Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had to post this. I walked 1 1/2 miles on treadmill and did 14 min's on the elliptical (my farthest yet) tonite. I'm now hitting the shower. My legs feel like noodles.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Rebelridergirl: Jump on in anytime. We’re a welcoming group! Congrats on the 10! Glad you got back on the wagon after getting off course. That’s the most important part – not giving up. Low Carb has had a bad rap for awhile. I like Dana Carpender’s books best – they’re still on Amazon.com. I’m also planning to post many of my favorite recipes on the recipe section as I make them. There are also many good ones on there already – might I once more bring our attention the all mighty 1 minute muffin. That thing should win awards! Fast, tasty, makes you think you got a muffin!

Nona: Try to look at the dancing as progress. I think it’s cool – I checked out your pics awhile back. Very cool. I have to watch myself in that I get “I deserve it” syndrome. As in: This was a really bad day, I deserve a little something… or Well, I deserve it, this is a celebration… Sometimes it’s just hard to watch other nonweight challenged folks who can eat anything packing it in. I have to remind myself, they’re the lucky ones cause they can, but I’m not made that way so I can’t.

Beach Bum: So glad the CT scan went well. Will hope for good results. The waiting is always the worst part. Congrats on another lb gone. Hope the power holds. (Why do you HAVE to eat sandwiches if the power goes out? You could just eat sandwich fillings, & I’m sure there are ways to find low carb stuff that will work. If you can heat things still (wood stove?) try canned or frozen low carb veggies heated on the stove with a chunk of smoked turkey and a slice of cheese, boiled or deviled eggs done before outtage? If you got a cool room some of that stuff will still keep for a long time. Pork skins? Nuts? Cold low carb cereal (Fiber One generally works) with Hoods Calorie Countdown milk? C’mon, don’t backslide cause of weather – you can find ways.) OK, I wrote all that then discovered you had talked yourself down. Good job. Even moderately watching the carbs will help if the power goes out. Proud of you!

Aud: See “I Deserve It” Syndrome above. I take along a south beach meal bar (3 net carbs) and order me a McDonald’s coffee to drive with. I’ve convinced myself that’s a treat!

Lilly: Congrats on the elliptical progress. I’ve thought about getting one. My crazy fun aunt and I were out shopping and I hopped on one in Kmart just to see if I could do it. I loved it. Then hopped off and saw the sign that said “Stay off equipment, display only!” Laughed pretty hard – the sign was falling off so you couldn’t see it very well. Well, too late, tried it out anyway.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Lilli thanks for the encouragement. it seems I have been bouncing around 165 give or take 5 lbs either direction for years. I really want to be able to make the push past it. Also, great job with the exercize!

Kel, you have a really good point about the "I deserve it" syndrome. I am going to have to remember ... I deserver more energy, less foot pain, hopefully less blood pressure medication, and all the other things that go along with getting rid of 30 more pounds!

And you are right, the dancing is such a good thing, for me physically and spiritually actually, it feeds my soul.

My group is getting more and more chances to perform recently.

Oh, and also, since I find the discipline to do "normal" exercize much too difficult to muster, I have to build in fun stuff. I'm adding to my list, swing dance on Saturday. Gonna go and see if I can pursuade anyone to dance with me! this may become a habit.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Nona
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

hey all. thanks for the cholesterol info KEP. makes more sense to me now!
gotta run off to work early - catch ya all later
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #35  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ where are you and what are you up to?????

Things are going alright around here. Dh and did some very serious heavy lifting yesterday. We are both seriously sore this morning !! On the plus side, we were burning calories and building muscle!

Today is a down day, Im off to the dentist in an hour to have a tooth pulled I havent had this done since I was a kid.......at the time the dentist broke the darn tooth trying to get it out. Hopefully this one will be painless, and uneventful!

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #36  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I had a great night's sleep after my workout. My arms and shoulders are a little sore this morning. Thigh muscles are a little tight but I'm OK.

Kel, I always try out the exercise equipment on display too. LOL, I tried a ab lounger recently. Not sure if those help or not.

nona, WTG on the dancing. I like to dance too. I used to love to swing dance. But, DH isn't that great of a dancer. (of course he thinks he is).

Hi maggie, hope you have a good day.

Robin, good luck with the tooth extraction. Hope it's painless.

Wish me luck my grandkids are on the way over here. We are expecting sleet and snow tonite.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #37  
Lovin' Life

almost painless but uneventful!! The worst part is the novicaine injection. I was shaking so bad after he first injected it, it hurt so bad. Felt like he was poking my spine! Cripes! Well, its over.

Im going to go lay down in a bit, after the bleeding stops
Old 01-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #38  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

No SNOW,just RAIN Boy, we are lucky up here,comparing to the rest of the country.Let see what happens over the weekend.

Watched a weird movies last night on T.V. and after heading for bed didn't sleep a wink. I'm still in my P.J.'s and probably go back to bed to find the ZZZZZZZZZZZ's I lost last night. Nice to be retired.

Arkansas Kel-Thanks for the pip talk,the good thoughts about me & my DH& the congrats for my 1 lb lose. I just got all wrapped up when I hear a storm is coming. I have everything under control. Have lots of low carb recipes from different low carb web sites. Did have the fillers and put them on lettuce. Bought romaine hearts to use as a wrap.

Nona-That a great idea[swing dancing] I love to dance,and If I don't have anyone to dance with I dance by myself. I love to do "the twist" at home, its also a great waistline exercise.

Robin-Good Luck at the dentist.Sending you good vibes : that your tooth,won't cause too much pain.

LILY-You did great with you exercising,now take care of your sore muscles,take time out to REST.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

Robin>Glad you are OK after the dentist. You are right, the worst thing is the injection. I have to get a deep scaling done, but I keep putting it off.
Lily>14 minutes is awesome for the elleptical. So proud of you.
I got my new fridge on Wednesday, love the filtered water in the door!(never had that before)
Question on airplanes seats..I am traveling on business next weekend and It will be my first time on a plane. Ummm...Does anyone know at what weight, the seat will be tight? I'm 249lbs. I just want to know if I need to be prepared to be imbarresed. Honestly, who else could I ask other than you guys that understand. So glad you are here.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #40  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning!

Lily~ 14 min Im lucky if I can get a full 5 min in. Good for you!!!!!!!!! I never got those ppl that got on an eliptical and read

Things are good here, the only thing that hurts is my jaw joint where the injection was put in. I cant open my mouth very wide, so I have to have small spoonfuls of egg salad My dh has been having field day joking about his toothless wife

Yesterday wasnt a very good day for eating, I had protein pudding (cheesecake flavour ) a cup of chicken broth, then just before bed my tummy was starting to get really mad about being empty, I had some egg salad. So that was it for the soft food yesterday....I should be good today to eat a few things not too crunchy.

All my muscles are still very sore from the other day, but I think today I'll do an upper body workout....I need to work on those batwings!

Im still having issues with wanting to eat too much crap....and Im convinced its a mental thing. Every time I decide....ok, monday Im going to start fresh, and get back to my diet.....I binge and eat crap all weekend. I caught myself the other day thinking....ok, Im going to have my tooth pulled, and I wont be able to have anything really good for quite a while, so this pumpkin bread is ok. I proceeded to eat 4pcs. Which is better than the entire loaf!!! But Im 41 yrs old, and Ive just realized I do this and have figured out why I do it. I think its time to stop! Now I just have to figure out how!

Well, Im off to get started on my day.....have a good one ladies.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #41  
beachbum

Good Saturday Morning Ladies

Well Today, I having my bed fixed,so I shouldn't fall off the bed anymore,or lets hope so.

We enjoying the sun,even tho they say the temps are going to fall.We expecting Winds blowing around 60MPH.

Justwill-Happy you got your new refrigerator.Nothing taste better than filtered water,especially the with the drinking water that our town supplies UGH!!!.The seats are tight in the coach area of the plane. So I would suggest going 1 st class where the seats are wider. If you going on a business trip you'll be able to afford it, if the company pays for it.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #42  
lilybelle

Hi everyone,

It's sleeting now. I never made it to the grocery store yesterday. Me and DH went out to eat at a fish place that he loves. I ended up having 2 pieces of the fried fish. Not to bad since I stuck to salad, cottage cheese and green beans as my side dishes. DH had the fried potatoes, beans, fried shrimp and fried fish and the banana pudding. Even with just the 2 pieces of fried fish, my tummy was so bloated and miserable. I feel better this morning. I hate going to this place, as there isn't much a person doing LC can eat.

BB, my step-daughter that is a senior in high school is staying with us. Her small county has been considered a disaster area and FEMA has to come and declare the schools safe to reopen. Most of that town is still without electricity due to the ice storm. They have already been out of school a week and are now getting hit with snow and ice again. She is upset because she learned she won't get to graduate on time as the school will have to stay open longer this summer to make up for all the missed days due to the bad weather. She only had a couple weeks to look forward to before she leaves to the Coast Guard boot camp.

My MIL still has no electricity. I talked to her last night. They are getting by with a small gas heater and oil lamps for light. She has blocked off most of her house and says they are staying warm enough. But, since her and my Aunt are both on Atkins too, there eating hasn't been too great. Said they had bologna sandwiches for dinner. She lives on the same rural road as my sister and every single electric pole there is broken in two from the ice. They have a fireplace but it is one of those that's just for decoration, it doesn't work. Her cookstove and all is electric. I told her last night that all the puppies, Molly and the cats are inside due to the weather. She politely declined to come stay with us. It truly is a zoo here. Even a big possum on the back deck. LOL.

Justwill, I'm 46 yrs. old and thought I was the only one on the planet that has never flown. I am terrified to get on a plane.

Robin, I hope you heal quickly and get to eat some real food soon. I also hate those novocaine injections. They are terribly painful for me. Also, at least you stopped with 4 slices of the bread. I used to eat many, many slices of bread with strawberry jelly. I also have a hard time with my eating on the weekend, after doing pretty great all week.

I'm so happy that we still have power and haven't been hit as hard as most of the state. We have called every single ad in the newspaper for firewood and every one is sold out. We only have enough to last a few days if the power goes out. I guess if this happens, DH will be in the pasture cutting down a tree as we do have lots of trees.

Forgot to mentiion that I'm going to be broke, broke, broke next week. Have to pay for step-daughters class ring, announcements and cap and gown. She is home-coming queen and her mother is paying for her formal dress. I sure wish we had got some notice of these upcoming expenses. Next month we'll be paying for her senior pictures. Just when I thought money wasn't too tight, boom. DH is working overtime this weekend to help pay for all this.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

Lily, its not so much the plane Im worried about (yet). Im worried I will get lost at the airport, get on the wrong plane, miss my flight, bring something Im not supposed to (security), my ace not fitting in the seat, etc.

Not sure what happened this week, but I dropped 3lbs! I am so excited. I've never lost 3 lbs in one week. Also, I was going through my old jewrely and I also discovered I can now wear bracelets. REAL bracelets, not the stretchy ones! SO cool. I was so excited I went and bought some shoes!!

I am a little upset because I am having a hard time finding my UTZ pork rinds this week. I may have to contact the company. Has anyone ever tried these? They are way different than the bakenets. They are air puffed and melt in your mouth.. less salt too.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #44  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Me and you both robin! I've totally figured out WHAT/WHEN but need to figure out the HOW to STOP! Gets exasperating! Been super stressed and exhausted/looong hours - have turned to self medicating with carbs~again~ . . . . Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm convinced its HABIT - and a BAD one at that.

HOW to stop the cycle . . . . .

Didn't realize we're the same age lily . . . wtg on the exercise!

I've exercised my way thru this latest carb-fest - something UNHEARD of in my previous life. LOL! Loving the Pilates dvd - its three 10 minute segments - so far I've been able to do all three each day. But always start out thinking "I can do ANYTHING for 10 minutes!"

DO notice that when I'm in Bread Machine Bread Binge-mode that I virtually stop drinking my water-plan. (??????) Just when I need it the most.

Too weird.

I was terrified of planes my whole life - finally got on one at age 36 (Wedding Trip to CO) . . . I have controlled Anxiety/Panic Disorder with a touch of claustrophobia----don't like to be in anything I can't get OUT of--like elevators etc. Anyhooo . . . it was wonderful and I LOVED flying! The seat was tight (I weighed around 200# then) but manageable.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #45  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

PS to ArkieKel: Tx for the awesome inspiration!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote