Old 01-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it is so nice to have my home back to quiet again. I slept poorly but my fault, had coffee late . I'll never learn.

I was mad at Molly when I got up. She tipped over the kitchen trash can and strew trash every where last night. I got that cleaned up.

My eating hasn't been too bad. I did pass on making the chicken and dumplins but had 1/2 of a baked sweet potato with my baked chicken and squash last night. I didn't have lunch yesterday and only had 2 carbs for breakfast, so I think I'm doing OK.

My car doors are still frozen shut. I do have some banking errands and bills to mail. I guess I will wait til DH gets home to do these and use his Jeep. The snow and ice are still on the ground, and it's 15 degrees.

I woke up this morning with my left eye matted completely shut. I cleaned it out and it's very red. Probably caught something from all the young-uns that have been here. Just my luck.

Brenda, WTG on a day without soda.

aud, sorry to hear you're on poop patrol too. I have been lining the whole floor in the room with the puppies with old blankets and doing tons of laundry every day. The baby gate is up to keep them in that one room. The spot dot works good to get any little mess that does get on the floor.

NTL, hope your lab tests are improved.

Robin, we were posting at the same time. I did see Oprah yesterday. I like to read books on diets but they don't peruade me to change the way I eat. I have found if I get to thinking "oh, well I can have this it's low calories" I get myself in trouble with gaining.

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-16-2007 at 10:53 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! well I already did my bitc**ng on the challenge thread, so I'll save you all from going through that mess.
ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH CHOLESTEROL LEVELS???

My individual numbers improved but my total cholesterol went up?? can't figure it out!
oct jan
tryglycerides 59 45
HDL 46 69
LDL 139 125
total cholesterol 197 202
tc/hdl 4.3 2.9 (whatever that is!)

sugar is good was 105 now 85
I'm so confused. but i think over all it's good results! My Dr. was impressed and even more impressed once I told her it wasn't with the medication and that I was still on atkins! Yipee for that!

Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #18  
lilybelle

I finally got my car doors open and went and did my errands. First off was the gas station. She left it with 9 miles worth of gas in the tank. I stood outside with temp of 24 degrees to put gas in it and froze my butt off.

Maggie, good to see that your labs are improving and that your doctor is happy with you doing Atkins. That's great, many doctors are so negative about it.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Talking My life.

Lilly: Kids, grandkids, daughter piled into house. Glad you’re back to normal! Chocolate puppies, several small children, a tired mama dog and your daughters? Did DH fit? I just picture some comedy movie – you should sell the story. Put down that puppy, stop petting the puppy with the vacuum cord, wait why is the vacuum out?, Stop puppy, put down that shoe, Stop giving the puppy your shoes to chew on, do I hear the whipped cream can, well at least the puppies are enjoying the whipped cream they’re licking of the baby. Wait, maybe they shouldn’t, what’s that noise? OH NO, you can’t vacuum the puppy, but why is the vacuum making that sound, oh no, Barbie doll is hung in vacuum! Yep, glad you’re back to normal! Try to sell the script.

Barb: 16 pounds! Way to go on wt loss.

Need to lose: I know it’s good if the HDL goes up and the LDL goes down. The total isn’t all that important. The HDL is the good stuff. The LDL is the bad stuff. Last time I paid attention they wanted you to have a cholesterol total under 200. You’re not all that high. The fact that the proportions shifted is good. At least the overage is due to an increase in good cholesterol! Blood sugar shift from 105 to 85 is good. Normal is 70-110 by the latest standards. You were a high normal, now you are a good solid normal. I say good job!

Now, my week has been good/bad. I've finished my gruelling work week (I work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon nights. It's hard to post except on my days off, so please bear with me on my long postings!

I still don’t have the credits for my old college classes transferred. I don’t know what the hold up is. I wish they’d get it together. I called and left a message for the person that is supposed to be intervening on my behalf. Waiting to hear back still. I did start my chemistry class. Being a science geek to begin with, I think I will be just peachy for me. I usually get A’s in science.

Diet wise – doing fine. I’m up a pound, but TOM is drawing near soon. That’s not unusual for me. I plan to try to push on through OP and watch for the big drop when the debloating comes after TOM!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #20  
lilybelle

Kel, LOL at your perception of how my day went with all the kiddos. Seems pretty correct. Did you know it is actually possible for a 2 yr. old to make a tower of 12 fat puppies. Wish I had a picture of it. The pups were actually quite amused by it all.

DD is back at school now. The temp is in the 20's and it's really cold. Still have icicles on the house and trees and ice on the yard. I'm wearing DH's thermal's to keep warm.

I braved the scale this morning and I maintained since last week. Which, I did expect to have gained as my eating wasn't perfect while all the extra folks were here. I need to exercise but haven't lately. I'm having a quiet , peaceful today and gonna relax today.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #21  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello everybody! I hope that you're all doing well!

Lily, good job on maintaining despite the invasion of all of the relatives this week! I know that the extra people and the extra stress would've made it difficult to maintain for the best people... and yet you were strong enough to do it! YEAH!!!

BTW, what kind of puppies do you have? I missed that part of the "Puppy Watch" by joining too late.

Arkansas Kel, I'm sorry that you're still struggling to get your college credits taken care of! I know that must be very frustrating for you!

I hear you about the dreading of TOM and all of his affects. I had severe bloating before and after that would add many lbs to my already swollen belly. It wasn't fun at all! Hold tight and I'm sure that you'll make it through just fine.

Needtolose, I'm so glad that your cholesterol was so great even without your meds! Way to go! That's a success story in itself and I'm sure that you're very pleased to have shocked your dr. (I would've been!)

Beach bum, I know what you mean about feeling no energy when it's a balmy humid day. In LA we have quite a few of those! Right now it's freakin freezing here! *shiver* We're experiencing frozen rain and the wet cold is no fun at all!

Robin, I stopped watching Oprah on a regular basis a few years ago because I got tired of all of the different self-help books that were constantly being "advertised". Nobody can possibly follow so many conflicting life-books! But I agree that a book that deals with WHY we emotional eat might be a help. If you come across the book and think that it's worthy please let me know!

Aud, good luck on the dieting, work and housebreaking duties! It sounds as if you're as busy and as in demand as I am most of the time! Thanks for helping us to recommit ourselves to our goals! The win itself isn't necessarily obtaining the goal, but the strive to obtain it!

Well, it's been a busy few days here. I'm going to try and get somethings taken care of today and get my exercise in. In fact, I'd best begin exercising right now before I get distracted and find that the day is over before I even realize it!

Take care everybody!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #22  
lilybelle

Barb, my puppies are chocolate labradors. I forgot to mention that at 2:30 this morning, Molly woke me up with all 12 puppies following her. She had knocked down the baby gate when she went to feed them. I had to get up, fix the gate and get them all corralled again. She was literally dragging half of them on her boobies, LOL. It's nice that at least someone/something has saggier boobs than mine right now. LOL.

I'm getting housework done and my never ending chore of cleaning up the puppy room. It's still very cold here. I feel like I need a whole laundromat instead of just my one washer and dryer. My DH wears a thermal shirt, a t-shirt, a turtleneck and his work uniform plus 2 pr. of socks and long johns everyday.I have a whole load just from his clothes each day with his towel included. Besides the rest of the family and the puppy blankets. I feel like I have a full time job.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #23  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Have to make this quick,I have to start supper.

DH did fine at the cat scan,but we'll know next week when we go to the doctors again. Say a prayer that the cat scan has something positive to show or not show us.

Weighed-In this morning and I lost another pound. Wish it was more but I'll take it.Jan Challenge lost 3 lbs have 7 more to go.

Can't believe how cold it is up here, it was freezing BRRRRRRRRRR!!!,but I shouldn't complain tomorrow our temps are going back up again for the
weekend.

Will post tomorrow when I not so rushed,just wanted to let you know I still around.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #24  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!

Hope you don't mind if I hop on in! I have been low carbing since the 1st of January and have lost almost 10 pounds. I haven't stuck 100%. Last weekend I made some bad choices, but I am back to it.

I have gone back and forth between "diet" plan after plan. I like the way I feel on lowcarb and glad to have decided this WOE.

You've all had really great success and that's very motivating.

Just out of curiousity...have you all noticed that low carb has really got a bad rap lately? I tried looking for some cookbooks before Christmas and saw NOTHING low carb. I guess it's not "in" anymore. Oh well, I'm glad that there is the support system here for those of us doing this program.

Have a great one!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Bleh

Hello everyone,

Well my typical thing happened. I am back up to 170.

I danced my butt off this weekend .. we had two performances Sunday and a rehearsal in between. But we ALSO celebrated after the performance by going out. I had a Reuben Sandwitch. Then my mother called Monday and said my sis had a coupon for the Olive Garden and wanted to take us out. Then Tuesday, my dance group had a business meeting at an Indian Vegetarian restaurant.

Too much eating out. Way too many carbs. I guess I thought I could get away with it because of all the dancing I did.

This gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over is so typical for me. I get really discouraged because sometimes even if I am totally on plan, the scales will not budge. Probably the (blankety blank) hypothyroid and being post menopausal.

So anyway, I am back to square one. First day on induction. I also changed my ticker to show my highest all over weight, because I need to be reminded that I CAN do this, I have done it very sucessfully in the past and kept the weight off for the most part. Also need to drink more water.

I am going to hold my self accountable to the group and start posting in the meal threads.

The good thing is, I have been exercizing more than I have in years and I feel GOOD! I am just hopeful I can keep it up, it makes such a difference.

Grrr. This weight loss stuff is so tough.

Nona
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #26  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its coming,THE BIG WHITE STUFF is going to hit us tonight & into the weekend with freezing rain. I guess the autumn weather is gone. Frowner Frowner I could cry!! Now I have to find my YakTracks and take them out where ever they are.

There talking about power outages also,so I guess I have to close my Rachael Ray Cookbooks as if we don't have power,We'll have to live on sandwiches and that as not going to be to good for Wednesday W-I. YIKES!!! You just can win[one step forward and 3 steps back].

Have to go,Leo wants to get out before the other people raid the supermarket. -

Hugs BB
Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #27  
lilybelle

BB, I'm praying for you and your DH that the CT scan will provide you with good results.
welcome rebelrider, Congrat's on the 10 lbs. That is fantastic.

nona, sorry to hear of your scale disappointment. WTG on the dancing and exercise. Glad you feel good. Don't get too frustrated with the gain. I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago when I ate at Zio's Italian food place. Not sure if it was all the bread, pasta or cheesecake that ballooned me up 4 lbs., but it's gone now and your's will be too. Take a look at the maintainers thread, almost all of us there packed on a few holiday lbs. and had to take them back off. Life happens, just enjoy it and get back to the program. Consistency and persistence is the KEY.

BB, we have forecasts for 8 inches of snow starting Saturday and the ice from last weekend is still on the ground. I gotta get stocked for food too. My 17 yr. old step daughter is staying with us right now, they have no electricity since last Friday when ice storm hit. Now, my MIL wants to come stay too as she just got back from vacationing in Phoenix to find she has no electricity. She hates dogs in the house. So, wonder how she'll like having 13 of them in here. LOL. Maybe they will bother her enough that she'll go somewhere else. LOL, I'm so cruel.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #28  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Greetings From The Slippery Slope of Sugar-Binge Land!!!

Had some sugary garbage in Moderation on the way home night b4 last - and then latelatelate last night stopped at a gas station and went for the Sugar Gusto! By the time I steered the car into the drive-way with my sugar glazed hands - eyes were slitted half closed and barely made it to bed! Anyone else have that reaction to sugar after a month or so of LC'ing?

Determined to make it home w/o stopping from now on - and taking a SLEEPING PILL instead of this self sugar medicating BS!

Emotional Eating is just a habit - a crutch and I've got to somehow make the connection that hurting myself isn't HELPING any of the stressors in life.

Seems pretty simple?

Ahhhhh . . . but to put into practice . . . I feel GREAT on this WOE too rebelr . . . and had this massive workplace stress happened b4 I found you all - I'm sure last nights Sugar Fest would have turned into a weeks/months long WOLife!

Instead, since I'm up waaaaaay too early for the night I have to put in . . . gonna go do my Pilates and then take a bubble bath b4 lying back down.

Gonna picture Arkie's lilyb "script" - and add a MIL to it!!! LOL!!! Gonna send prayers out to beachie on DH's cat scan and possible poewer outage on the way . . . gonna think of nona dancing away and be thankful for Song--who always is considerate and thoughtful mentioning everyone in her Posts.

I quit watching Oprah a few years ago too . . . not sure if it was the promotional aspect of ALL these dayum books . . . or if she started coming across as kind of self righteous to me? She was much better when she actually went out into the audience with the microphone and had REAL life guests on with REAL life problems, ya know?

I thought the same thing about LC over the Christmas Season Shopping rebelrg . . . must really be "out." If one more person says "Dr. Atkins died from high fat . . . blah blah inaccurate BLAH" - I may go Postal!!!! Didn't see much LC anything while shopping away.

*picking self up and striding ever onward*

Have a Great Day Gals - & Tx for being here!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #29  
lilybelle

BB, if my electricity goes out I'm going to live on peanut butter, apples and no-bake cookies. LOL. I might throw in some boiled eggs for the gas effect , just to drive my company away. LOL.

aud, the last time I ate sweets, I got a really bad brain fog from it. I felt horrible. Spent most of the day in bed. I figured it was just my crazy blood sugar telling me "put them darn cookies down".

I only watch Oprah or Dr. Phil if the show is on wt. loss or mooching relatives which I seem to have plenty of.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #30  
beachbum

Hi Ladies I'm Back Again Got my shopping done. Got some lowest carb soups & canned veggies just in case theres an outage.

Phoenix Song-Wish I had the warm balmy weather again. Spoke to soon

Lily-Always have PB in the house,thanks for the suggesting it.Sometimes ice is worse than snow.Walking will be treacherous. Do You have anything like Yaktracks that you can attach to your shoes or booths??????????? You're not cruel you have your step daughter and the puppies to take care of.Eat those EGGS!!! Thanks for the prayers,we'll find out the results next week when we see the doctors.

Rebelridergirl-Welcome and congrats on your 10 weight loss. That was my wish for the January Challenge but I don't think its going to happen.Have 7 more lbs to lose

Hugs BB