Aphil, Thats funny.

I food intake for today was:

Breakfast: Rice Krispie Treat. 1/2 cup coffee with sugar

Lunch: Sandwich with low fat ham, swiss cheese, lowfat mayo
Cup of Tomato Beef Soup

Dinner: Subway Chicken Breast Sub with Cheese and veggies and lowfat mayo
McDonalds Fruit Parfait

I exercised on the elliptical for 25 minutes

Tomorrow night is my Christmas dinner for work. There's no hope for me.

Deb
Old 12-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone!!!

Deb-you know I am going to yell at you about having a Rice Krispie Treat and coffee with sugar for breakfast, right?

Here is my journal for yesterday:

exercise:
1 mile walk
20 minutes of yoga poses/stretches

breakfast:
cut up fruit (various) and yogurt
lunch:
low fat pasta salad
dinner:
whole wheat pasta and tomato sauce
side salad
breadstick
evening snack:
organic apple
organic all natural cereal bar

1590 calories for the day

drinks:coffee and Splenda in the morning, water all day long

I have a holiday gathering tonight at my grandmothers. (Ours are split up over the course of 1 1/2 weeks-we each have two grandparents places to go to (4 total) 3 sets of parents to go to (mom/stepdad, dad/stepmom, and my inlaws) plus a couple others...

My grandmother always has pies and cookies at her house...but she does more of a lighter buffet-roasted turkey and ham for sandwiches, a veggie tray, a fruit salad, chips, etc. and it makes it easier for me to choose a healthier lower calorie meal there-so I'm not too worried about tonight. (She has her big Christmas dinner on Christmas day along with her entire family or brothers and sisters...tonight is her small one with her children and grandchildren only.)

I am going to do my strength training today...stay on plan and eat some of her turkey, veggie tray items, and fruit salad for dinner tonight. Should be no problem at all.

Jasmine's last day of school is today...and it is her school holiday party. That is the only part I am concerned with...her coming home with a load of candy and stuff from the school party. If she does...I have a nice 50 calorie candy cane laid out to shove into my mouth and suck on as a deterrant.

Everyone have a great day...and remember-YOU are in control. You can get in that exercise...and choose wisely. We are all responsible for ourselves.

We have to take the time for ourselves. If we don't take care of ourselves, then we have less to give the ones we love. Don't ever feel badly about shutting yourself in a room to get that workout in...or taking time out for that toenail polish...we need to take care of US.

Aphil
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #123  

Aphil,

I knew you would.

Bad part about yesterday. Rice Krispie Treat, (It was the lowest fat and cal item in vending machine and I did not have anything at home to bring).

Good part about yesterday. Yogurt Parfait. (I wanted baked potato chips with my sandwich). I asked for no dressing on my sandwich so that I could control how much low-fat dressing I wanted, they always put too much!! Originally I was not going to exercise because after work I had so many things to do but I managed to find 30 minutes to go to the gym.

Deb
Old 12-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #124  

Good for you on getting in the exercise...and about the salad dressing thing. I always ask for it on the side and do it myself-even with fat free or light dressings...because a lot of places DO tend to put on too much...and you end up with 2-3 servings of it instead of one. If they are going to do that...you may as well have 1 serving of regular!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:21 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

Thursday:

Keep in mind we are low in food it is the end of the week..........

6AM 1 dry whole wheat toast w/ tsp peanunt butter coffee
9AM 1 small low fat cottege cheese and water
10:30 1 home made oatmeal and walnut cookie (co-worker's Christmas treat to us?)
12AM Balonie sandwich on whole wheat and musturd and water
4PM 1 small bag of mixed unsalted nuts,seeds, rasens and yogurt chips and a coffee
6:30 KFC !!! 1 glass of low fat 2% milk
water later that night

I only got to do the stairs here at work twice.........We had people at the house last night and even if we didn't I was so full and felt so bad from the KFC! Thank you Aphil for all yoru support! I agree about the bed thing.

Where is Vermontmom, susan and Irish???? Miss you guys.

Deb it is so hard when there is nothing at home! That is when I make my biggest mistakes. I have such a hard time at dinner.....

Have a great weekend, I am doing the last of my shopping!

Amie
Old 12-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Well, hello there!

Yet again I totally forgot this place existed. Where my brain has been I do not know. I'll blame it on pregnancy

Quick update on me: I am about 23 weeks into my pregnancy and still up less than 10 lbs! I am hoping to gain no more than 24 total and it just MAY happen. I have been in such a motivated mode lately (as far as dieting goes) but unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it at the moment! I just hope it doesn't disappear after the baby is born (due mid-April).

Glad to see some of you are still around and plodding along... I'll probably need your help when I finally start up again!

Hopefully I can keep in touch here without forgetting yet again. D'oh. If I can keep myself in this mindset for the next 4 months, I'll be set to start again.

Christine
Old 12-22-2004, 05:38 AM   #127  

Talking back and seasons greetings to all...

Hello,
Sounds like Aphil has a pretty tight ship being run around here! You guys are inspiring!

I'm recovering from a foot sprain from last week and am feeling pretty icky with no exercise to speak of - it really does make a difference - not just on the scale but also in your attitude and motivation! I miss it!! I can't believe I'm saying that!

Also, I haven't been counting calories - but I have been eating less as it has been too much trouble to go get food ! I haven't weighed since early last week, but I think I might be weighing too often anyhow. Aphil - what do you recommend to folks (I noticed your signature hasn't changed current weight recently, so was just curious as to what you did there - you've got it so together and at this time of year - you motivate us all so much, thanks!)
Old 12-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #128  

Hi Ddel30!

Nope...my "scale" weight has not changed in the past few weeks...which I am stating as a good thing considering the Thanksgiving/Hannakuh/Solstice/Christmas season and the events I have been to.

My goal really is not to "lose" during this month...but to maintain through the holidays...and start losing again after the New Year. I am not "off plan" by ANY means...but for instance-we had two Christmas gatherings last weekend-Friday Night and Sunday-and both involved huge meals. This weekend-I have events Friday Night, Saturday (two events with meals!) and Sunday afternoon!!! (We also had TWO Thanksgiving dinners to attend last month-one on that day, and one the weekend after-we have a LOT of family and they "spread it all out" for us...good that we get the chance to see them all...but not so much for the zillion days of food.)

My mindset has been such...I am kicking along in my workouts...especially Mondays and Tuesdays because I have "double workouts" those days due to dance rehearsals those nights. I have been on plan on the days that I am here...and doing as well as I can on the days we have family gatherings.

On the days that I am out of town with family...I bring snacks with me in my purse-portable fruit like apples, bananas, clementines, and maybe a high protein meal replacement bat, etc. and try to make the best choices that I can make-and have my backup food there if there isn't anything "salvagable". Sunday for instance-I had roasted turkey, some raw veggies from the veggie tray...and a scoop of green beans. At a birthday party we went to the weekend before last-I ate a couple clementines I brought and made a cup of tea instead of having cake and ice cream with everyone else. I am doing what I can!

I also do not go only by the scale as a measure of progress...as I strength train and professionally dance...and I have really been doing some muscle building in that arena. There are many times in the past few years do to muscle gain-that I do not lose for a little while in scale weight-but my measurements get smaller.

If someone only does very light weights or mainly cardio (walking/aerobics/jogging) type of workouts their losses will almost always show on the scale...with strength trainers our progress isn't always measured in pounds.

Lately my progress has been in the aerobic endurance area and core strength (back/abs/thighs). I have kicked my cardio walk/jog workouts from 1-2 miles to 2-3 depending on the day. In dance we are doing a new routine for an upcoming show...and it is VERY athletic. We are doing lots of core strength moves-heavily using the back, ab, and thigh muscles. Definitely not sissy stuff. I have been wearing knee pads for knee protection, and legwarmers to cover the tops (bony part) of my feet due to the extensive floorwork in this routine. (You oughta see the bruising on my knees and tops of my feet from the hardwood dance floor...I look like a 6 year old kid in the summertime! )

Yes-I still want to lose over 20 more pounds...but there are many times being a performing dancer, that my #1 fitness goals are not anything to do with the scale-and I focus more on endurance, flexibility, balance, and strength for certain things.

It is nice when the scale goes down...but that is not the only measurement I go by...my body measurements, actual clothing sizes, and being able to physically do something I could not do before are the biggest "progress" signals for me.

Yes-I do try to keep a tight ship. I have people in my family who whine about being fat/out of shape/overweight...and are whining about this while drinking a Pepsi sitting in the recliner, while their treadmill is being used as a coat rack.
We all have bad days where laziness or temptation gets to us...but we have to keep getting up and doing what we have to do. If you slip up, you slip up...get back on the horse and start going forward again.
I understand 100% when one of us has a slip up and eats a piece of cake...or caves in and orders fattening food at a restaurant. What I try to convey is that we can't let that slip up turn into 2 weeks of pigging out, feeling sorry for ourselves.
Last year there was a tempting dessert here in the house-and I remember slipping up and eating a piece. I sat and battled with it...and after a while I regained control. I took the rest of it and threw it in the trash. It was very empowering to me...I took control and was not going to eat any more of it...and I took action. My husband thinks I am crazy when I do stuff like that...but oh well.

Today is strength training for me...I am really kicking it in lately-I want defined dancer's legs this summer...
Old 12-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #129  

Aphil,

I am doing the same thing that you are. I am trying to maintain through the holiday, and am doing very well. Actually I weigh less right now than I have in years. I have been having problems staying away from goodies that people bring to work, etc., but I count them. When I count fat and calories of what I eat, even if I go over, I feel in control.

Deb
Old 12-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #130  

I feel the same way...I would rather count and BE AWARE of what I have eaten...and say "Okay, I had a cookie and I am 150 calories over what I would have like to have been today." than eat a cookie, say heck with it-and pig the rest of the afternoon-you could easily end up eating 1000+ over your normal calorie allotment for the day that way.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:20 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

Hi

You all sound like you are doing well! I am doing alright. I am maintaining like the rest of you but have really gotten slack with the exercise. I have been so busy and getting to bed late and working long hours. I left work last night at 7PM so didn't get home till 8 PM. I am feeling good though becouse the holiday foods and lack of exercising has not put me up. I weighted in yesterday morning and was at 162.0 the week before had been at 164.4? This is the weight I have been at for the last month or two so I feel alright with it. I am getting excited for Christmas becouse I got my elliptical last night . When I got home last night my DD and DH had been wraping my gifts and that was one of them! I can't wait to get back into it this weekend and use a new machine. I am burt out on the treadmill. I am so short on time with my overtime at work and shopping that I am thinking about starting to get up about 45 min earlier in the morning to work out for 20-30 mins on my machines but it will be hard becouse I am not a morning person at all and can not get up on time as it is? I just feel that excited feeling like I am getting re-motivated again and I want to be at my goal weight this summer for my vacation to Maine to see my family.

I met a girl that works at a shoe store in our mall. She seemed to be in her early to mid 20's. Very cute and looked like a size 5. We got to talking and she said she had lost 100 lbs over a years time. I was so socked and impressed with it. To see this girl who says she was over weight since childhood look so in shape and thin after loosing 100lbs was so inspiring! looking at her I would have never though she could have or was over weight let alone 100 lbs over weight. She told me that she goes betweent 105 and 115 now. I asked her how she did it and she said that she had gotten to a point where she was so sick of food that it would make her sick to eat? She said for a while that she was only eating crackers and stuff, then she started fallowing her friends diet that was in weight watchers. She said she would watch what she was eating and order what she ordered and just lost the weight while slowing adding exercise. It made me feel guilty and that I needed to get fired up again and also made me relize our goals can be reached if we just don't give up........What a story she had!

I hope you all have a great Christmas and a happy new year! I will start reporting my food and exercise on Monday. I do not get on the computer much at home and am starting my new schedual on Saturday!
Aphil, good luck on your new rutine and sounds like you are really doing great!

Susan, Irish and Vermontmom I hope to hear from you three soon and have a good Christmas, if you are here reading the posts......

:merry:

Amie

Start June 03 212 lbs
Mid way June 04 156.6 lbs
Now 162.0 lbs
Goal 128.0 lbs
Old 12-22-2004, 01:53 PM   #132  

Hi All,

I am feeling better and back to my old self. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year as most of my siblings will be home for the holidays. My DH is working both days so we won't be overdoing it too much. I made my gifts this year so I haven't overspent. (we just didn't have it to spend this year) I'm not overeating yet. My husband brought a few goodies home like eggnog (bleck) and chocolate covered cherries (yuck) so I have
been lucky so far. We are eating several meals at other family members houses so at least I won't have to look at food when I get home.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. I love and appreciate each of you ,for your support and encouragement and just being here when I have those hollow days of the soul.

God bless and keep us every one! Merry Christmas. Peace to all mankind! Love, Irish
Old 12-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #133  

Hi everyone!

How in the world did I forget to mention this...but I got my Christmas presents from Jason over the weekend. He took me out on a shopping trip-handed me a little cash and spent the day with me, choosing things for myself. He said he didn't know quite what to get me...but didn't want me to pick it out alone because I end up buying a shower head or new miniblinds... He wanted me to get stuff for "me".
I got some new exercise dvds that I had been wanting...some new pjs (Strawberry Shortcake-in a size L, not an XL any longer! My other pajama sets are all XL...and are getting very "droopy" in the behind area. ) he bought me a new coffee maker that I had been eyeing...and some chocolate fondue scented cologne. (If I am not going to be eating much of it...I may as well wear it! )
He DID actually get me a BIG gift...and I am giddy with excitement about it. To make a long story short-I never really got an engagement ring or proposal...we had more of a "practical discussion" about getting married. My wedding band has not been worn in two years-because it is too big. I can't get it sized because it has a pattern all the way around it in the gold...and if I resize it, it will be ruined. I just kept it for sentimental value. This weekend he told me out shopping that he always felt bad that I never had a diamond...and that my band doesn't fit...and he wanted to rectify that situation. Oh boy, DID he...

My new rings are gorgeous...I have never had a diamond in a ring before except as an "accent" like a tiny one next to a topaz or ruby as more of decoration...you know what I mean. It is getting sized to fit me right now...we are supposed to pick it up next week. On that note...my wedding band was a size 7-and when I got fitted for my rings this past weekend-my ring finger is now a 5 1/2!

Aphil
Old 12-22-2004, 02:42 PM   #134  

Good for you Aphil. Your husband sounds like a wonderful person.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #135  

Yes...yes, he is a wonderful person. In a lot of ways he is like a third child...but I would guess that most men are like that.

He tells me all of the time that he wouldn't know what to do without me...because he "can't take care of himself" meaning cooking, keeping track of all the bills, household chores, remembering everyone in the family's anniversaries/birthdays/weddings...
Closed Thread