll be thinking of ya!

Its cold here too robin . . . but not as bad as harder hit areas - I did just get knocked off here with a brief power outage so gonna just wish everyone a Great OP Day and confess I'm taking our Christmas Tree the rest of the way down today b4 I get knocked off again!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Aud! I appreciate your support very much!

Yes, I agree that it's important to also take measurements because sometimes the scale doesn't show the full story. I know that when I begin exercising and using small hand weights again (5-8 lbs each just for toning) that my body's shape will change even though my scale may decide to not move a bit. I've been keeping track of measurements once a week on a Sunday morning.

Way to go on getting the Christmas tree down! I know that for some reason it really bothers me to have the tree up past Christmas. I have to wait several week usually, but it's like this huge reminder that I haven't done everything that I need to sitting right in the middle of my living room. I don't need that kind of reminder!

Have a great day everybody and I hope that you all keep your power!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

16LBS!!!!!!!! Thats just AWESOME Barb!!!! Congratulations on your 1st week in!! WTG!!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Phoenix, WTG on the 16 lbs. that is awesome.

I'm thrilled to announce that all kiddos are now gone home. It is currently snowing and there is ice everywhere. I'm staying home. My car doors are frozen shut anyway. I need to get groceries soon but I do have chicken and salad fixings so I'll be OK. I'm back on track foodwise after a couple days of extra carbs with all the company. Plan to walk on treadmill today. Fireplace is roaring and I'm staying in where it's warm.

Pups are inside and since I'm the Primary Poop Cleaner Upper, gotta go get after it. Hope you all have a great day.

aud, I took my tree down the day after Christmas. But, last night I noticed that the stockings are still up and Santa and Snowman are still on fireplace mantle. I'll get these down today. I had forgot about them and the nativity sets that are still out.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

it hasnt started snowing here yet, its still raining/freezing. Our trees here in buffalo do not need any more damage done to them. I hope at the very least it stops raining soon.

Lily, last year a left a little santa/snowman ornament out on the mantel all year I remembered to put it away this year. So far it looks like I didnt forget anything

Aud, if we would have had all our company when they were suppose to come I would have had the tree down on the 26th of dec. We now have 40 lb bags of pellets piled up where the tree was

Well, eating isnt going so good today....but it certainly could be worse. Im off to get some work done....have a nice afternoon ladies.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Help me gals, I'm fighting the urge to make chicken and dumplins. A big winter favorite food around here. I'm sure this baked chicken will be just as good. Yeah, right.

I've gotta do the right thing for my DD too. I said last week how she is worried about her wt. again. She was 141 lbs. the same as me. She had done LC for a week and exercised and is back to 135 and she is thrilled. I need to cook LC for her too. So sad, No chicken and dumplins I guess. whine, whine, whine.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Busy!! Busy!! Busy!! Until now,as I'm taking a break. Have 3 large loads of wash,Now that I have to use the bulky clothes, as winter is here.

I got my gym ready,nothing left but the sofa bed thats going out tomorrow,and now I have to find a way to get the treadmill up from the basement. Leo & I can't do it by ourselves.

Robin & Lily-Be careful when walking or driving in the freezing rain.Happy to hear that you kids are home safe and sound. Now you can relax,have a hot chocolate to keep you warm.We are so lucky the icy & stormy weather hasn't hit Cape Cod.We just get the rain as its in the 40's.

Barb-:congrats: congrats:Big Congrats on the 16 lb loss WOOOO HOOOOO !! That a fantastic weight loss :congrats: congrats:

Have a great evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. it's been a bit hectic around here lately.
Barb 16 lbs is fantastic! congrats on lmaking your goal already. I weigh in tomorrow i guess that will be my half way point through the month... we'll see I could remember setting 10 lbs as a weekly goal, now I'm lucky if I hit it in a month!
Lill - I hope you got passed the chicken and dumplings!! This will be my first winter on Atkins (if we ever get winter here!) I too, love those winter comfort foods!
Don't have much time. My daughter had some major oral surgery today so I'm playing nurse. tomorrow is my 3 months sugar/cholesterol test!! Wait til I tiell them that I didnt' take my meds! I sure hope the numbers came down at least a little so that I can show them that Atkins DOES work!
Hope everyone else is doing well and sticking OP! How's everyone else doing on the challenge? this week would be the half way point, I was just wondering!!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Doing a quick fly-by. I see lots of people are doing AWESOME....and also getting snowed/iced in. Stay safe! We got snow--but not near as much as they predicted.

Eating wise: I did ok, but broke down and had an orange for "snack". But on the plus side I didn't have a can of soda. So day 1 w/out soda!! I also drank more water than I had been..so hoping that also will help. I SO want to get down to at least 150...to prove to myself I CAN do this! The only workout I did today was shoveling snow...but it took me 1/2 hour to do it--so I'm counting that as exercise (as my back/neck is really feeling it)!! So day 1 I'm counting as an all-around success I'll try and get here tomorrow so I can do personals
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

'Mornin All!

Just re-committed to our January Challenge - seeing that 1/2 the month has already FLEW BY and I'm prolly nowhere near my lofty goal! Tx for Posting "up there" needstolose--great reminder! I should be back OP today as I'm resuming normal 2nd shift - altho' my duties will have tripled with all the changes that went on while the folks I represent were off.: (Work added to jobs/jobs eliminated entirely)( In for some major stress but am determined to keep coming here & rising to the Challenge of not Carb Food Medicating as I've done in the Past! Doubling my supplements and water instead - also determined to hit the gym/walk when it all starts getting to me.

AND logging on here when I can! Tx!

So glad you got your vehicle back lily - esp in this weather!

I'm on Poop Patrol this morning myself! Little Ginger is such a delight and sooo smart - DH keeps letting her have the run of the house tho' - which has played havoc with the housebreak plan she was on & had almost mastered!

Hmmmmm, sabotages housebreaking The Pup AND my diet??? I'm seeing a trend here . . . . LOL!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Maggie~ good luck at the dr's today....I'll keep my that your numbers are down!

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? Bob Greene was pimping his new book. Anyone else tired of all these new "books". I dont know about this one tho....I get the impression its not really a diet book, but a book on how to deal with eating issues? Mostly emotional eating? I dont know, Im going to go to barnes and noble today to check it out and see if its even something I want to read. If so, I'll request it from the library....or wait until its on the clearance rack

I need someone to come and put doors with locks on my kitchen! Another start again today.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Guys are picking up then sofa from 8-4 so I'm suck in the house. With plenty to do,but its one of those days I don't feel like doing anything. Weather outside is balmy,I'm not complaining by no means,but I'm dragging myself to do anything,Hope I'm not coming down with anything.

Need to Lose-I take meds for my cholesterol and the numbers came down but not as fast until I went on Atkins and the number plumaged down to normal reading. Doctor wasn't surprised, when I told him I was on Atkins, he doing this WOE also.

Lady Adnerb-That great exercise right there. Just be careful not to overdue it,take short breaks when shoveling the snow. I don't think 1 orange is going to hurt you scale wise,oranges & apples are low on the Glyemic List. More so than the rest of the fruit.

Have a nice day,

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote