3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   What did you resist today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/246039-what-did-you-resist-today.html)

VaporChick 03-03-2012 12:02 AM

I resisted a pb & jelly sandwich with extra pb on regular white bread - LOVE Jif creamy PB...

Rose426 03-03-2012 12:19 AM

I resisted getting pretzel sticks at the mall...so proud!

Precious Little 03-03-2012 05:18 PM

These:

http://www.especiallyoffice.com/weba...Cream_200g.jpg

OMG I nearly had some last night after dinner, I was hungry, but I had this instead.

http://www.beautiful-body-ideal-weig...n-21397273.jpg

Lee NZ 03-03-2012 07:27 PM

I resisted fresh baking at the farmer's market I went to this morning and the chocolate that is in the larder. I am determined to stay on track today! Isn't it odd how some times it feels easy and other times you are hanging on for dear life?!

Loved the pics Precious - hope that banana was sooo good! ; )

Lee

VaporChick 03-04-2012 12:06 AM

I resisted a bowl of ice cream tonight

LEESE 03-04-2012 01:44 AM

i passed up chips with my subway sub

KellyBean88 03-04-2012 03:07 AM

Today I went to a gender reveal party. My cousin is having a girl!!! But anyways, they had a "what are you craving" table, and it was filled with salty, sweet, crunchy, and yummy stuff. I didn't give in one bit! Nothing tastes as good as accomplishment feels!

hk2011 03-04-2012 06:58 AM

I went to a birthday party last night. They had buffalo chicken dip with chips. I got a small serving of the dip and used it as topping for my turkey burger. Prior to I would have gotten a larger serving and had chips with it. I also had cake and ice cream but a very small serving compared to what I have done in the past. I am pretty proud of myself and I did not feel like I was deprived when my other friend kept getting more cake.

sparkles86tn 03-04-2012 08:54 AM

When I was out grocery shopping Friday, I went down the chip aisle. However, I did not buy any chips. If I buy a bag of chips, I'll eat the whole bag at once..

gardend1va 03-04-2012 09:38 PM

I was going to bed last night and felt so hungry. It was a real gnawing, hollow feeling, not just "peckish". We are on vacation and don't have a lot of food in our condo, but my husband is a sweets junkie, and I had one of his Kauai Kona Coffee Macadamia cookies IN MY MOUTH when I decided better of it, took it out, and had a 20 calorie Finn Rye cracker instead. Whew. That was close.

summerlove 03-06-2012 01:49 PM

My boyfriend made burgers yesterday, and I didn't use any mayo...and had carrot sticks instead of french fries ;). Pretty proud of myself because before, I used to just eat whatever he ate...ya, that made me gain 10 pounds.

Rose426 03-06-2012 06:12 PM

Sweet potatoe pie that my husband bought, which is torturing me!

VermontMom 03-06-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardendiva (Post 4240886)
... I had one of his Kauai Kona Coffee Macadamia cookies IN MY MOUTH when I decided better of it, took it out, and had a 20 calorie Finn Rye cracker instead. Whew. That was close.

WOW!!! :cheer3: All of these are tremendous but to actually remove it from your mouth :devil:

today at work (deli/convenience store) I almost had an epic meltdown and chowfest. The customers kept coming, I had no chance to shove my lunch in my gullet, and the things in front of me were 4" housemade chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon coffeecake, caramel crumb coffeecake, 4" housemade peanut butter cookies...I was SO close to caving. Because I was hungry, and I was so angry because I couldn't even eat my healthy South-Beach approved chicken chili. Being angry and hungry is bad!

BUT I waited until there was literally one minute between customers, and got some roast beef from the deli, with a little horseradish sauce and wolfed that down (was still chewing when the next customers came in) And that made the hunger go away, then I was OK :carrot:

gardend1va 03-07-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VermontMom (Post 4243671)
WOW!!! :cheer3: All of these are tremendous but to actually remove it from your mouth :devil:

today at work (deli/convenience store) I almost had an epic meltdown and chowfest. The customers kept coming, I had no chance to shove my lunch in my gullet, and the things in front of me were 4" housemade chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon coffeecake, caramel crumb coffeecake, 4" housemade peanut butter cookies...I was SO close to caving. Because I was hungry, and I was so angry because I couldn't even eat my healthy South-Beach approved chicken chili. Being angry and hungry is bad!

BUT I waited until there was literally one minute between customers, and got some roast beef from the deli, with a little horseradish sauce and wolfed that down (was still chewing when the next customers came in) And that made the hunger go away, then I was OK :carrot:

Wow VermontMom, thanks for the kind words about my stupid cookie, but I am really impressed with the perfect storm of being emotional, rushed, and surrounded by highly delicious temptations, and coming out the other side of that with self control and good choices. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

rachaelm 03-07-2012 02:35 PM

I was eating a bowl of cereal last night. I had the calories for it. I thought, "This cereal is soggy & not very good." So I got up & threw it away. That may not sound like much to y'all, but for me, it was a victory.